Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
FaceFoiled

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by FaceFoiled »

Actually, strike all that. Can't be bothered reverting it. Let me know which plugins are down so I can try and get them back up and running soon again, and I'll update the remaining ones to improved/new versions soon™. Staying at 1.2.4.
--
Original Message
Show
It seems that the latest Recommended build (bukkit) has been pushed out, and has also been automatically applied to the server. \o/ <- sarcasm.

I'll look into plugins updates in the comming days, but for now I intend to revert it back to 1.2.3 when I get home tonight.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

It's still 1.2.3 btw... that was just a troll attempt by Bukkit/Clanforge (multiplays rcon GUI). :P

I was playing quite a bit in Wgurgh's arena last night with Cows. Playing archer matches, had a lot of fun!! We made 2 infinite arrow bows as well, and placed them in either side's bow chest, just to make it a bit easier. :P Loving the progress man, the little ruins and towers are damn epic, can see some really cool team battles coming soon! :) Oh and the spectator area <3 <
3!!!
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

Wait? I thought it was FaceFoiled trolling all of us, in fact was so sure of it I refused to update and tried to log in just in case. Since it worked I figured I would go with it.

Glad you are enjoying the arena too, still lots I want to do with it, but wrestling with some design decisions still. I don't intend to leave it so you need to climb a ladder to the stands for one thing. So far haven't had any team matches ( a few free-for-alls) but I think a 'bow & blade) 2v2 would be fun. That is, one person on the team gets a sword, the other a bow & arrows.

Oh, and to repeat, I think I am much better at building an arena than fighting in it. I think all the kills I have had so far have been due to lag or the player being almost dead. Dark_Tundra beat me unarmed when I had all weapons and full iron armour. I think I should make the judge's tower comfortable, since it seems like the best place for me...

Edit: Um, I agree it was a bit too much cobblestone, but I needed half-slabs to keep mobs from spawning in there... last I checked, dirt doesn't come in half-slabs...
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Yeah I can change the dirt back easily again, but wanted to have it switched to something more distinct for a bit while I was fighting with Cows, got a bit crazy in the head with so much cobble ^_^. I'll switch it back again tonight :P
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Although I don't think anybody actually uses it :P, I thought I'd let you know anyway. The mumble server will go down shortly for a few minutes whilst they are replacing a switch;
Multiplay info wrote:We have identified an issue with one of our access switches in London. Whilst we believe this issue is not directly service impacting, we have taken the preventative choice to replace this on the date/time shown below.

Date: Thursday 05th April 2012
Time: 09:00am - 12:00pm BST (midday)

Unfortunately replacing this switch will briefly affect your Mumble service on mumble1-uk for 60 - 120 seconds whilst we swap over switch cables and hardware.
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

Hey man, didn't want to sound like I was complaining, was just explaining why I used cobble. I will say I think it looked a lot better with dirt, just that it messed up a few things. Like made some of the 'doors' unusable and let mobs spawn.

Anyhow, not really needed to change it back, after seeing how it looked I think I am going to experiment a bit with other things for the floor of the arena and dirt will be easier to take out than cobble half slabs.

Also, a warning to anyone checking out the arena until I get it fixed. Mobs WILL spawn inside now and the south locker room was the site of a creeper explosion, so some things are missing (like part of the floor)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

AH crap man, did not think of the creepers :(. Cows was going on about sand, "an arena should have sand!" - now that would not solve the spawn problem, but what about sandstone slabs? Hmmm! :)

I shall have a think about it all, I did not realize I actually broke some mechanics with the change to dirt, sorry about that. :)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Yos!

I've been quiet for a while, as I've been rather busy for a while :P. All is calming down again now though, and I intend to update the server to the most up to date bukkit-version at the time - on Thursday 19/04.
M!C

Post by M!C »

FaceFoiled wrote:Yos!

I've been quiet for a while, as I've been rather busy for a while :P. All is calming down again now though, and I intend to update the server to the most up to date bukkit-version at the time - on Thursday 19/04.
Nice to see you're back. :)

Edolas has been very quiet recently.

I guess Edolas being at the same version as the most recent BTW version is a good incentive for short visits without switching jar's etc.
or at least I hope it is. ;)
Last edited by M!C on Sat May 05, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Requesting a membership.
Minecraft Name = MagikEh
Dunno what else i should post but i am a bit of a hermit... other than that, Thanks a lot!! ^_^/
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

magikeh wrote:Requesting a membership.
Minecraft Name = MagikEh
Dunno what else i should post but i am a bit of a hermit... other than that, Thanks a lot!! ^_^/
Whitelisted, welcome :)
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

I apologize for my recent absence on Edolas. Running 2 different jars is a pain in the ass :P
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Syruse wrote:-snip- Running 2 different jars is a pain in the ass :P
May i suggest the Minecraft Profile Manager?
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: DONT
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

I don't have any problems with running two jars (more like 5 or 6 actually) but have been a bit busy lately, and hasn't been many people on either... Of course, when I HAVE logged in I usually find others pop in as well...

Anyhow, did think it would be a wise choice to make my half stack of steel blocks in my BTW world, which mostly involved me having to mine for the iron! I swear this world has to be about the most iron poor I have ever seen. Anyhow, that being done now I hope to find some time before long to get back to work on the arena.

Arena update: Should be anti spawn now, but south locker room still needs a few lockers replaced as well as half the weapon chest (and signs)
M!C has an idea for making dark battles possible even in daytime, so hope to be working on that soon, and still have a lot of work to do on the outer shell of the building. (A better way to the stands than a ladder missing some pieces might be nice)
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Tried getting on today but I don't even know what the server is running anymore, I got kicked for having the wrong jar.

I will try again sometime in the future but my schedule is so fucked up I can't even tell anyone when that will be. I will get on, I miss playing with you all, in the event that I am that infrequent, destroy the lockettes in the main world at my base and split the bounty between WG and Abyss please. Even if I get on after that, which I'm sure I shall, I'd be happy to know I supported those two asshats.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Full backup and update done, online again - running 1.2.5. :)

If any plugins are not working, let me know - some however were not updated yet.
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

So how does Thursday sound for everyone ... I'll have to paint part of the day because it is my only day off but I miss a bunch of people, wandered the server a bit but no one on, would like to talk with some of ya and maybe do some rounds in WG's arena?
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Thursdays is good for me, weekend starts on Thursday for me. =)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Original post (first post, first page) has been updated as Dynamic Map is active again. Please know that only the FLAT view is up for Edolas and its Nether/The end to reduce the server stress the DynMap causes (even when rendering the main world the it took up too much CPU usage for too long and forced a restart :P). Chat is active, so we can stalk each other again. I can add markers to locations on request as well. =)

So, link on first page - old links you might have won't work due to IP changes in the past. =)
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Hello this is a general statment to all on FF's server {the name of which I can not spell so I will not try to avoid epic failures} I can access the dyna map from my PS3 sadly though I can not say anything as hitting enter when I am in the chat bar simply exits the chat bar. (This is a problem simply with how PS3 systems work when using their internet browsers. It is not a problem with the server.) Any how This means that I will be lurking, and watching you play at times as well as trying to keep up on what happens in the chat. As I can read the chat just I can't talk.
I simply wanted to give this info to the players. Well there really is no real reason just thought you all might want to know that I will be stalking you ;) JK
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I might be able to help with that, I may be able to add a "send" button to send the text, would that help?
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Actually FF if you did that I am almost certain it would work. I would be very greatfull if you could do so for me :D
Untill then I will simply continue stalking you guys in steath mode. :D
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Prof_Ion wrote:Actually FF if you did that I am almost certain it would work. I would be very greatfull if you could do so for me :D
Done! :)
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

FaceFoiled wrote:
Prof_Ion wrote:Actually FF if you did that I am almost certain it would work. I would be very greatfull if you could do so for me :D
Done! :)
awesome thanks a bunch! I really appreciate it! :D
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Seems that the send button working better now as i was being stalked by a 'non-mysterious' person... he knows where i live!! D:
Magical Shit
Show