Lens Melt snow

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
i3atwaffl3s

Lens Melt snow

Post by i3atwaffl3s »

My suggestion is to make it so lens melt snow blocks at constant intervals, so you could make accurate timers with them.
Elevatator

Re: Lens Melt snow

Post by Elevatator »

Where is the use? That there will be a progress settet on when it snows?
And it rains/snows in random intervalls.
Or do you want something like a clock? Use redstone.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Xekrom337

Post by Xekrom337 »

i dont get how this can be used for a timer, can you explain?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Xekrom337 wrote:i dont get how this can be used for a timer, can you explain?
It is obviously a doomsday timer. once it reaches the end of the line. Boom, it all goes away.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I think it'd be more or less impossible to do at constant intervals. Not without more than a suitable amount of edits to snow anyways.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
johnt

Post by johnt »

i think just in terms of 'world logic' it should melt snow, but i'll be damned if i can think of a practical use for it.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Keep in mind that FC has stated that he's planning for things like making lenses start fires. Asking for features about something that was released in the last 24 hours and is still getting added to can be seen as a little bit rude.

Snow melting is essentially random so it's doubtful that the timing on something like this is possible without editing base classes. That's fine when it brings a lot to the table but there are already so many options for creating precision timers that this is just silly.
Better is the enemy of Good
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

I can actually think of a use for this. If it melts ice, I can direct it down my irrigation ditch on my farm to keep it from freezing. Not that this is enough reason to code the behavior on it's own.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Did anyone even try this yet? I may be wrong, but doesn't ice and snow melt with high light levels already? If that's the case, you just have to point the lens at the snow.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

jorgebonafe wrote:Did anyone even try this yet? I may be wrong, but doesn't ice and snow melt with high light levels already? If that's the case, you just have to point the lens at the snow.
Yes it melts, but not in the straight line that I think they want...
Minecraft Name:Sky_Som
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Sky_Som wrote:Yes it melts, but not in the straight line that I think they want...
Well, that's not necessary for an irrigation ditch, the way it is now would work already. Aside from that, it would be probably to difficult to program and doesn't have quite so many practical uses IMO....
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

TheAnarchitect wrote:I can actually think of a use for this. If it melts ice, I can direct it down my irrigation ditch on my farm to keep it from freezing. Not that this is enough reason to code the behavior on it's own.
It wouldn't really work that way since the water blocks the beam. You're better off just popping a torch down near the middle of the waterway.
Better is the enemy of Good
SilvasRuin

Post by SilvasRuin »

I think he means if the blocks projected by the lense melt ice, he'd place it running down his irrigation one block over it, not level with it. But that seems too close to the behavior FlowerChild has said was unintended.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Has this one run its course yet? It was a random thought from a first time poster without additional explanation. I think we can let it go now :)