Panda and Raust's Adventure Tools BTW Addon! WIP (Revive me)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
RaustBlackDragon

Re: Panda and Raust's BTW Addon Rough Draft.

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Panda wrote:Wow i love all of you for getting the Gurren Lagann drill, you guys rock!
Im waiting to hear something from a certian Raust about his progres coding. : ) Put a bug in his ear about our mod :D
Hoping to get to it this weekend when I put BTW in my coding environment to update my own add-on.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Panda wrote:...even you, pun intended...
+1 for the reference
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Panda

Post by Panda »

also since this is far enough along in development would a mod please move this to the add ons and TP section? : )
And Raust, thank you very much for your hard work, i very much appreciate it and can think of no one else Ide rather work with. *bows* =]
Never say no to Panda.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Also raust today well i was using my secret door, ive came to the conclusion im tired of placing a torch on it to activate it, not to mention all the times i just need redstone for just a sec and dont have a button or lever handy. I think these are situations you should be able to work around more easily as you progress in the tech tree. So i thought and thought. The Tinker Sword. A sword equal in power the the refined sword (uses it in the recipe) made with redstone eyes and ender pearls, acts as a normal sword until you right click, when you do it puts a redstone current through the block it is used on, and when you release the right mouse button the current stops, i don't want it to be like a wrench or something cause i want it to be more than a 1 trick tool, so sword function included.
Never say no to Panda.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Panda wrote:Also raust today well i was using my secret door, ive came to the conclusion im tired of placing a torch on it to activate it, not to mention all the times i just need redstone for just a sec and dont have a button or lever handy. I think these are situations you should be able to work around more easily as you progress in the tech tree. So i thought and thought. The Tinker Sword. A sword equal in power the the refined sword (uses it in the recipe) made with redstone eyes and ender pearls, acts as a normal sword until you right click, when you do it puts a redstone current through the block it is used on, and when you release the right mouse button the current stops, i don't want it to be like a wrench or something cause i want it to be more than a 1 trick tool, so sword function included.
It would be nice, but maybe hard to balance. Maybe it should do slightly less damage or something?
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Panda

Post by Panda »

Rianaru wrote:
Panda wrote:Also raust today well i was using my secret door, ive came to the conclusion im tired of placing a torch on it to activate it, not to mention all the times i just need redstone for just a sec and dont have a button or lever handy. I think these are situations you should be able to work around more easily as you progress in the tech tree. So i thought and thought. The Tinker Sword. A sword equal in power the the refined sword (uses it in the recipe) made with redstone eyes and ender pearls, acts as a normal sword until you right click, when you do it puts a redstone current through the block it is used on, and when you release the right mouse button the current stops, i don't want it to be like a wrench or something cause i want it to be more than a 1 trick tool, so sword function included.
It would be nice, but maybe hard to balance. Maybe it should do slightly less damage or something?
Balance? In terms of balance the refined sword is usless with the battle axe in the picture, with this you now have a reason to craft one. Im simply giving new life to a forgotten tool by giving it more functionality. No need to nerf damage on it. : )
Never say no to Panda.
RaustBlackDragon

Panda wrote: Balance? In terms of balance the refined sword is usless with the battle axe in the picture, with this you now have a reason to craft one. Im simply giving new life to a forgotten tool by giving it more functionality. No need to nerf damage on it. : )
Panda, I'm sorry, but I'm beginning to reconsider on this...

I already have several mods to take care of, and I was under the impression that this would be a small project with just the items you mentioned. If this is going to get any larger, I'm afraid I'd rather not commit to it :(

If you want to make this a reality though, I highly recommend getting into modding yourself, because it's a ton of fun. I'd be happy to help you out and give you advice in that case.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Panda

Post by Panda »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:
Panda wrote: Balance? In terms of balance the refined sword is usless with the battle axe in the picture, with this you now have a reason to craft one. Im simply giving new life to a forgotten tool by giving it more functionality. No need to nerf damage on it. : )

I already have several mods to take care of, and I was under the impression that this would be a small project with just the items you mentioned. If this is going to get any larger, I'm afraid I'd rather not commit to it :(

If you want to make this a reality though, I highly recommend getting into modding yourself, because it's a ton of fun. I'd be happy to help you out and give you advice in that case.
mhh you are right, excitement is getting the better of me. Would you be willing to commit to the Windzooka, and gold shooter idea? (no drill or cake sword)
Never say no to Panda.
RaustBlackDragon

Panda wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote:

mhh you are right, excitement is getting the better of me. Would you be willing to commit to the Windzooka, and gold shooter idea? (no drill or cake sword)
The four you've already put forward I can do, I just don't want to disappoint you if you're hoping on this becoming much larger than those.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Panda

Post by Panda »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:
Panda wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote:

The four you've already put forward I can do, I just don't want to disappoint you if you're hoping on this becoming much larger than those.
Sure ide be more than happy with the 4. : )
hey i did think of a much simpler idea for the drill though would you like to hear it?
Never say no to Panda.
RaustBlackDragon

Lay it on me :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Panda

Post by Panda »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:Lay it on me :)
*Panda lays on raust*
Soooo... instead of having it double jump and propell you forwards and that silly stuff, could we make it like a really efficient pick (alittle faster thon refined pickaxe) That is capable of converting stone > stone brick > ornate stone brick with a right click. so when you hollow a room out underground you dont have to knock out the wall only to replace it with stone brick manually, instead you can carv it out with this. when its ornate stone it cannot be converted aby farther with the giga drill.
Also its a way to aquire ornate stone. : )
Never say no to Panda.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Now we just need a machine to automate the "ornate stone" process.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Panda

Post by Panda »

Elevatator wrote:Now we just need a machine to automate the "ornate stone" process.
nahh, Flower makes the blocks around here. : ) Ornate stone is a treat that should requir manual work.
Never say no to Panda.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Possibly rename the giga drill to the core drill? Slightly more canon if I remember my Gurren Lagann ;)

A short while later:

Panda

Post by Panda »

Rianaru wrote:Possibly rename the giga drill to the core drill? Slightly more canon if I remember my Gurren Lagann ;)
Nope : p Its gurren inspired not gurren cannon.
Never say no to Panda.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

My inner nerd is disappoint :/

A short while later:

Panda

Post by Panda »

Rianaru wrote:My inner nerd is disappoint :/
My inner nerd is a sexually exuberant asian lesbian. : ) or maybe that's my outer nerd. : )
Never say no to Panda.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Minecraft is saturated with 'more efficient picks than x' mods. Would it be possible to do something more along the lines of an auto-run while activated that mined out blocks adjacent to the one you're mining, leaving you with a 3x3 cross shaped tunnel and a serious potential for a lava bath or long fall while mining?

It would give you a nice shelf on either side of the main tunnel for torches or mining charges. Something that would be quite useful as a BTW mechanic rather than a replacment for a mattock.
Better is the enemy of Good
Panda

Post by Panda »

Just played with the Windzooka and it is funn :D
Never say no to Panda.
RaustBlackDragon

Re: Panda and Raust's Adventure Tools BTW Addon. (Released!)

heh, quick trivia:

The golden hellfire rounds actually do MAGIC damage, completely bypassing armor. That MIGHT be a tad overpowered once multiplayer rolls around, whaddya think?
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Panda

Post by Panda »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:heh, quick trivia:

The golden hellfire rounds actually do MAGIC damage, completely bypassing armor. That MIGHT be a tad overpowered once multiplayer rolls around, whaddya think?
Well we could either nerf that or increase bullet cost?
Never say no to Panda.
RaustBlackDragon

Panda wrote:

Actually it all depends on whether or not the protection enchantment defends against magic damage. That can be tested via potions of harm. Anybody willing to give it a shot?
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Panda

Post by Panda »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:
Panda wrote:

Actually it all depends on whether or not the protection enchantment defends against magic damage. That can be tested via potions of harm. Anybody willing to give it a shot?
Haha we have to do alittle balancing but i can try it myself. : )
Never say no to Panda.
RaustBlackDragon

Hey panda, just looked at that bug list on the OP.

I noticed the zooka jump bug as well, I think it might have something to do with the code I added in for fall cushioning, I'll look into it :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?