Wolf Online vs Offline Ownership

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Rawny

Wolf Online vs Offline Ownership

Post by Rawny »

Maybe other than confirmation, from my tests, this is more of a warning.

Befriended wolves while logged in will be "linked" to, example, Rawny(Online confirmed ID) where as if you use the "Play Offline" option while starting MC, befriended wolves will be "linked" to, example, Rawny(Offline unconfirmed ID). Yes, sometimes, to satisfy my own paranoia, I disable the network card in my PC and play offline. While playing Offline you will not be able to make an online befriended wolf stand up for say mating, and vice versa. I currently have two wolves, one befriended "online" and the other "offline" and restarting MC in either mode lets me control only one or the other. Kinda funny.

FYI
Have fun.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Zhil

Re: Wolf Online vs Offline Ownership

Post by Zhil »

Yeah, it's been a long time issue. I'm wondering if there's a tool somewhere to edit something like NBT data, so you can set all the wolves to be owned by the player you currently want to play as. That might be useful.

A quick look around turns up nothing. This might be one of those times where you want to cheat. Kill wolfs, grab spawner eggs, place and befriend new wolves.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
ion

Post by ion »

i use both, because my connection is so so i got 2 pair of wolves that can be breed both online and offline. all for that future wolf blocks house. nice, cozy and warm.
there is no need to cheat as wolves are plenty around your area
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

I had no idea this could happen, funny I have never run into such problems. Or maybe i have, i just haven't realised it :)