Very Minor: Panels "float" on top of snow.

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
Xecaquan

Very Minor: Panels "float" on top of snow.

Post by Xecaquan »

I noticed when placing panels (stone or wood) on a snow block they "float" after destroying the snow block. Normal minecraft blocks destroy the snow as they are placed.
Spoiler
Show
Not sure if this is just as expected with the panel code or possible bug. Just happen to notice it while building at my new snow site.
grimper12341

Re: Very Minor: Panels "float" on top of snow.

Post by grimper12341 »

Hmms snow must be counted as a half block, so the panel gets placed on top of it.

Anyway, if you destroy the snow yourself before placing the panel, it should place correctly.

EDIT: Oops necro, silly forum placed this thread at the top of the unanswered posts list >.<
Cammyk

Post by Cammyk »

Sorry for asking such a stupid question but how do you post a picture on here?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stickying as this is still an active bug I want to be reminded of.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok, I just tracked this down, and it appears to be a bug with vanilla. When a block is placed over snow, its facing is set to be downwards (instead of upwards as you would expect). The thing is, since there are no downward facing vanilla blocks, this doesn't show up normally as a bug.

It would be a real pain in the ass to fix, either modifying a fairly low-level base-class (ItemBlock), or creating my own class to override that behavior. Neither solution seems particularly reasonable, so given how minor this bug is, I'm just going to leave it as is.