What kind of music do YOU like?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
shoegun56

What kind of music do YOU like?

Post by shoegun56 »

Hey guys! I just got curious about what kind of music everyone here like :D.
Personally I'm a big fan of Coldplay and Saga (Yeah, there's many bands called Saga, but I mean the Saga on the 70's top lists =P,) and I wanted to know what you're interested in =).
Cheese. A green one. Yum.
BinoAl

Re: What kind of music do YOU like?

Post by BinoAl »

Chiptunes <3
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

Heavy metal and classical. My current favourite bands are Melechesh and Ordo Draconis, my favourite composers Hindemith and Novák. I have also been listening alot of Creedence Clearwater Revivale lately.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Sandrew wrote:I have also been listening alot of Creedence Clearwater Revivale lately.
Ahh damn, I haven't listened to CCR in forever... :) To youtube!!
Last edited by BinoAl on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Jazz electronica Fusion, with some swedish Gangsta swing and the occasional slice of Cake. Also anything about mad science.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Video game music is awesome, as well as power metal, especially the sort of stuff Nightwish does.

I also love music that defies the instruments it uses, doing amazing stuff with instruments traditionally viewed as incapable of it. VVVVVV's music WOULD be a good example, but chiptune/8bit's capabilities have already been reasonably demonstrated over the years. So instead, I'll show you the Mardek series boss music. I can't believe what this one guy does with the stock midi instruments. The ones used whenever you play a midi file in your browser. THOSE instruments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0zs0mQPT5o
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Metal, Ska, Punk.
The Music I listen at work usually ;)
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

I only really love Video Game Soundtracks. I am spoiled.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
kaspermwh

Post by kaspermwh »

I'm listening a lot to Dream Theater lately :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpfp0vV8VEc
Octavarium is my favorite track at the moment.

Genre wise i enjoy Old School Rock and Melodic Metal? :)

And when i'm in certain moods, reggae and dubstep appeal to me.. Though it's kind of hard to find good quality dubstep.

EDIT: Youtube links can't be embedded?
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

I'm like itamarcu, most of the music i listen to comes from video games.

And, kasper - they don't autoembed, you have to put the video code (the part after /watch?v= and before any ampersands) into youtube tags.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

I don't really listen to music all that much anymore. When I do, I tend to devolve into my high-school self, so mostly a lot of hard rock, alternative, and metal.

Granted, the only songs I've listened to in the last few months has been from the RHPS soundtrack.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Everything and anything from big band to noise rock and hardcore techno, with a special love for glam rock and funk.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Sajuuk

Post by Sajuuk »

I like to listen to anything technical, skillful, or beautifully complicated. There are some sentimental tunes I remember from being young but I know they're not good music. I suppose that's just it, good music. Push the wall back. The common banality of any genre of pop music has no effect on me. I feel like a mental deficient when I'm in the minority among people and I just think most things are boring. In a lot of cases this tendency leads me to jazz and electronic, or even unpredictable funk but there are outliers abound.

I was quite glad FC posted a thing about tool last fall. It was quite a bit of vindication, as Lateralus is a personal anthem of sorts. A funny thing I never mentioned back on that old topic was that particular track's vocals (and perhaps percussion?) move up and down with the golden ratio. A little off topic here but- (1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8) .... (black - and - white are - all I see - in my in.fan.cy - red and yel.low then came to be) It continues through the song and some broken parts suggest missing verses. A little post-easter egg I guess.
[ IGN = Herpingderp ]
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Two Steps from Hell, Nightwish, Sirenia, Enya, Loreena McKennitt, Within Temptation.

Depends on my mood. To Glory by Two Steps is my sort of default Writing/TF2 music. The complexity of the piece really appeals to my ear.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

I like most bass music but I don't listen to much else. My favourite artist at the moment is probably Ephixa.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

Avril lavigne, the veronicas, enya, basshunter, the portal soundtrack, nox arcana, transsiberian orchestra, most 70's and 80's music, iron maiden, nightcore, phantom of the opera, gym class heroes.

everything except most opera and jazz. I hate jazz. also, I hat justin bieber, and most rappers except for eminem.
And HOW!
shoegun56

Post by shoegun56 »

Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:Avril lavigne, the veronicas, enya, basshunter, the portal soundtrack, nox arcana, transsiberian orchestra, most 70's and 80's music, iron maiden, nightcore, phantom of the opera, gym class heroes.

everything except most opera and jazz. I hate jazz. also, I hat justin bieber, and most rappers except for eminem.
I will agree on that one, except the jazz thing, but not classical jazz, but jazz-blues (I know there is an intelligent word for it, but I don't remeber it :P)
Cheese. A green one. Yum.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Just today I found out about Klaypex, they've got some of the hardest dub out there!
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I know it's cliche but that's the way it is for a reason. I like good music. I can get behind any genre with a talented artist behind it, be it rap, punk, country western, etc. In the end it all has the same core math behind it and if someone can grasp the mechanics, I'll usually be excited to see what sort of spin they put on it.
Better is the enemy of Good
Pseudosavior

Post by Pseudosavior »

I like to think I have a really broad range of music. My range goes from Extreme Metal genres to some Pop songs, to Jazz, etc...

It's mostly due to the fact that I'm putting effort into being a musician myself, applying for Berklee College after two years community college. I've been on concert percussion/keyboard percussion since 10 years, drumset since ~15, guitar ~16, and piano since this year. I've played in all of my school bands, sans marching, but I really enjoy my Jazz Band, which I would've done on drums, but we already had two percussionists, so I opted for piano.

My favorite genres are progressive types;
Progressive Rock:
Pink Floyd, Rush, Porcupine Tree, Styx, King Crimson, Transatlantic... Etc

Progressive Metal:
Dream Theater for sure, Tool, Between the Buried and Me, Animals as Leaders, Cynic, The Human Abstract, Opeth...

But I also love Classic Rock:
The Beatles, ZZ Top, Led Zeppelin, The Who, AC/DC, Eric Clapton, and so on.

I mean, my tastes goes further: love Jazz, especially funk, since it's so much fun to play on drums AND piano; Ragtime has been a favorite for piano pieces; I enjoy classical in situations; ska isn't my favorite, but I still dig it; grunge/90's alternative is possibly one of my favorite eras of music... I'm just sad I was only a small child in those days...
I like electronic music; Indie music; totally love punk and pop-punk (favorite punk band is The Wonder Years, too bad they're not known more); certain pop artists get me going; and hell, old-time country artists are fine too. Rap isn't my forte, really, but there are definitely some hip hop artists I like, as well as some pseudo-rappers who get my respect. Of course, golden-age hip hop is it's own genre, in my opinion higher than newer types.

Still, enough rambling... Basically, I just like music. It's my biggest passion, and if I don't do something with music in my life, I'll live a life of pure regret.

/end_really_deep_post
Sothe Cuslinde

Post by Sothe Cuslinde »

My favorite type of music is anime/videogame battle music, I've always liked the fast paced songs. I loved the music from Legend of the Dragoon with it's variety of different battle music, and I think each boss had a different sound track which was especially nice.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, my musical tastes are all over the place. When I was younger, the only things I wasn't really into were Rap and Jazz, and with time I've broadened into those as well.

I guess now the only thing I don't much care for is house, or dance, or whatever you kids call it nowadays, but even then there are exceptions to that like Crystal Method which I really dig.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

FlowerChild wrote:Crystal Method
Fuck yeah, educate these people!

Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Anything with a good, catchy, and/or memorable beat, and even then I like a lot of songs outside of that.
Last edited by Caboose on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Gilberreke wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:Crystal Method
Fuck yeah, educate these people!
Humm, Animatrix...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.