My sister's new pet.

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
jorgebonafe

My sister's new pet.

Post by jorgebonafe »

It's a rat.

Tell me if it isn't the cudliest cutest most adoring little thing you ever saw....

Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Zhil

Re: My sister's new pet.

Post by Zhil »

No no, ish a hamster.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

No, it's actually a rat. Notice the long nose... He's young so he's still small, but he'll probably grow still.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

D'aww, that is just too adorable. I absolutely love rodents. I've heard rats in particular are very loving and affectionate. :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Miss_Kat wrote:D'aww, that is just too adorable. I absolutely love rodents. I've heard rats in particular are very loving and affectionate. :)
Yep, they absolutely are :) Which is something I just found out today, first time I saw the cute little thing. I wouldn't have believed it, rats have such a bad reputation...

Also, at least this one in particular, is very friendly. He never saw me before but he wasn't scared or upset with me at all...

Oh, and he licks your finger like a tiny dog... So cute.........................
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Ah! Now would you look at that little rascal, all curious and stuff. :P
He's gonna need a much bigger cage soon though, those things grow fast.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

jorgebonafe wrote:No, it's actually a rat. Notice the long nose... He's young so he's still small, but he'll probably grow still.
It's a reference to an old Fawlty Towers episode where John Cleese's character keeps telling his dumb Spanish waiter that his pet is a rat, with the waiter constantly answering "No no mister Fawlty, ish a hamster".

From 6:00 onwards:
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Gilberreke wrote:It's a reference to an old Fawlty Towers episode where John Cleese's character keeps telling his dumb Spanish waiter that his pet is a rat, with the waiter constantly answering "No no mister Fawlty, ish a hamster".[/youtube]
Lol, ok, never in a million years I would have guessed that XD Thanks :)
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

I like your pants :)
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
Xeo

Post by Xeo »

Away! I used to have a pet rat. Despite the negative connotations of them in society they make great pets. They are extremely smart and trainable, very friendly towards humans, and surprisingly hygienic. Most pet rats are descended from lab rats and have thus been almost completely domesticated, in my opinion making them far superior to other similar pets like mice or hamsters.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I love rats as pets but I find their lifespans to be tragic.
Better is the enemy of Good
Sarelth

Post by Sarelth »

Sadly where I live Rats are a big no-no.
The Rat Patrol will come and take your little friend away and do not nice things to it...
So I have never known the joys of a rodent friend.
Though my Grandma had gerbils when I was a lot younger.
One note on Gerbils, never trust the pet store person when they say they are both the same gender.
Gerbils give birth to a lot of young, which my grandma found out rather quickly.
CycloneSP wrote:The sun! it burns!!! Oh wait, that is just the aura of awesomeness coming off of FC. <puts on shades> Ah, much better.
BrainNoMore

Post by BrainNoMore »

DaveYanakov wrote:I love rats as pets but I find their lifespans to be tragic.
Have u thought of Chinchilla? I know it's not exactly rat but when it comes to rodents, you can't beat that lifespan, they are known to even reach to 20 years.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I have two young cats who I am quite fond of but my girlfriend has proven quite educational on the subject of chinchillas
Better is the enemy of Good
Rob

Post by Rob »

BrainNoMore wrote:
Have u thought of Chinchilla? I know it's not exactly rat but when it comes to rodents, you can't beat that lifespan, they are known to even reach to 20 years.
I don't want to be the heartless bastard. But isn't a short life span a blessing. Less time to attach to it. Less time to mourn. Oh look, a new one. Twenty years would be like losing a family member. Your kid goes through college and moves out then the pet dies. Everyone's sad, like Grandma just passed away. <Shrugs> With that being said, I'll probably lose my mind when one or both of my dogs die. >.>
BrainNoMore

Post by BrainNoMore »

Rob wrote:
BrainNoMore wrote:
I don't want to be the heartless bastard. But isn't a short life span a blessing. Less time to attach to it. Less time to mourn. Oh look, a new one. Twenty years would be like losing a family member. Your kid goes through college and moves out then the pet dies. Everyone's sad, like Grandma just passed away. <Shrugs> With that being said, I'll probably lose my mind when one or both of my dogs die. >.>
Mourning kinda depends on the personality. When my last dog died I got totally lost for two days, then I accepted it and continued. Friends grow apart, girlfriends leave you and pets and other loved ones die... it's good while it lasts.

Bu to get back on topic, the little fella is totally adorable ^^ Did he (or she?) get a name already?
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

BrainNoMore wrote:Bu to get back on topic, the little fella is totally adorable ^^ Did he (or she?) get a name already?
That's a good question... I don't know if she gave him a name yet.....

I'm gonna call him The Plague Harbinger. Because BTW told me to. Isn't...that...a...cute...name...?