Good old days of worlds on fire

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Rawny

Good old days of worlds on fire

Post by Rawny »

The search results of 'fire' is too big and broad and seem like the last post with 'propagation' concerning fire is August 8th so I think I've done my research.

Only you, can stop forest fires.

I miss the days where literally playing with fire was also metaphorically playing with fire. I'm not talking about the dumb old days of fire propagating through stone but the good old days where you REALLY had to be careful with fire.

"Ah, see, I built a nice little campfire. Fits nicely with my temporary wool tent shelter, and I counted, its just out of range. Heehee, outsmarted Mojang. See! My tent is not bursting into flames. Why is there more light?" *turns around to see the mutant tree leaves on fire.* Panic ensues trying to stop the world from burning. Now add jungle biomes to that. Man, I remember the panic!

Now its "Meh, I'll lose a tree or two." seems like the propagation chance is too low.

Am I the only one with this thought?
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Good old days of worlds on fire

Post by FlowerChild »

I agree, but unfortunately the problem was in multiplayer. Mass forest fires = massive amounts of data that needed to be sent to the client due to all the block updates involved.

Setting huge forest fires was a pretty standard way of griefing a server as a result, and not only in terms of griefing player structures, but in terms of vandalizing the server itself.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I agree, I would so love to see a jungle go up in flames. I don't really see it fitting in BTW though as its a major vmc change (relatively speaking).

EDIT: Removed mod reference after remembering the rule... hopefully in time.
Xekrom337

Post by Xekrom337 »

i remember burning down vast chunks of forest for giant flat platforms...fire was the demise of my wooden mage tower.
lesson is, DONT MAKE A MAGE TOWER OUT OF WOOD! :P

also, am i going crazy, or is this in the suggestion forum?
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

this is something i miss completely :( it was always really cool to be exploring and find a massive forest fire.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

One time my friend and I had a fire going for almost an hour. The good old days...
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!