Base-4 with a BD

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
simanick

Re: Base-4 with a BD

Post by simanick »

morvelaira wrote:I sit in awe, guys. Pure, unadulterated awe. And I feel like such a noob lol
na from what i have seen of your lets play you are not as bad at redstone as you think. just mess around and something will fall out is how i thing of redstone
simanick

Post by simanick »

Six wrote:Haha, cow in the minecart is an awesome addition, but using something from the signal in the next expected item in the BD is kind of cheating. I'd say it should work no mater what order things are. Maybe you could fit a BB in which pulses with each change, and resets any pulsed outputs?
but lazy physicists is lazy and yes i am kind of cheating with this.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

I honestly am very awake right now because I can't shut my brain off I have for some btw redstone designs at the moment. Can't fully wrap my head around it, so I'm desperately trying to break it into the smaller pieces I can comprehend.

But! I'll stop interrupting this game with off topic adulations. *scampers off*
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

simanick wrote: but lazy physicists is lazy and yes i am kind of cheating with this.
I think you seriously need to invest in an RS NOR latch ;)

I do give you bonus points for taking this into the realm of the completely absurd however :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Oh, and I do believe we'll have to follow this topic up with another one where we try to create a practical machine that actually uses all these states ;)
simanick

Post by simanick »

FlowerChild wrote:
simanick wrote: but lazy physicists is lazy and yes i am kind of cheating with this.
I think you seriously need to invest in an RS NOR latch ;)

I do give you bonus points for taking this into the realm of the completely absurd however :)
with the hibachi i think i just might have every system in the game as long as i keep minecarts; so thats my new goal.
simanick

Post by simanick »

btw the last fix i did doesnt work im stupid extended piston trigger block detectors...

also i think im done for tonight.

and yes FC need to make this practical some how. I think i found the new core of my world :)
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

Wouldn't be easy to use more than one BD? This is the setup I made:
first state
Show
second state
Show
third state
Show
And this could be easyly expanded up to base 16, using 16 BD and puting inside 15 whoolslabs and 1 whool block
Six

Post by Six »

Niyu wrote:Wouldn't be easy to use more than one BD?
Yeah, but the whole fun of it was to see how many unique states you could get from one BD.
Heilkaiba

Post by Heilkaiba »

Niyu wrote:And this could be easyly expanded up to base 16, using 16 BD and puting inside 15 whoolslabs and 1 whool block
You would only need 4 BDs for Base 16 (2^4=16). Each BD is effectively a binary digit with just slabs and blocks.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Damn, I missed all the fun :p
Some good discoveries, well done :)
Pistons, BB or DB were not really new, but I never thought of the Light block for the lens. Clever :)
You went much further than I ever did :p
FlowerChild wrote:Actually...Batto, doesn't it makes sense to get rid of the block you have over on the left, and instead use the torch signal for the verical?

That will solve isolating the left and right signals when you place the redstone dust, no?
Eheh, hence the "I ended up using something different" ;)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Holly shit, I know how to go even higher !
We could get up to 3 times more different output, just by using a turntable bellow the BD !
Now that's gonna be a challenge to output so many signal in such a small area :D
simanick

Post by simanick »

Battosay wrote:Holly shit, I know how to go even higher !
We could get up to 3 times more different output, just by using a turntable bellow the BD !
Now that's gonna be a challenge to output so many signal in such a small area :D
the problem i see with its is rather then the BD and object holding the info the turntable is holding info as well so much its much like adding another BD, yes we have more ouput but not really more unique outputs.

then again just prove me wrong with the turntable holding info and make it into more diagnostics some how
simanick

Post by simanick »

then again i really cant be a purest given the shity minecart thing i made last night...

i think im going try again in a much more elegant solution to this whole thing, but that will have to wait.
simanick

Post by simanick »

8 unique ouputs with isolated signal... and yeah have no clue how to get the 9th isolated
Six

Post by Six »

While falling asleep last night I thought of another property we're not using yet, non-conducting blocks that let light through vs ones that don't. Could be used with a second light level detector.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Six wrote:While falling asleep last night I thought of another property we're not using yet, non-conducting blocks that let light through vs ones that don't. Could be used with a second light level detector.
There are non-opaque blocks that block light?
Better is the enemy of Good
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

DaveYanakov wrote: There are non-opaque blocks that block light?
Slabs.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Y'know.

I'm just going to stick with having one BD per required state. It's smaller, simpler, less prone to mistakes, and so much easier to fix bugs in the circuitry.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Stormweaver wrote:It's smaller
Nope ;)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Battosay wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:It's smaller
Nope ;)
Things don't get much smaller than in-line wiring batto :p
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

Stormweaver wrote:It's simpler, less prone to mistakes, and so much easier to fix bugs in the circuitry.
Yep. :)
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
simanick

Post by simanick »

Six wrote:While falling asleep last night I thought of another property we're not using yet, non-conducting blocks that let light through vs ones that don't. Could be used with a second light level detector.
the problem here is I'm running out of space in which we can test characteristics related to blocks long before I'm ruining out of things to test for.

as it stands of the 6 faces:
-up is just a block and detects power supply blocks like redstone torches(1 block)
-down is lens detects light emitters of 12 or higher(not right now(7.5 now))(1 block)
-straight is 3 detectors(3 blocks detected)
-one cheeks directed power (this gets 2 blocks with my set up)
-two is push detector (sees piston)
-one the also has a low-pass high-pass filter on it splitting repeaters for BB
-left is a wire detector (1 block)
-Right is a block detector (all blocks but one so not right is 1 "block" detection) right and left are mildly co-dependant

which leaves 7 detectable blocks an 1 undetectable or base 8

if anyone can combine any of the 1 block faces into each other we can get more but they are really the limiting factor
Six

Post by Six »

simanick wrote: the problem here is I'm running out of space in which we can test characteristics related to blocks long before I'm ruining out of things to test for.
I've started thinking about actually swapping out the blocks around the BD, but it almost feels cheaty or at least on a different line of exploration. I think I could add a BD into mine which spits a wire to power a possible repeater, and if that repeater signal isn't detected when it would arrive, suck it back up. But I've not sat down to experiment with this yet, so not entirely sure it would work.
simanick

Post by simanick »

I broke 10 :)Image
stickly pistons are magic but need the AB BA as input now (A is BD,B is Stickly pistons)
Spoiler
Show
side view
Spoiler
Show
top view

things are vary hard to make out now and even harder to explain, i hope it makes sences

i think we can get 11 easy be rearrangement to see hibachi but seeing half slabs is kind really hard with this set up.