Let's Mod Minecraft!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
nmarshall23

Re: Let's Mod Minecraft!

Post by nmarshall23 »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:This session was probably one of the more boring sessions I've recorded, but the ending is pretty fun :)
If I may make a few suggestions..

For each session of play, have a goal. Something that makes this a distinct unit of play.

Then start recording, talk about what you are doing etc..
Don't worry if what you are doing is interesting, or worthy of saving. You never know when something neat will happen, it's better to be recording and have it. You can always throw out, the boring bits.

Save your commentary track and Minecraft's audio should be separate channels, you will mix them back together latter.

Then wait a day, or so take a look at what you have. Find short segments that show something, shoot for a 10 or 20 min video once your have chosen the most interesting segments.

Most likely you will have to record some more audio.

This is close process my podcasting buddies use. Sure it's more work, however the end result will be that much more awesome.

I also like this because it forces you to focus your play, while not getting in the way, of gameplay. ie you just cut out the boring parts.

Anyhow, just a few suggestions. feel free to ignore them.

I am enjoying your "Let's Play", thanks for showing off BTW and your mods. You sold me on several of them.
Also, I will be passing on your video's to my mom. Yes, she's 60 and plays minecraft.
You video will show her why she needs to build a little bit of automation, and how to build it.
Please continue, showing off the neat things that BTW's enables players to make.
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

nmarshall23 wrote:my mom. Yes, she's 60 and plays minecraft.
Awesome mom is awesome.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Oh dear. Is it true that the latest release really gets in the way of optifine? I'm quite scared by that prospect...
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Vail

Post by Vail »

Looks like you'll be safe. :)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4335&start=75#p70610
RaustBlackDragon

alright, I've managed to get everything working :)

This weekend, my focus is going to be ascending the BTW tech tree, getting some steel, and building my house!

In other news, I'd say that I've landed myself the single worst nether spawn in history, but I'm well aware that the capacity for bad nether spawns is truly gargantuan. It's certainly the worst I've encountered though.

Hopefully I'll be able to muster some of my rarely-present home decoration skills to make a nice abode for my pets and myself :)

I may need to expand the boundaries of my yard even further :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
RaustBlackDragon

Sorry for the lack of videos these past two weekends, just wanted to post here to say that the series is not dead. I'm still doing it, I've just been doing a bunch of stuff off-camera that I didn't think would be quite that interesting to watch.

I've been gathering a lot of soulforged steel using an atrocious triple-barreled kiln slash crucible slash stoked stewing pot hybrid (since I lack the resources and willpower to automate the process - no mossy cobble yet).

And the leftover hellfire dust from the soul urns? I've been making it into blocks to make into a sinisterly delicious red carpet :)

I'm gonna have myself a fancy castle with chandeliers, braziers, the works, it's just required a lot of resource grinding, so hopefully I'll be able to actually get some interesting stuff recorded next weekend.

Oh, and another thing, which I'm going to add to the OP: Please don't mention my mods on this thread, I'm not going to discuss them on this forum anymore, it's in bad taste.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
RaustBlackDragon

Actually, since this isn't a pure BTW LP, I'm not so sure if I should use this thread at all. And since my mods are all used in the LP, discussion of the LP without mentioning those mods is a bit awkward and hard to follow.

If any admins/moderators are reading this, I'd appreciate your thoughts on what should be done with this thread.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Lukure

Post by Lukure »

Subbed and thumbs up!
I am enjoying your LP, and have added o couple of the mods you use because of it!
Question about simply horse and sparrow, any issues? Simply horses wants to write/overwrite SimplyID.class and SparrowAPI.class.(I use McPatcher)
I do not want to mess up Doggy Talents so haven't added it but it looks very fun - not to mention the added horse stampede's!
I did have a compatibility issue with newest better dungeon release 0.94 and BtW (block 294 i think it was) so I am using 0.925 and so far so good!!
RaustBlackDragon

Lukure wrote:Subbed and thumbs up!
I am enjoying your LP, and have added o couple of the mods you use because of it!
Question about simply horse and sparrow, any issues? Simply horses wants to write/overwrite SimplyID.class and SparrowAPI.class.(I use McPatcher)
I do not want to mess up Doggy Talents so haven't added it but it looks very fun - not to mention the added horse stampede's!
I did have a compatibility issue with newest better dungeon release 0.94 and BtW (block 294 i think it was) so I am using 0.925 and so far so good!!

Thank you for your feedback, but I would appreciate it if this were moved to either private messages or the MCF mod threads, as this is not the place to talk about mods that are unrelated to BTW :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?