BTW: unpardonable sin(s)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Elevatator

Re: BTW: unpardonable sin(s)

Post by Elevatator »

When I started this mod, I tried to power a saw with redstone.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Elevatator wrote:When I started this mod, I tried to power a saw with redstone.
Ouch. You're a big man for being able to admit that :)
ada221

Post by ada221 »

i dont think this is too bad:

for stoking my bellows i have never used the redstone torch on a block on a turntable. i always used regular clocks and repeater clocks and hybrid clocks(combining the 2 aforementioned)

also, my first test of the "redneck fishing" was in a 1x1x1 pool of water...(i think thats more pathetic rather than a sin...)
-I stopped playing Minecraft a long time ago; BTW is its own game to me

-even after these forums are gone, as long as I have the files, I will continue to play Better than Wolves
Noshery

Post by Noshery »

Sometimes I run around my world slaying monsters and pretend that I am Battosay
Ceunon

Post by Ceunon »

Noshery wrote:Sometimes I run around my world slaying monsters and pretend that I am Battosay
That kinda reminds me of those weird random phrases you see around the internet (I've seen a lot of those on youtube lately).

On topic:
Uh...probably not the worst I've done, but the only one I can remember now: Sometimes, when FC nerfs a feature on an update, I wait a few days to stock up on resources before updating my game. NOT ENOUGH ENCHANTED MATTOCKS!
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Noshery wrote:Sometimes I run around my world slaying monsters and pretend that I am Battosay
Pfft. We all do that. C'mon. Give us a REAL sin.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

But... you pretend you are Battosay, the manga character, or the Battosay here in the forum?
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Noshery

Post by Noshery »

Ulfengaard wrote:
Pfft. We all do that. C'mon. Give us a REAL sin.
Thinking....

I fed one of my dogs a wolfchop, sending the whole herd into a frenzy [about 54 dogs]
they managed to murder all of my animals which were in open containers.
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

My sins:

The first: I use outside tools to find biomes, nether fortresses, strongholds, and slime chunks.

The second: I have a creative world known as "cheaty test" which I used to scout the nether in order to reach the nether fortresses I found and scout them out. (Although In my defense, I did it because I had to go through three fortresses before I found one with netherwart)

The third: I (used to) spelunk on peaceful due to not being able to handle the stress of worrying about mobs.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

I... I... I used to use TMI to start me off with a stack of 64 logs :,(
Collecting wood is boring, dammit! :p
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

If you think collecting wood is boring, just use the treecapitator mod. It's a bit overpowered(according to battosay), but does the job just fine.

On another note, I really like how much traction this topic has gained. It's kinda fun tbh.

I got another one guys. Even though I have plenty of resources to make more, I am using only one hibachi to do all of my stoked fire needs.(kiln, crucible, and stewing pot) I merely exchange the base block as needed. I really am pathetic.

Also, Himura Kenshin = Battosay. Battosay = the voice of BTW. So logic must dictate that Himura Kenshin is French!!!!
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

BinoAl wrote:I... I... I used to use TMI to start me off with a stack of 64 logs :,(
Collecting wood is boring, dammit! :p
Oh God... Its spreading quickly... I said we had to kill him with fire... Now its too late...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

CycloneSP wrote:If you think collecting wood is boring, just use the treecapitator mod. It's a bit overpowered(according to battosay), but does the job just fine.
Don't do that. This forum is for discussion of BTW, and only BTW.
Extreme Boyheat

Post by Extreme Boyheat »

I enjoy cooking hellfire dust too often.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Oh! dang it! Sorry FC, it slipped my mind. My apologies.

fearofshorts

Post by fearofshorts »

I failed to connect any of my buildings, installed somnia and just ran around gathering items and maintaining my 'automated' systems. For several weeks. The worst part was that I had no clear goals for myself- no new building, no further automation, no fixing my stupid semi-automatic wheat farm (dozens and dozens of BDs I had to refill manually). I just... existed. I became so bored of it that I stopped playing MC for a few months.

Then I realised that I was an idiot and actually started doing things right, instead of doing slipshod jobs. So much better to play BTW properly :D
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Extreme Boyheat wrote:I enjoy cooking hellfire dust too often.
And people were worried about the hemp becoming smokable....
Blazara

Post by Blazara »

Does making your bed chamber out of dung blocks and surrounding your bed with gimp suited cows count as a sin?
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Blazara wrote:Does making your bed chamber out of dung blocks and surrounding your bed with gimp suited cows count as a sin?
I dunno, but it sounds very unhealthy.

Link

Post by Link »

I... I passed up a wolf instead of killing it... I know... Im such a terrible person.
Last edited by Link on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild wrote: Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
Shady

Post by Shady »

The first sin: When I first started with the mod, I couldn't figure out how to do anything, so I spawned items in with TMI :( But then I removed it. And built an automated hemp farm.

The second sin: Also, when I first started, I was terrible with redstone, so I used Redpower Logic (Remember, this was back before Forge and overpowered-ness with Redpower...it still felt cheaty, though.)
FlowerChild wrote: Maybe the looting organ happens to fly right in his face as his battle-axe cleaves a villager in two, and causes him to scream "Eureka!".
Heilkaiba

Post by Heilkaiba »

1: I once lost 4 stacks of SFS ingots in a creeper explosion and I spawned them back in.
2: I used cartographer to find my first dungeon for mossy stone production.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

This... this... this is my latest sin...
Spoiler
Show
So... s-so, so many villagers....

Here's the story: I had just finished my 'villager motel' (as seen in the picture) and had shortly after, constructed a small vine collector cuz I wanted to start working on mob traps. And in a desire to get plenty of vines, the opportunist that I am left the game running overnight.... oh the folly. See, the design of my motel is to infinitely spawn villagers. And as long as I am playing the game, that shouldn't be a problem as I can routinely come by and thin them out as needed... but going afk... is a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea with an infinite villager spawn.

I have reached over lvl 100, used those lvls in enchanting and I -still- am only getting 1 fps. So many, soooo so many.

haphazardnuke

Post by haphazardnuke »

CycloneSP wrote: I have reached over lvl 100, used those lvls in enchanting and I -still- am only getting 1 fps. So many, soooo so many.
Sin? Sin? I'm no expert, but that doesn't seem like a sin to me. That is a complete Win.
The only thing you could do to make it even more awesome would be gathering all the villagers together for a mosh pit / splash potion of hurt party.
As is, though, that's a really cool build.
PizzaSHARK wrote:It's fun trying to quietly assassinate your kids and family members
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Oh no, this is not a good thing, not at all.

See under normal conditions it -would- be very good. Harvest exp from the hapless villagers. But this... this is a Frankenstein-esque nightmare. I have so many villagers that if I was playing on a lesser computer the game itself would crash. As it is, my fps wavers between 1 and 0. I can't kill them all because I have burnt threw 5 iron swords, most of my SFS sword and 18 splash potions of instant harm II. I fully regret having done this monstrosity. (well, I at least regret allowing it to run all night without thinking about the implications of doing so.)

as of this moment, playing in my world is pure torture. Torture of the cruelest making.