Tera-europe (MMO)

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
FaceFoiled

Tera-europe (MMO)

Post by FaceFoiled »

Hiya!

I completely forgot about this game, and although I won't be playing it very long right now (15 days until Diablo 3 orgasm), I am starting it up tonight (pre-order, pre-release access). I was wondering if anybody else was planning to check it out. :)
kaspermwh

Re: Tera-europe (MMO)

Post by kaspermwh »

Last last weekend they held an open beta weekend :) I tried it out and i must say i quite liked it, it's different!

I Wont be playing it though, with my final exams and Diablo my life is pretty much occupied ;)
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

If they put in a demo, I'll definitely give it a try. Not sure whether I can stand playing it though as the level of fan-service I've seen so far is close to sickening (and yes, I can't believe I'm saying it either). There's just something about women in cocktail dresses with high heels running around in the desert that just gets under my skin.
Nazara

Post by Nazara »

Graphite wrote:If they put in a demo, I'll definitely give it a try. Not sure whether I can stand playing it though as the level of fan-service I've seen so far is close to sickening (and yes, I can't believe I'm saying it either). There's just something about women in cocktail dresses with high heels running around in the desert that just gets under my skin.
It's not the women in cocktail dresses and heels I'm disturbed by
Spoiler
Show
Taking creep to a whole new level there. Yikes.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Got a point there. Cover up the top half and you have perfectly womanly hips and legs, yet cover up the bottom half and you'll have a kid. Normally in games like this I tend to roll one of each classes/races, but I somehow doubt I'd be willing to play one of those.
Nazara

Post by Nazara »

The worst part are the males look nothing like the females. Popori males look like pudgy beavers or terriers. The females only look like this to fufill some hidden creepy loli-pedo quota
Urian

Post by Urian »

While I agree that it seems interesting I'm not likely to play it for three reasons:
  1. From what I've heard (from many different sources) it's a complete grind fest and I don't find those kind of MMOs entertaining.
  2. The diplomacy system sounds very nice in theory but it's something that can spoil the game for lots of people since it can be abused by griefers quite easily.
  3. Action based MMOs might be a welcome change to the standard "stand still and spam skills"-type of MMOs but I'll be getting Guild Wars 2 instead since that one seems to have most of the things I want in an MMO (I was in the first semi-public beta this weekend and it was very good IMO)
That's the first time I've seen a female popori, I kinda despair. The male popori is one of the things I like most about Tera but if that's the female version... ick! *Insert witty joke here about female beavers* As for the youth looking aspect, I blame it on Tera being an Asian MMO, due to their tendency to have young (looking) protagonists. *Insert witty joke here about female beavers*
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
PureZaros

Post by PureZaros »

That race (the loli one) is not actually Popori. It's an entirely different race without a male counterpart, but I can't remember the name of it right now. Blame Jesse Cox for my knowledge of this.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
Panda wrote:Edit: Thanks for the sticky good sir. <3
I really wish more women said things like this.
Nazara

Post by Nazara »

PureZaros wrote:That race (the loli one) is not actually Popori. It's an entirely different race without a male counterpart, but I can't remember the name of it right now. Blame Jesse Cox for my knowledge of this.
My mistake.
PureZaros

Post by PureZaros »

Nazara wrote:My mistake.
Not a problem, I was just making sure we were working with the correct knowledge. :)
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
Panda wrote:Edit: Thanks for the sticky good sir. <3
I really wish more women said things like this.
kaspermwh

Post by kaspermwh »

Yeh, that loli race is pretty weird... But the combat system and the environment of the game feels so right, so that makes up for it :)

The quest system is pretty forward too, not complicated or heavy at all. Im looking forward to seeing raid boss fights in this game, it will certainly get interesting to watch.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Started the pre-launch access last night, and god it's good. :D I seriously did not have that much fun with an MMO for quite a long time (and I usually test them all). I played during some of the beta events previously, and tested the sorceress/Berserker/Lancer and loved them all, they all had cool combat mechanics and skills. To be different for once, I started off as a Priest with my main character (usually do sorceress/wizard type as main). And damn the priests fighting combat is awesome. :D

The entire live action thing really is amazing, you can actually take on a high level monster and just play your cards right to survive and take him down by avoiding the monster and chaining your skills right. I'll be diving into this again when I get home tonight, but for now I will zzzwork! :(

You know a game is good, when you look at your clock and think "damn, kinda should go to bed, let's just finish this quest" and half an hour later you realize you long since finished the quest but go.. "oops, oh well, close to 13 now I might as well go for that before I log off".

The races are explicit yes, with revealing outfits etc. That is something that appeals to a lot of people though :P and I can't say I did not start a sexy demon-chick ^_^ (Castanic). The loli character (Elin) does bring about a few "wuts?" but than again, I watch quite a lot of anime and am rather used to seeing a small girl wielding a giant axe :P. For the Western launch (Europe/NA) they actually dressed the characters up a bit, compared to the original korean launch. A lot of the pics you might google, will be from the korean game. :)

And yes, my Berserker will most likely be a Popori (furry), and my Lancer a Elin (lol). :D Small furry with giant axe = win. Small girl with giant lance and shield = doubelwin.

If you want to check out the races/classes, check; http://tera-europe.com/world/world.html
Urian

Post by Urian »

I'm actually getting a bit more tempted by this game after reading up on it some more. I might wait for a few more reviews since I'll be away until early next week but it might be a good distraction while waiting for GW2 (besides SWTOR and Diablo III (and of course minecraft)). On the other hand, there is also Secret World that looks kinda intriguing and different from standard MMOs... so many games and so little time.

Edit: Screw that, I ordered it since I found it on pre-release sale. If it's not good I'll just play for one month :p
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

If you want to hook up; I play on Samual.. Sam... Sa... something. PvP eu server. :P - Gnomsicle, Castanic Priest!
Urian

Post by Urian »

I prefer PvE so I'll join Velik (applied for a guild there). Planning on trying several classes and my character names will be Rainu, Rainua, Rainuc (Rainub sounds like a noob so I tend to skip it), Rainud, etc.