Wicked fun seed (I blame you, FC)

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Punnikin

Wicked fun seed (I blame you, FC)

Post by Punnikin »

In my search for a seed to offer a real challenge and possibly a way to push it to the limit, I may have found one that I'll actually stick with. Some folks like huge cliffs and waterfalls, some like a wide, flat basin, etc. I'm still not sure how I'll make this work yet but I'm gonna try.

I put in a custom seed: FlowerChild (real seed is -31755423) and what it came up with was a true challenge. I encourage everyone to check out this seed but I'll offer a short description as well for those who dislike loading new worlds for a peek.
Spoiler
Show
Three small islands fairly close together, a single oak tree, a few tufts of grass, and a natural cave system beneath the spawn island. A hoe is a definite must unless you get incredibly lucky, plenty of coal and a fair amount of iron to be had in the cave system, diamond is there but hard to find. No clue how I will get wolves but I may be able to force a livestock spawn if I build a plains area. Unsure how that works yet.
All in all, it's a challenge I'm looking forward to. I'm almost sure it'll fail but one never knows what exploration may bring.
Graphite

Re: Wicked fun seed (I blame you, FC)

Post by Graphite »

Oooh, island survival map. Always good fun. Finding suitable livestock is going to be bitch though (atleast the wolves teleport to you once tamed).
Punnikin

Post by Punnikin »

I'm hoping I can somehow force a spawn if I create enough grassland. Once I get some livestock I'll tear out the grassland and make an underground spawner. This should be interesting if it works.
Jay42
Location: Walking behind you; Sleeping besides you; Talking around you.

Post by Jay42 »

Sorry, we already know that one:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2162#p33097

Been my main world ever since then.
Stormweaver wrote:BTW: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places.
Backups. Backups! BACKUPS!!
Punnikin

Post by Punnikin »

I never saw that post before. Hrm. And here I thought I'd found something interesting and new. :(

Nevertheless, I got wolves thanks to a very long boat trip and I'm still waiting to see if I can spawn cows.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Punnikin wrote:Nevertheless, I got wolves thanks to a very long boat trip and I'm still waiting to see if I can spawn cows.
AFAIK, you can't create biomes. Unless cows spawn in ocean biomes, you're out of luck.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

sargunster wrote:
Punnikin wrote:Nevertheless, I got wolves thanks to a very long boat trip and I'm still waiting to see if I can spawn cows.
AFAIK, you can't create biomes. Unless cows spawn in ocean biomes, you're out of luck.
In my first Map, it was the time were wolves got released, I have a house under the ocean and there spawn wolves, near my trees.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Passive mobs, wolves included, have been "permanent" since 1.8, they only spawn upon chunk generation. There was a long two months where wool was nearly impossible to get except from string, as sheep didnt regen wool or respawn. :)
Punnikin

Post by Punnikin »

Looks like my cows are gonna have a long boring swim ahead of them then. :)