Saws cut reeds

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
embirrim

Saws cut reeds

Post by embirrim »

Basically, to aid in the making of mining charges, reeds cut by a saw should drop 1 piece of paper.
Stormweaver

Re: Saws cut reeds

Post by Stormweaver »

This makes absolutely no sense.

I'll admit that vMC method of making paper isn't exactly realistic, but reeds are not made of paper.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Minecraft paper made this way is actually more like papyrus. The way it is made is by weaving strips of stem together and then pounding the ever loving shit out of it til it turns into a single sheet and then drying it while applying pressure. This is a bit beyond the capability of a saw blade.

What you're looking for is a way to cook glue and sawdust together to make a pulp and then roll it out into sheets.
Better is the enemy of Good
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Maybe being cut into thin strips that when put into the cauldron with glue (at a big glue-strip ratio), turn into paper
However, that glue+sawdust suggestion is pretty good.
I do understand tht my original suggestion is beyond what the saw can do. But I do find the crafting of paper, rope and fabric pretty tedious.
SilvasRuin

Post by SilvasRuin »

Three reeds can be crafted into three paper. How is that more tedious than placing it in front of a saw? Place the reeds, shift click the paper that results, place the paper, shift click the books. Quite fast.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

SilvasRuin wrote:Three reeds can be crafted into three paper. How is that more tedious than placing it in front of a saw? Place the reeds, shift click the paper that results, place the paper, shift click the books. Quite fast.
Uhm... Automation? I don't want to get into an argument here but clicking and shift-clicking is much more tedious than setting up a reed factory, feeding the output into a block dispenser that is attached to a turntable, placing reeds continually in front of a saw... and you get the result. And you make mining charges. And then... well. BOOOOM!!!
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

embirrim wrote:
SilvasRuin wrote:Three reeds can be crafted into three paper. How is that more tedious than placing it in front of a saw? Place the reeds, shift click the paper that results, place the paper, shift click the books. Quite fast.
Uhm... Automation? I don't want to get into an argument here but clicking and shift-clicking is much more tedious than setting up a reed factory, feeding the output into a block dispenser that is attached to a turntable, placing reeds continually in front of a saw... and you get the result. And you make mining charges. And then... well. BOOOOM!!!
Fun fact: Shift-clicking into a crafting grid (or something very similar) may or may not but probably will be in the next release of BTW.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Stormweaver wrote:
Fun fact: Shift-clicking into a crafting grid (or something very similar) may or may not but probably will be in the next release of BTW.
Really? I've been reading the "EUREKA" threads and hadn't noticed anything of the sort. Good to know!!
Xekrom337

Post by Xekrom337 »

Stormweaver wrote:
embirrim wrote:
so flowerchild is adding in inventory improvements? will that conflict with other inventory mods?