Posting here kinda sucks

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
DasKinder

Posting here kinda sucks

Post by DasKinder »

I went off the deep end a little posting something in the ideas section, and I have to say, there are some jerks lurking in the forums...

And not just with my post did i see this, I started looking through topics that interested me, and I keep seeing the same names bitching *cough* Gilberreke *cough* (excuse the language, and he report my post and got it locked on 6 different reason... there are only 3 rules and was complaining about someone else in another post).

And I know FlowerChild is stern, but he is like the strict father that understand that there's is a lot of bull shit there but tries to help you understand. The others are kinda like what I would imagine a black gangster high on crack thinking youre a white supremest would act towards you. The maker is named FlowerChild, but im not feeling the love from some of the people here

Any agree/disagree?
Greed cant get enough
Lust cant seek enough
Pride cant need enough
Envy cant be enough
Wrath cant hate enough
Gluttony cant consume enough
Sloth cant care enough

... are you enough?
walker_boh_65

Re: Posting here kinda sucks

Post by walker_boh_65 »

DasKinder wrote:I went off the deep end a little posting something in the ideas section, and I have to say, there are some jerks lurking in the forums...

And not just with my post did i see this, I started looking through topics that interested me, and I keep seeing the same names bitching *cough* Gilberreke *cough* (excuse the language, and he report my post and got it locked on 6 different reason... there are only 3 rules and was complaining about someone else in another post).

And I know FlowerChild is stern, but he is like the strict father that understand that there's is a lot of bull shit there but tries to help you understand. The others are kinda like what I would imagine a black gangster high on crack thinking youre a white supremest would act towards you. The maker is named FlowerChild, but im not feeling the love from some of the people here

Any agree/disagree?
first off this will no doubt be locked quickly and second we get plenty of suggestions and posts from many people who just dont read the rules or post and act accordingly to that, and we just crack on any post that is already been discussed, suggested, or just gives you the feeling that a four year old wrote it
DasKinder

Post by DasKinder »

walker_boh_65 wrote:
first off this will no doubt be locked quickly and second we get plenty of suggestions and posts from many people who just dont read the rules or post and act accordingly to that, and we just crack on any post that is already been discussed, suggested, or just gives you the feeling that a four year old wrote it
Makes sense, but one of the other people that commented contradicted themselves in the process, so I think its a little rude to be slinging "stupid" and bolding words. this is not a constructive atmosphere
Greed cant get enough
Lust cant seek enough
Pride cant need enough
Envy cant be enough
Wrath cant hate enough
Sloth cant care enough

... are you enough?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

I completely agree with you that those people did not handle themselves very well at all, it really would have been enough to say its being implemented at some point, and point out that yo broke a few rules, but they basically trolled your post which i did not find completely necessary
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I was going to make a detailed post explaining how the forums very simple rules come into effect, and then express a bit of dissatisfaction over the way some people have handled things.

Then I remembered how hard I much effort I put in day after day to not revert to the me that would ruthlessly shoot down any sign of idiocy I saw, and decided those people probably just couldn't help themselves. It's hard. It's like quitting smoking, then suddenly finding your bus is late; you reach into your pocket without thinking to find it empty - there's a shop nearby. One won't hurt right? You can give the others to your mates when you get to work, after all you owe a few from past events. You start walking, but you see the bus...but it's about to stop at the lights. You can make it back in time for the bus....but you don't have time for the cig if you do. That moment of temptation could make you late for work, but it's alright, isn't it? After all, it's only one...

The moral of the story is, don't hate the haters. Or something like that. Infact it's probably meaningless, but you get the general idea.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
DasKinder

Post by DasKinder »

Stormweaver wrote:
The moral of the story is, don't hate the haters. Or something like that. Infact it's probably meaningless, but you get the general idea.
It's a good story, but a little off. More or less I'm searching for a reason to support this community threw asking people to comment, cause if I wanted to be insulted like that I can just go talk to an active military (good chances they will act the same, sad but true). My way of dealing with people like that is to avoid them and support something better, or get admin and ban but thats another story. But the fact of the matter is that I like this mod, but seeing shit like that just turns me away, i actually (after seeing them post about my first idea) got a sudden urge to quit the BTW modded game i was playing at the moment.

Edit: now that i notice, i havent been playing my game (been on pause). just been messing around or closing up the side labs i have tonight
Greed cant get enough
Lust cant seek enough
Pride cant need enough
Envy cant be enough
Wrath cant hate enough
Sloth cant care enough

... are you enough?
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

DasKinder wrote:It's a good story, but a little off. More or less I'm searching for a reason to support this community threw asking people to comment, cause if I wanted to be insulted like that I can just go talk to an active military (good chances they will act the same, sad but true). My way of dealing with people like that is to avoid them and support something better, or get admin and ban but thats another story. But the fact of the matter is that I like this mod, but seeing shit like that just turns me away, i actually (after seeing them post about my first idea) got a sudden urge to quit the BTW modded game i was playing at the moment.

Edit: now that i notice, i havent been playing my game (been on pause). just been messing around or closing up the side labs i have tonight
I'll be honest; I lost a bit of respect for you when I read the [bolded]. But beside the point, people were a bit out of line with the lens topic (the redstone topic seemed civil) but I have to admit that a lot of posts and suggestions regarding the lens or incredibly similar concepts have been posted recently, you were just unfortunate in that you posted the nth version of it. You're not blameless though, as there *is* a search function, and the forum was made to prevent things like the same thing being posted over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

The community as a whole isn't bad, but I think the lens concept has been slapped around so much recently it's become a sore spot.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
DasKinder

Post by DasKinder »

I'm easily turned off by stuff, salesmen and people wanting donations especially. But for this game in general having seen a bad portion of the community just turned me away a little from supporting it cause i like to give feed back being a programer/inventor/entrepreneur but dont like being around those people. That's why i joined the forums after all.

I've seen your posts in the a lot of the topics though, and I am grateful there are those like you to balance it out. Walker too.

Mainly you two because you took the time to talk

edit: I just get turn away from games that have crappy people in it, stopped playing WoW for weeks at a time cause I had enough of it.

edit2: lol guess its why i wouldnt care to see the world burn sometimes
Greed cant get enough
Lust cant seek enough
Pride cant need enough
Envy cant be enough
Wrath cant hate enough
Sloth cant care enough

... are you enough?
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Look, I only stated the rules and the obvious, I could have been a lot meaner. I am a nice guy to people acting constructively. You creating a thread specifically to call me out is a lot ruder than me explaining the rules to you.

I have been chatting with FC the last few days and if he thought me to be an obnoxious person, I would've known it by now. Read through my posts a little and you'll see that I'm not the beast you make me out to be.

Also, get your facts straight, I didn't report your post. If it's locked, it's because a mod deemed it to be rule-breaking too.

Edit: reread my last 50 posts or so to confirm my rudeness towards people. I know I have a habit of being rude, but I didn't find a single post that was rude. Rereading my post on your thread, I see that it was the first post there to actually explain the rules to you and it didn't contain one rude word. So, unless you can point out some specific posts of me, where I was "bitching", I think an apology is due.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Gilberreke wrote:Look, I only stated the rules and the obvious, I could have been a lot meaner. I am a nice guy to people acting constructively. You creating a thread specifically to call me out is a lot ruder than me explaining the rules to you.

I have been chatting with FC the last few days and if he thought me to be an obnoxious person, I would've known it by now. Read through my posts a little and you'll see that I'm not the beast you make me out to be.

Also, get your facts straight, I didn't report your post. If it's locked, it's because a mod deemed it to be rule-breaking too.

Edit: reread my last 50 posts or so to confirm my rudeness towards people. I know I have a habit of being rude, but I didn't find a single post that was rude. Rereading my post on your thread, I see that it was the first post there to actually explain the rules to you and it didn't contain one rude word. So, unless you can point out some specific posts of me, where I was "bitching", I think an apology is due.
Maybe he's mixing us up. Sorry if you're getting blamed for my blatant assholery :P

@Kinder: Aww, did we make you sad? Boo hoo. Learn to read the rules, search before you suggest, and suck it up. You honestly made an account, posted a suggestion that was already planned without reading ANYTHING, and then ran crying to the off-topic board when you got chewed out for it?

New flash, we all see this board too.

As for your third paragraph: I doubt FC would be any kinder to you than any of us. If anything I think he's crueler than me sometimes. And that second bit? That's just racist. If, however, you'd like an accurate picture of how people will be to you if you keep posting dumbass and/or plaintive threads, imagine instead an executioner with a penchant for cruel and extensive torture.

Either be a useful member of the community, or quit your complaining. Better yet, do both, yeh?

Lastly,
if I wanted to be insulted like that I can just go talk to an active military

is both insulting and unfounded. Have you ever actually had any experience with the military? I doubt it. They are, as a civil service, about as likely to be rude to you as a cop or a paramedic. I'd shut it, were I you.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

You broke the rules and some nice gentlemen called you out on it. Adapt and deal with it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Guys, I'm not singling out the OP here, I think we could all take it down a notch.

Going to close this thread as it seems to be rapidly turning into a flame-war.