Windmills break on arrow hit

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
OneTripleZero

Windmills break on arrow hit

Post by OneTripleZero »

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature (I didn't see it here or in the docs) but an arrow shot into a windmill destroys it. Fairly certain both Steve (confirmed) and Skeleton (suspected) shot arrows cause this, which can make it problematic if you don't immediately notice that your mill is down and it disappears, or falls somewhere and you lose it.
Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for Humanity - Horace Mann
M!C

Re: Windmills break on arrow hit

Post by M!C »

Afaik, that happens because the windmill is an entity just like minecarts. If it breaks to easily FC could probably increase its damage resistance but imo it adds a little extra challenge: you have to protect your mill.
OneTripleZero

Post by OneTripleZero »

This is what I was thinking as well, but figured I'd bring it up in case that wasn't what he intended. I actually had one of mine just disappear one night, no idea what happened to it. Never noticed until my mills wouldn't engage.
M!C

Post by M!C »

I can't find it atm but this has been brought up before and was dismissed as a feature by FC, no changes intended/necessary (I hope my memory serves me right here...).
OneTripleZero

Post by OneTripleZero »

All good if it is, I searched and didn't find it and was more curious than anything. Waterwheels kinda fix the problem instantly anyway :P
Urian

Post by Urian »

Not a bug, thread locked.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea