Sargunster's BTW Addon [v2.4 alpha for MC1.4.7 and BTW4.42]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
sargunv
Site Admin

Re: Sargunster's BTW Addon [v2.1 for MC1.2.5 and BTW3.90]

Post by sargunv »

SgtChuckle wrote:Exactly how do the sails on Sturdy Boats work? Do they allow you to reach a higher speed, or are they required to help push the boat after a certain number of boats are stuck together? Aaand, finally, do you have any plans to add furnace boats or are you operating on logic that the furnace would burn the boat and so that wouldn't be possible? Loving the addon, btw. Automating a fruit farm was pretty tricky, but I managed to finally find a way to collect and sort fruits from wood and saplings. Still haven't found a way to perfectly sort out each type of fruit so that I can fully automate the juice process from tree to Juice container.
Sails increase the top speed and acceleration of the boats. Large collections of boats have a lower top speed and acceleration.

For your fuit farm, try keeping each type of fuit separated, so there's no need to sort.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

I just started updating the mod today. So far I have the void fog and particle tweaks working. Next up is the expanded Nether height and then the chisel / handsaw.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Best of luck with the update man. Feel free to ping me if you need a hand.
kazerima

Post by kazerima »

best of luck with your boats and sails, thanks to those changes to entities.
FlowerChild wrote:BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Nether tweaks and chisel / handsaw are now working. Next: Sensors, Fruit, Juice, and Boats. I'm going in order of difficulty, from easy to hard :)

I'm not sure how to make the chisel module handle the new dirt slabs. Should I just leave them alone, create a new item to work with them, or add the ability to manipulate them to the chisel / handsaw? I'm leaning toward option #1 because #2 feels like a waste to have an item that only works with one slab type, and option #3 doesn't make sense for the items.
FlowerChild wrote:Best of luck with the update man. Feel free to ping me if you need a hand.
Thanks for the offer. I'm fine for now, but I may need some help once I get to the boats. Did your entities require any additional base class modifications to get them working in 1.3?
kazerima wrote:best of luck with your boats and sails, thanks to those changes to entities.
I'm not looking forward to tackling those. :) That's why they've been saved for last.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

sargunster wrote:I'm not sure how to make the chisel module handle the new dirt slabs. Should I just leave them alone, create a new item to work with them, or add the ability to manipulate them to the chisel / handsaw? I'm leaning toward option #1 because #2 feels like a waste to have an item that only works with one slab type, and option #3 doesn't make sense for the items.
I would love the ability to split dirt blocks in half in place if possible. I could see me using them much more if this was possible with your mod :).
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

Mason11987 wrote:
sargunster wrote:I'm not sure how to make the chisel module handle the new dirt slabs. Should I just leave them alone, create a new item to work with them, or add the ability to manipulate them to the chisel / handsaw? I'm leaning toward option #1 because #2 feels like a waste to have an item that only works with one slab type, and option #3 doesn't make sense for the items.
I would love the ability to split dirt blocks in half in place if possible. I could see me using them much more if this was possible with your mod :).
This. Maybe some sort of a trowel?
Good luck on the update though.
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

sargunster wrote:Thanks for the offer. I'm fine for now, but I may need some help once I get to the boats. Did your entities require any additional base class modifications to get them working in 1.3?
Yeah, they did, but I setup interfaces for them that should make it relatively easy to add new ones.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Sensors and fruit are done. Juice and boats left. I also plan on making the color sensors work with sheep to make them useful with BTW's new Hardcore Sheep.
FlowerChild wrote:Yeah, they did, but I setup interfaces for them that should make it relatively easy to add new ones.
Thanks for that. :)
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Finished juice today. I'll try to get the boats done on Saturday, then release. There's also a few tweaks I want to do which will be released soon after the update. I may take a look at SMP after that.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

sargunster wrote:Finished juice today. I'll try to get the boats done on Saturday, then release. There's also a few tweaks I want to do which will be released soon after the update. I may take a look at SMP after that.
Right now, SMP is not really a feasible option for add-ons as my server code is VERY mod-specific. I expect that to change in the near future, but for now, I think it will be far more trouble than it's worth.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

I said SMP, but I meant LAN. Sorry.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

sargunster wrote:I said SMP, but I meant LAN. Sorry.
NP. If you get it working solid for LAN, any eventual port to SMP will be relatively easy anyways :)
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Just a quick update on the progress: I got most of it working on the weekend when I said I might release, but I haven't had time to fix the two bugs that are left since then. I'll try to get it done this weekend or next.
Corzan

Post by Corzan »

sargunster wrote:Just a quick update on the progress: I got most of it working on the weekend when I said I might release, but I haven't had time to fix the two bugs that are left since then. I'll try to get it done this weekend or next.
Awesome! I'm glad to hear of progress :)
Claim to fame: HCS before HCS was ever a thing
Nerdasaurus_Rex

Post by Nerdasaurus_Rex »

Oh boy! I've never played with your add-on yet, but I saw big boats and my eyes started to water a bit!
Best of luck man!
At one point I thought that the world was perfect.
Then I found BTW.
Now I'm in therapy.
sargunv
Site Admin

Re: Sargunster's BTW Addon [v2.2 alpha for MC1.3.2 and BTW4.

Post by sargunv »

One bug was holding the update back for far too long, so I decided to go ahead and release a test version. It should be stable enough for regular play, but workbench boats don't work properly. Chest boats are fine. Large boats may have collision issues. Steering my boats is a little odd, like pre-1.3 SMP. I'll work on fixing these soon, but college applications / essays and school projects are taking most of my time.

Changelog:
2.2 alpha
WARNING: This version may be buggy, so back up your saves. Also, don't use the workbench boats.
Updated the mod to work with Minecraft 1.3.2 and BTW 4.13.
Changed default block IDs to be further away from the BTW ones, as they were conflicting again. Make backups then check and fix your config files before opening saves!
Removed CraftGuide compatibility for juice due to CraftGuide going Forge.
Moved most of the mod's class files into a seperate subfolder.

Details on the workbench issue:
Whenever you click on an item in the GUI when using a workbench boat, the item simply disappears.
this problem doesn't happen with the chest boats. I've been trying to fix this for the last few weeks with no luck. If other modders could provide some info on solving this, it'll be very helpful.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gratz on releasing for 1.3, regardless of bugs man. I know it must not have been easy.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Sweet! :) Congrats on the 1.3 update man.
HighMongrel

Post by HighMongrel »

Thanks for the update, might be able to get back to my island world. Not sure why you've taken out craftguide compatibility though considering he released a modloader (ie. not FML) version for 1.3.2 as well.
Minecraftgeek70

Post by Minecraftgeek70 »

sargunster wrote: decided to go ahead and release a test version.
I am chuffed to pieces about this.. I appreciate all the hard work you've put into this and I'll be installing this on my single player set up forthwith !

rapturous applause young man!!
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Hey Sarg, just had an issue with the sturdy boat recipe, as it seems to not be working for me. Is it different now than the one in the OP?
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

I forgot to update the recipes to use the new type of wooden omni-blocks. Will fix and reupload.

EDIT: Fixed.
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

Thanks for the update, its great to be able to use the new 1.3 features in my main world. Couple of bugs:

- Green color sensors drop red sensors when broken
- fruit tree leaves are broken very quickly with fists, as fast as or faster than shears.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Briali wrote:- Green color sensors drop red sensors when broken
- fruit tree leaves are broken very quickly with fists, as fast as or faster than shears.
Fixed and reuploaded.