BTW and Finite Liquid?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
akantorJojo

BTW and Finite Liquid?

Post by akantorJojo »

hey, i realy love your mod... its just great!!!
I´m sorry for my bad english... i´m from germany!

A few days ago i tried to install BTW 2.70 , Mo´Creatures and Finite Liquid mod on my minecraft 1.7.3 ... but unfortunately BTW and Finite Liquid "don´t like each other" ...

so i wanted to ask you if it´s possible to make thos to mods compatible???

that would be realy nice!
Sky_Som

Re: BTW and Finite Liquid?

Post by Sky_Som »

What was the install order? I have heard that it does effect (affect? I've never been good with those.) I believe FC said something about the mod being able to work without some classes while others mods will not.
Minecraft Name:Sky_Som
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

See viewtopic.php?f=3&t=69 for some tips with finite water.
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

gftweek wrote:See viewtopic.php?f=3&t=69 for some tips with finite water.

Yes that is where I remember seeing it!
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

Finite Liquid (Block id's 222-229 conflict and should be adjusted in /mods/DJoslin/FiniteLiquid.properties; finite water will not drive water wheels; finite water overwrites jq.class and yq.class to change pistons and fire in order to compress fluids and boil water. Hibachis will still work, although the piston bugs BTW corrected will likely return)

you mean this right?

but i have no idear what this means, that i have to do... thas now my real problem... i have no idear how to solve this block id conflikts...
David367th

Post by David367th »

Sky_Som wrote:What was the install order? I have heard that it does effect (affect? I've never been good with those.) I believe FC said something about the mod being able to work without some classes while others mods will not.
Effect is Present Tence (lol idk about that much)
Affect Is post tence

If we type these numbers in the computer the effect will make the rocket self-destruct!

Punching him in the face affected his eye sight

(off topic much, I know)
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

akantorJojo wrote:Finite Liquid (Block id's 222-229 conflict and should be adjusted in /mods/DJoslin/FiniteLiquid.properties; finite water will not drive water wheels; finite water overwrites jq.class and yq.class to change pistons and fire in order to compress fluids and boil water. Hibachis will still work, although the piston bugs BTW corrected will likely return)

you mean this right?

but i have no idear what this means, that i have to do... thas now my real problem... i have no idear how to solve this block id conflikts...
You need to go into the .minecraft folder where you put the mods into the bin. There will be a folder called mods go into that and find finite water. Change the blOck Id's to something else. Make sure to have install finite water and Mo Creature after BTW.
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

i´m sorry but i can´t find what you toald me...

i have no idear how you install your mods... but i coppy and paste all class-files and folders in the minecraft.jar by my own!

and in /.../.minecraft/mods/ i can only find mo`creatures...

so you toald me i "only" have to change the block ids of some of this blocks right??? but i have realy no idear how to do this... is there probably a link to some viedeos?
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

I would go on YouTube and search. If you can't find the configuration Ike then there isn't much we can do to help.
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

ok... i found the folder you mean... and i changed the block ids 222-229 to 622-629 but it still does not work!!

any more ideras... did i fail the change shound i probably change other block ids too? or are the id´s 622-629 just used??
Urian

Post by Urian »

akantorJojo wrote:ok... i found the folder you mean... and i changed the block ids 222-229 to 622-629 but it still does not work!!

any more ideras... did i fail the change shound i probably change other block ids too? or are the id´s 622-629 just used??
Are you using Minecraft Extended? If not, then the max blockID is 255 (or is it 256?).
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

ok thank you... is it possible to see, which ids are occupated and which not???

cause i have no idear which ids are still free...

can you post a link for Minecraft Extended?

edit:

i now used 230-237 (instead of 222-229) but it´s still not working! and the error-note that appears when trie to start minecraft dissapears after a few seconds... therefre i cant read what´s wrong...

edit 2:

i found this... probably soneone nows what that means:

FEINER: addOverride(/terrain.png,/imgz/ac_on.png,212). 25 left.
19.07.2011 20:39:19 ModLoader addMod
FEIN: Failed to load mod from "mod_NWater.class"19.07.2011 20:39:19 ModLoader addMod
FEINER: THROW
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at ModLoader.addMod(ModLoader.java:272)
at ModLoader.readFromClassPath(ModLoader.java:1104)
at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:812)
at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:183)
at th.<init>(th.java:60)
at th.<clinit>(th.java:9)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:318)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:716)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 233 is already occupied by FCBlockBlockDispenser@77a748 when adding BlockNOil@1876e5d at uu.<init>(SourceFile:244)
at uu.<init>(SourceFile:265)
at BlockNWater.<init>(BlockNWater.java:14)
at BlockNOil.<init>(BlockNOil.java:14)
at mod_NWater.<clinit>(mod_NWater.java:1235)
... 15 more
19.07.2011 20:39:30 ModLoader AddAllRenderers
FEIN: Initialized

just to say this: i wasn´t using the block id 233 for BlockNOil@1876e5d ...

to explai what i did... :
i installed all mods:
mod loader
audio mod
property reader (old v1.40)
GuiAPI

Mo´Creatuers
Finite Liquid
BTW

in this order... then i searched for the folder to change the id´s ... but i couldn´t find it... i started minecraft and failed ... now i could found the file to change the id´s and i did! startet again... and after that i fount this (look upside)
Last edited by akantorJojo on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote:
akantorJojo wrote:ok... i found the folder you mean... and i changed the block ids 222-229 to 622-629 but it still does not work!!

Are you using Minecraft Extended? If not, then the max blockID is 255 (or is it 256?).
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

i found the problem..

in the BTW read me i foun the BTW-Block_ids and changed the FL-Block_ids in the way that they agree!!!

and it seams to work... i´m now checking, if realy al 3 mods are installed(Mo`creatires, Finite Liquid, BTW)

EDIT:

ok: Finitie Liquids ... checked by creating a smal lake near the ocean an then connecting both!! WORKS!!

BTW ... checked by crafting a gear!! WORKS!!

Mo´Creatures ... checked by fighting a shark!! WORKS!!

thank you guys... you realy realy solved my problem!!! BTW for ever... i love this mod!!! (well the others too ;) )
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Does the finite liquid power the water wheel?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Ice Fyre

Post by Ice Fyre »

Gilberreke wrote:Does the finite liquid power the water wheel?
Not from what I have heard from the few people who have tried the two mods together. I can't for the life of me remember if they ever figured out how to get past this...
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

AFAIK, the Finite Water mod includes a way to make ordinary MC water.
"That's the nice thing about mods. There's something for everyone. Some of us like to build functional elevators, while others want to run around with a bunny on their head."
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Great, I might try that out then :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx