[WIP] Nick's handsome tools

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
nmarshall23

[WIP] Nick's handsome tools

Post by nmarshall23 »

So some of you know that, one of my favorite mods was Raust's RBD Tools Mod. Thus when it didn't get updated for 1.4.x I was very sad, but motivated to write my own version.

So what do these tools do? All of these tools can place blocks from your inventory. You place a block by right clicking with the tool in hand. Also by default pressing "b" let you cycle what blocks it will place. The tools are smart when cycling they show only what's in your inventory.

The Spade, is a shovel that can place dirt like blocks.
The Carpenter Saw, is an Axe that can place planks like blocks.
The Mason Pick, is a PickAxe, that can place bricks like blocks.
Lastly the Match Pick, is a PickAxe, that places torches.

All of these tools come only in Iron and Soulforged steel versions. To make tools that can place things, requires a well crafted handle. This handle is made with, a Haft and wooden mouldings and wooden corners.

Except the Match Pick, I didn't feel that placing torches would need a handle.. That one can be made with Iron, Gold, Diamond, and Soulforged steel.

The only reason I'm posting this as a WIP is because I don't have any graphics for the tools. I figured I could put a word out for some help.. Otherwise this weekend I will murder some pixels and make my own icons.

Soon as I have FX, I will post the recipes, the mod and a link to the source code.
Last edited by nmarshall23 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: [WIP] Nick's handsome tools

Post by Sarudak »

Is this a BTW addon?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Sarudak wrote:Is this a BTW addon?
nmarshall23 wrote:Almost forgot, these tools sit in the tech tree just after the saw.
To make tools that can place things, requires a well crafted handle. This handel is made with, a Haft and wooden mouldings and wooden corners. Soon as I have FX, I will post the recipes, the mod and a link to the source code.
Yes. :)
DigitalAristotle217

Post by DigitalAristotle217 »

Interesting! This will all be soulforged steel only, right?

If so, I think it would provide an interesting niche set of tools which I would use when constructing things, vs when I would use say the Mattock for regular mining operations.

If it's not for just soulforged steel, why? By the time someone can craft hafts, they already have stoked hibachi's and saws and are only a stone's throw away from being at steel. Just trying to say that I would personally never make a diamond set of these tools if I have the available steel.
nmarshall23

Post by nmarshall23 »

DigitalAristotle217 wrote:Interesting! This will all be soulforged steel only, right?

If so, I think it would provide an interesting niche set of tools which I would use when constructing things, vs when I would use say the Mattock for regular mining operations.

If it's not for just soulforged steel, why? By the time someone can craft hafts, they already have stoked hibachi's and saws and are only a stone's throw away from being at steel. Just trying to say that I would personally never make a diamond set of these tools if I have the available steel.
Your right, my use of Hafts in the handle recipe is an artifact when you could use slime to make hafts..
Hmm, also while thinking about how I tend to play, I tend to rush the tech tree to Soulforged steel, only then do I build any of these tools. Because I like recycling my steel.

Ok, those are good reasons, for limiting it to SFS, I've updated the OP. Today I'm doing a quick code check, and creating some graphics.
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

Panda wants pics!
Never say no to Panda.