elevator block bug

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
kamazotz

elevator block bug

Post by kamazotz »

well known fact that elevator stops when touching a block from below, unfortunately, when it hots a block from above, the rope breaks off the anchor. please fix this

for example {rope} (anchor) [any block]

{}

( ) [ ]
[le elevator]
Last edited by kamazotz on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mason11987

Re: elevator block bug

Post by Mason11987 »

kamazotz wrote:well known fact that elevator stops when touching a block from below, unfortunately, when it hots a block from above, the rope breaks off the anchor. please fix this {I think big}
I think this is intended behavior. It's not exactly hard to avoid hitting blocks when going up... just don't have blocks there.
kamazotz

Post by kamazotz »

yes but imagine the posibilities if this was fixed O.O

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
le five story building

think big and ul find that with a tall building, and a little bit of imagination (and wireless redstone and pistons XD) you can make an elevator that stops at certain levels

i've already built a gate that would function, i only need this be fixed and il have myself an increadible peice of architecture
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I think the whole point of the rope breaking is to force players to actually think creative ways to make it stop...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

kamazotz wrote:yes but imagine the posibilities if this was fixed O.O

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
le five story building

think big and ul find that with a tall building, and a little bit of imagination (and wireless redstone and pistons XD) you can make an elevator that stops at certain levels

i've already built a gate that would function, i only need this be fixed and il have myself an increadible peice of architecture
Wireless redstone already makes n story elevators painfully easy to make, wihout extra help.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
kamazotz

Post by kamazotz »

well bloody hell, thats like 5 more hours of thinking. there goes my attention in school tomorow
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

Think about it this way. When it goes down and hits a block in real life the rope would just keep falling and gather atop the platform, but it hits a block going up the pulley wouldn't know to stop and keeps pulling til the rope snaps.
DocLazy

Post by DocLazy »

kamazotz wrote:yes but imagine the posibilities if this was fixed O.O

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
le five story building

Seems kind of pointless when you can easily stop the elevator by applying power to the pulley.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Not a bug. Thread locked.