What do you do with Sindings, Mouldings and Corners?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Tropa

What do you do with Sindings, Mouldings and Corners?

Post by Tropa »

Thanks to the amazing applications of the Saw, you can make twistable/Turnable sidings, mouldings and corners of Wood or Stone(Anvil)
I know a lot of people that made some neat things with the wood/stone cuts.
I love them, I wish there were more things you could Cut, But it's Flower's mod, not mine.

Anyways, What have you made?
A Drop Of Water Can Cause A Tidalwave.
Itamarcu

Re: What do you do with Sindings, Mouldings and Corners?

Post by Itamarcu »

I use them to cover up my gearboxes and axles.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Tropa

Post by Tropa »

itamarcu wrote:I use them to cover up my gearboxes and axles.
Great idea! :o
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Mostly I use them for the more efficient item recipes. I'm focusing on automating and maximizing steel production currently...although slowly. In the not so near future I'll use it to add aesthetic features to my buildings to break up the montony of straight vertical walls and to neatly hide some of my redstone messes.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Curves and domes. Combined with the upside down stairs, I've gotten some impressively... round things. Heresy, I know.

Furniture. Half wool block base, panels for the back of the chair, and moulding and corners for the arms.

Moulding and corners to add railings to the top of glass panes, iron bars, and the like.

Thinner walls for interior spaces.

Pens for animals. Two wood panels placed in adjacent squares, but facing away from each other leave one block of space, meaning it's possible to alternate half-panel, full space, half panel, full space. A real space saver in barns.

Shelving on walls.

Within certain limits due to being unable to combine corners within a single block, these blocks basically change minecrafts "resolution" down to 1/2 meters instead on 1 meter.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
ialdbaoloth

Post by ialdbaoloth »

I like to use mouldings to hold in water flows, especially to end a trough and let items drop without the water escaping.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

I use them to cover the tops of chests.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

ialdbaoloth wrote:I like to use mouldings to hold in water flows, especially to end a trough and let items drop without the water escaping.
This. I recently thought of it, and now find it very useful.

This is what I would call a "function" of a block, that other people would just call aesthetic and without any function.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:
ialdbaoloth wrote:I like to use mouldings to hold in water flows, especially to end a trough and let items drop without the water escaping.

This is what I would call a "function" of a block, that other people would just call aesthetic and without any function.
Yeah, this. I use the sidings almost exclusively for water flows.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I tend to use them for 'transparent' walls and floors, so I can light things up without any of the light sources being visible. Can look pretty sweet at void-fog level ^.^

Corners make for great furnace fuel though.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Tropa

Post by Tropa »

Stormweaver wrote:I tend to use them for 'transparent' walls and floors, so I can light things up without any of the light sources being visible. Can look pretty sweet at void-fog level ^.^

I wish we could make Glass Sidings and stuff to see whats flowing in the water.
I have some Sidings and moulding water ways near my ceiling and I'm always guessing whats gonna be coming out on the out-put end. ><
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Tropa wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:I tend to use them for 'transparent' walls and floors, so I can light things up without any of the light sources being visible. Can look pretty sweet at void-fog level ^.^

I have some Sidings and moulding water ways near my ceiling and I'm always guessing whats gonna be coming out on the out-put end. ><
It's a planned feature, designed to celebrate the increased block IDs. If that'll still apply post 4.0...we can't know for sure.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote:It's a planned feature, designed to celebrate the increased block IDs. If that'll still apply post 4.0...we can't know for sure.
Yeah, it will. I just need the time to get to it, and of course, those fucking increased block IDs :)
Tropa

Post by Tropa »

Stormweaver wrote:
Tropa wrote:

It's a planned feature, designed to celebrate the increased block IDs. If that'll still apply post 4.0...we can't know for sure.
I Hope we get that feature.
I wonder if we'll be able to cut more things with Saw and or anvil(?)

How would you Cut stone with an anvil? I know for a fact you can cut stone and bricks with a Diamond Saw Blade[ http://www.national-diamond.com/ ] because my dad works with Cutting bricks sometimes. But this is Minecraft, We don't need to be logical.
Last edited by Tropa on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Tropa wrote:Im so happy about that! About time x]
Seriously dude...wtf?

See you in a week.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

For a little bit of context on why the above post was so fill of win (besides the hastily edited-out comment that earned the ban):

From the MCF OP description of the Anvil:
An "advanced crafting table" that allows you to craft advanced mod recipes through the use of a 4X4 crafting grid. It should be noted that the Anvil consists of a work area with various steel-based tools allowing you to precision craft materials in ways not otherwise possible. Also, due to the Soulforged Steel used in its creation, the Anvil is also capable of allowing you to work with various "magical" elements.
So, just like you wouldn't expect to be able to craft whatever you wanted on the block of wood that is the workbench, one assumes that the Anvil also includes steel tools beyond what are visible.

And from the suggestions sub-forum rules:
Some ideas that are so common, they are bound to earn you scorn (and a locked thread) if you repost them:

-Diamond bladed saws.
You started off the thread with a nice little "it's his mod, not mine" comment that already had me raising an eyebrow. Your "about time" in combination with the above was the cherry on the cake.

If you're interested in why additional sub-blocks were not included up until this point instead of just bitching about it, look up a little thing called "Block IDs".
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:

I really agree with you two. It would even be more awesome if the items would be filterable this way ;)
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

They're not *filterable* this way, but it makes an easy way to split item flows
Blazara

Post by Blazara »

I have yet to play with sidings and the like for anything other than high efficiency recipes and smoothing out my walls. As I have yet to play with HCB (I'm too scared) I have had no realistic use to create aqueducts / water flows. Perhaps I should grow some testicles and edit that config file like a real man...
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Battosay wrote:They're not *filterable* this way, but it makes an easy way to split item flows

I meant it would be great if items would vary in size according to the real item size (armor would be bigger, soul urn would be smaller) and this way it would be possible to physically filter things.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I know, I got that.
But you were just dreaming about something, while I was talking about something real, and already effective ;)
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Yeah that is just wishful thinking right there. It would be cool but totally not worth the effort to even consider it.

As for splitting item flows.. I'm not sure how this is achieved thanks to the siding :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

Higher resolution architecture. You can make more interesting structures with trims and the likes. Columns in particular look much better with added sidings/mouldings. I honestly can't wait until sidings for other materials than stone and wood are added, the possibilities for building would be endless.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Don't forget that siding on a turntable rotates. I'm sure this can be put to useful effect.

I wish there was some what to alter which way a turntable rotated, but I understand the programming limitations that prevent that feature.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

TheAnarchitect wrote:Don't forget that siding on a turntable rotates. I'm sure this can be put to useful effect.

I wish there was some what to alter which way a turntable rotated, but I understand the programming limitations that prevent that feature.
Try powering it with redstone ^.^