Zombie Apocalypse

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
HaloGamefreek

Zombie Apocalypse

Post by HaloGamefreek »

Ive been preparing and planning for some kind of disaster but this one has to be my favorite. Do any of you have Z-day plans?

Edit: Zombies are real. Just contained. There was an incedent not too long ago here in the U.S. in Florida that doesnt quite make sense. I dont care what kind of drugs you are on. If you get shot seven times you'd probably stop eating that guys face.....
Last edited by HaloGamefreek on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donzaffi

Re: Zombie Apocalypse

Post by Donzaffi »

I have 3 sharp swords hanging on my wall,
5 knifes on my bookcase
12 throwing knifes in my dartboard.
Curently I am working with my Girlfriend in a Bow and Arrows.
Yeah I think I'm prepared :D

Any questions ?
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

My fiance and I are kind of paranoid people, so when we're financially independent we do plan on being prepared for any sort of disaster, zombies included I suppose. Right now all we have is a handful of firearms and a small scattering of swords and knives, no idea how many. I lose pocket knives constantly.

Although I bet if I asked him, he already has a plan in place in his head - he's just that kind of guy. Luckily we live in a small town with more cows than people, so the local horde should be manageable. :P
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I rub dung into my scalp on a daily basis to make head-biting less appealing.

True story.
TheInfernalEnchanter

Post by TheInfernalEnchanter »

FlowerChild wrote:I rub dung into my scalp on a daily basis to make head-biting less appealing.

True story.
...I don't think zombies care if you have dung in your scalp because their taste buds are completly useless...
TheAnarchitect wrote:Steve also occasionally gets random flashes of uncontrolled insight, like what the caves under that mountain look like.
Ah, chunk errors...
HaloGamefreek

Post by HaloGamefreek »

Wow. As far as weaponry goes i feel a little unprepared compared to you guys. I have quite a stash of nonperishable foods and emergency medical stuff but as far as weapons go i have... A rifle... A couple knives... And an axe... Not to mention that i live in a heavily populated area.......
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

TheInfernalEnchanter wrote: ...I don't think zombies care if you have dung in your scalp because their taste buds are completly useless...
Sorry, my point didn't actually have anything to do with zombies. Just sharing.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

I'm one of those people that would probably be rather useless during the initial zombie outbreak, but who you want to keep alive for long-term rebuilding of society and civilization purposes. I've got a lot of knowledge on old-school food and clothing production techniques. I will tag along with any competent group. I have decent aim, been working on my running endurance, and take direction well in high pressure situations. xD
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
TheInfernalEnchanter

Post by TheInfernalEnchanter »

FlowerChild wrote:Sorry, my point didn't actually have anything to do with zombies. Just sharing.
Ah ok.

My weaponry consists of a sh*tty katana(not real) and a couple of kitchen knives. Though I do have a good knowledge of pressure points and a disbelief that zombies are real.

Edit: Just saw Morv's post above... Your right... Should a zombie outbreak ever occur, you should immediatly run like hell in the other direction from the zombies
Last edited by TheInfernalEnchanter on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheAnarchitect wrote:Steve also occasionally gets random flashes of uncontrolled insight, like what the caves under that mountain look like.
Ah, chunk errors...
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

As a college student, it is absolutely necessary to reinforce this cliche and inform you that I have a plan in place, in case of a zombie apocalypse. I live in Michigan, so there are plenty of abandoned, forested areas that my family/friends own property in, and live there for months without electricity anyway :)
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

HaloGamefreek wrote:Wow. As far as weaponry goes i feel a little unprepared compared to you guys. I have quite a stash of nonperishable foods and emergency medical stuff but as far as weapons go i have... A rifle... A couple knives... And an axe... Not to mention that i live in a heavily populated area.......
In my country firearms are prohibited, althought I don't like them. I have them normaly for one purpose: requisites for my photos.
The problem is catacylsm is coming in winter of this year, nothing to eat outhere. Do Zombie flesh produce also hunger in reality ?
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Cuchonchuir

Post by Cuchonchuir »

I'll just become a zombie. I've created a series of simple pictographic instructions that will instruct my zombie-self how to best eat the brains of all the people who think they will be safe.
Extreme Boyheat

Post by Extreme Boyheat »

I won't be stupid and go out and kill zombies, I'll just live in my warehouse full of tinned food and wait until the zombies rot enough so they can't move.
Horizon

Post by Horizon »

Move up to Northern Canada, and watch as the zombies freeze. Live off of noninfected wildlife after you run out of tinned food to eat.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I have a family gathering point up in the mountains and well away from population centers. I have a complete set of the Foxfire books there and a second set here at the house that I have read through often enough to know know to build an irrigation system out of young trees and forge my own tools from scrap steel.

I keep myself in good enough condition to survive a pace of twenty miles a day under a light load and keep an emergency kit in the trunk of my car that includes two weeks worth of dried/canned food, camping gear and two heavy wool blankets. I also keep a plastic face shield and a stack of plastic jumpsuits suitable for protection against biological hazard but too flimsy to keep from ripping away if grabbed.

I have a plan for getting to a community in Alaska that can easily be built into a walled village. I have planned out waypoints up through Canada to get there. I have a plan, I have the equipment and I have the knowhow to salvage what I can and rebuild. Funny thing is that this works for a whole lot of other disaster scenarios.

Bottom line, making a Day Z plan is not a bad idea and hardly crazy at all.

edit - If all you have planned for are weapons, thank you for volunteering to draw the zombies toward yourselves and away from me
Last edited by DaveYanakov on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Better is the enemy of Good
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Dave. Take me with you.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
aJaroOllie

Post by aJaroOllie »

Well gosh, guys, you've all made me feel under prepared. I was planning on going to the Winchester, having a nice cold pint, and waiting for all of it to blow over.
IGN: Matthew_OJ
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

It depends. Is it airborne? Is it touch-transfered? Exchange of bodily fluids? Some external source? The food? The water?

In a number of those cases I'd be screwed from the start so we'll ignore those. I live in a small town located not too far, but far enough away from a large city. We have two small supermarkets, one with a small bakery, a bakery and a butcher's shop. Provided they're attracted to the smell of blood they should all be clambering for the butcher's shop which is opposite thw first shop (he one with a small bakery), an ample distraction. Bread provides foodstuff and anti-biotics. There's also a pharmacy fpr other medicines. Have a spring powered air rifle and several kitchen knifes, alrhough I score around 97% last shooting test I had with my weak eye. Surrounded by farms so food shouldn't be too rare. Horses a little way.out to provide transport amd eventually food. Have a car and can drive so, depending on the number of other survivours, driving's an option as long as we can get power to the pumps. Although the main power plants are human dependant, the lesser one's (such as solar) shouldn't be, and the power usage'll hopefully dropped low enough for power to reach the pumps. Apart from that, who knows? Too many variables.

Edit: And also, not lose my head. Either figuratively or literally.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I have a hand powered bilge pump in the garage left over from the boat store. Who needs electricity to run a gas pump? You could rig up something similar with a battery powered tire pump (which you should keep in your car anyway. Seriously, you can get one built into a jump start battery for, like, $20 these days!) and enough rubber hose. It would be a lot noisier but it would keep your tank filled. If your car can't go around 500 miles between fillups, aquire a better vehicle.

Keep in mind, shooting a zombie should be a last resort unless you're dealing with a small infestation that you're cleaning up. In a potential horde scenario, a gunshot is going to get you killed.

As far as your antibiotics theory goes, penecillin is largely ineffective these days. Your best bet is going to be finding a dairy or beef farm as they generally keep large quantities of antibiotics in stock due to feeding cows small doses on a regular basis. In a pinch a vets office will have a wider selection but is more likely to be a destination of the people who recognize that going to a doctors office or hospital is out of the question.
Better is the enemy of Good
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Large quantities of MREs, check. Bottled water and the ability to purify more, check. Boy Scouts survival training, check. EMT training, check. SERE training, check. MORSE fluency and a HAM radio, check.

.. .-- .. .-.. .-.. -- .. ... ... -.-- --- ..- .- .-.. .-.. ...- . .-. -.-- -- ..- -.-. .... ---... -.--.- --. --- --- -.. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Ribky wrote: .. .-- .. .-.. .-.. -- .. ... ... -.-- --- ..- .- .-.. .-.. ...- . .-. -.-- -- ..- -.-. .... ---... -.--.- --. --- --- -.. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-
.-- . / ... .... .- .-.. .-.. / ... .--. . .- -.- / - .... .-. --- ..- --. .... / - .... . / .- .. .-. .-- .- ...- . ... --..-- / -- -.-- / ..-. .-. .. . -. -.. .-.-.-
DocHussey

Post by DocHussey »

This topic just reminded me of something sitting in my bookmarks folder for ages,
http://www.astro.ufl.edu/~jybarra/zombieplan.pdf
FlowerChild wrote:I'm drawing a line in the soul sand.
finite8 wrote:Give me all your diamonds and your enchanted gear or your base is going to resemble a Chunk Error.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

DocHussey wrote:This topic just reminded me of something sitting in my bookmarks folder for ages,
http://www.astro.ufl.edu/~jybarra/zombieplan.pdf
Heh, hilarious. I liked the sneaky little "Administrator Burn"
Conversely, the spread of ZBSD to institutional administration may simplify and streamline policy
making resulting in dramatic improvements in administrative responsiveness and service delivery;
Last_Jedi_Standing

Post by Last_Jedi_Standing »

I live in a flood plain, so my house is essentially on stilts. The lowest floor is more than 15 feet above ground level, and the stairs up to it are wood. In the event of a zombocalypse, I would immediately burn down the stairs, and then stand above the zombies and laugh at them trying to climb up. In terms of weaponry, in my house I have various knives and things (including a weird punching knife), an ax, a machete, and some sort of really sharp hook on a pole that I found in the attic. I have no idea what it's supposed to be for, but that thing would be really dangerous in the wrong hands. And I have a pressure washer. That would go through a zombie like a knife through butter. My uncle collects guns, so if the zombocalypse wasn't too sudden he could come and help us defend the house. He has multiple .22 rifles, a 12-guage shotgun, an AR-15, various pistols, and a bunch of boxes of explosives that technically aren't illegal in this state. I don't have much canned food, though. I think I could hold off the zombies indefinitely, but I would starve fairly quickly.
DO-RO'IK VONG PRATTE!
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

I have boy scout survival training and some other training from a mountain camp where they actually teach you to survive in the wilderness with only a few renewable/non-consumable supplies, so I've got a pack ready to go at all times with which I can survive indefinitely in any part of the state(California) except the desert. I'm also training for a marathon at the moment. I've got two very sharp swords and a crossbow(silent and works wonders and you can make the ammo yourself so you never run out). There a mountain about 60 miles from my house that I can get to in a day or two that has plenty of wildlife around the timber line(zombies would most likely be repelled by the cold). I've also done a two week survival trip on that mountain so I know the area and the good food spots. Didn't even have to dip into the backup food I brought with me :)
There's also a very large and sparsely populated(less than 40 families. Workers come in from another town miles away) farming area at the base of this mountain, so it wouldn't be difficult to have an outpost there to farm and procure food to extend the lifespan of all the wildlife I(plus any survivors that join me) would need in the winter until stores are built up.
No firearms for me, just because I wouldn't want to alert every zombie within a few miles to my presence. The crossbow has many advantages, as I said above.
I also spent a couple of years when I was younger on my grandparents farm, so lack of knowledge wouldn't be a problem on the farms.

And most of this is because of my phobia of zombies, which will most likely freeze me up if this happens and get me killed -.-
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?