Your Best Design Pics and Vids

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
walker_boh_65

Your Best Design Pics and Vids

Post by walker_boh_65 »

lets see whos got the best automation in BTW
blazeboy91

Re: Your Best Design Pics and Vids

Post by blazeboy91 »

I do believe Battosay would win this one....
* Choke Choke Die*
Victim: Damn Poison cupcakes......
Bystander: Oooo a cupcake.
And the cycle continues until someone builds an immunity to it or we all die. Either way it has got to suck being the last person alive..
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

if he wants to post here and make us all stare in awe let him, i always love trying to figure out how he could possibly do that
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Might as well post what I'm working on! Despite following this mod forever, I completely suck at everything. This is my most advanced contraption yet: (don't laugh!)
Spoiler
Show
The plan is to build my mansion sort of around this, hiding all the gearboxes and such behind walls. Eventually I want it so that there's a chest in the basement gradually filled with dung and three cubby holes in an upper room for pork dispensing.
Last edited by Miss_Kat on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legox97

Post by legox97 »

Well i just thought i test out the potential of windmills in EPIC creations, this is my very basic not NEARLY finished back end of my would-be airship, i think it brings a whole new object to steam-punk airships
Spoiler
Show
*Gasp* Yeah spoilers! :D

Oh, and i'm setting up a whole airship through this, i'm going to use the mechanical power for lifts and more! Oh I see much fun and work ahead of me

oh and heres some progress on the airship :D
Spoiler
Show
Last edited by legox97 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FALL3N_ANG3LS

Post by FALL3N_ANG3LS »

legox97 wrote:Well i just thought i test out the potential of windmills in EPIC creations, this is my very basic not NEARLY finished back end of my would-be airship, i think it brings a whole new object to steam-punk airships
-Snip-

Oh, and i'm setting up a whole airship through this, i'm going to use the mechanical power for lifts and more! Oh I see much fun and work ahead of me
Off topic, but reminds me sort of the Leviathan and Behemoth books. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look 'em up. Great books, and can inspire many steam-punk ideas.
Danyo

Post by Danyo »

Miss_Kat wrote:Might as well post what I'm working on! Despite following this mod forever, I completely suck at everything. This is my most advanced contraption yet: (don't laugh!)
Don't worry, you're not the only one that sucks at making complex contraptions like that, when I make stuff like that, I either take a few days of experimenting and doing trial and error, or I have to cancel because I ended up with not enough room or something silly like that xD

I guess building the contraption before the actual building wouldn't be a bad idea for me... mmmh, interesting! :P
FALL3N_ANG3LS

Post by FALL3N_ANG3LS »

Miss_Kat wrote:Might as well post what I'm working on! Despite following this mod forever, I completely suck at everything. This is my most advanced contraption yet: (don't laugh!)

-Snip-

The plan is to build my mansion sort of around this, hiding all the gearboxes and such behind walls. Eventually I want it so that there's a chest in the basement gradually filled with dung and three cubby holes in an upper room for pork dispensing.
It certainly is unique, that's for certain. What I would recommend though, if you want to practice building, is install Too Many Items, and start a separate world to infinitely test different contraptions to your liking, and take the designs back over afterwards. (After uninstalling TMI of course!)
Its what I did to practice redstone.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

FALL3N_ANG3LS wrote: It certainly is unique, that's for certain. What I would recommend though, if you want to practice building, is install Too Many Items, and start a separate world to infinitely test different contraptions to your liking, and take the designs back over afterwards. (After uninstalling TMI of course!)
Its what I did to practice redstone.
Ah, gotta love unique. Considering it's going to be buried within walls and such, it doesn't bother me too much that it's probably ugly as all get out. As for TMI, I'd rather avoid installing it at all unless I'm making an adventure map or something. Too tempting to use it on my main save!
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

No spoiler tags?

I have a bunch of creations to show off, but the descriptions and pictures I've put together so far are making for a rather large post, especially without being able to hide some of it in spoilers. I'm not sure if I want to post something like that without spoiler tags. Maybe I'll just post it in the original thread, as it should be having a bit less traffic now...
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

It might be a good idea to have someone make a sticky that's locked with certain vids or pics that illustrate a certain concept so others can benefit.
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
szmbiont

Post by szmbiont »

Maybe not the best design but the only i have made yet.

There are 3 things in my video. First of all an automated tree farm. It collects wood and not planks. Next step is to build an cobblestone farm in a similar way.
Secondly an elevator to a floating island. It can only be activated by bow and arrow. And finally a door with pullys / platforms.
Urian

Post by Urian »

I'm also waiting to see if we get spoiler tags. If not, then I might finally have to take the step to making videos rather than merely screenshots. :p
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

-snip-

You could try connecting an animal farm to your hoppers so that you don't run out of bacon. If there is a specific kind of filter that can filter out bacon, that would probably be a good idea, also.
Spoiler
Show
this is a test to see if spoilers work
Batto : Don't quote the img, thanks
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
FALL3N_ANG3LS

Post by FALL3N_ANG3LS »

Miss_Kat wrote: Ah, gotta love unique. Considering it's going to be buried within walls and such, it doesn't bother me too much that it's probably ugly as all get out. As for TMI, I'd rather avoid installing it at all unless I'm making an adventure map or something. Too tempting to use it on my main save!
Using TMI for practice is not everyone's cup of tea. .
Just a little suggestion on my part, as it is what I did to practice wiring redstone. I had to wire three seperate piston doors (each completely hidden from plain sight) for my cousin's SMP base. One for him, one for his friend sharing the base, and one for me; whereas I've hidden myself in a mountain.
Just for a few examples that is.
And yes, I've fallen into the TMI temptation once, and only once. The fun of the world died out considerably.
(Since this is a creation thread, I think I'll take snapshots of the doors I wired)
Dralnalak

Post by Dralnalak »

Flesh_Engine wrote:It might be a good idea to have someone make a sticky that's locked with certain vids or pics that illustrate a certain concept so others can benefit.
If the powers that be create such a thread, there is a construction from the original Minecraft forum thread I would nominate. It was the one where the staircase descended by means of a series of pulleys with different amounts of rope in each. Unfortunately, I was not able to find it in the thread again and do not remember who originally posted it. Hopefully they will repost it on this forum as well.

Of all the creations I saw in the thread, that and the castle gates where one layer sank into the ground while the other one slid up into the ceiling were my two favorites.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Dralnalak wrote:
Flesh_Engine wrote:It might be a good idea to have someone make a sticky that's locked with certain vids or pics that illustrate a certain concept so others can benefit.
If the powers that be create such a thread, there is a construction from the original Minecraft forum thread I would nominate. It was the one where the staircase descended by means of a series of pulleys with different amounts of rope in each. Unfortunately, I was not able to find it in the thread again and do not remember who originally posted it. Hopefully they will repost it on this forum as well.

Of all the creations I saw in the thread, that and the castle gates where one layer sank into the ground while the other one slid up into the ceiling were my two favorites.
Thanks :) That was one of my builds. I can't even find the post myself now so I'll just repost the images:

The stairs are hidden away in the ceiling when not in use:
Spoiler
Show
The mechanical power is a very simple setup and can easily be adjusted if you want to add more steps and/or change at what Y-levels the stairs should be:
Spoiler
Show
And this is how the stairs look when they're in place:
Spoiler
Show
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

That staircase is sublime, and the design is so simple!! I LOVE IT! :D Oh I can think of quite a few cool ways to use that :D. WIN!
The only thing that I would like to change on it though, is a halfblock. So you don't have to jump up the stairs :)
Thieme

Post by Thieme »

Very nice thread hope to see some epic stuff in it.
As for the little small TMI discussion sadly that is how i ever played minecraft and i notice it is taking some of the fun away from me but i can't stop using it :s

I have a small castle with several pulley platform stuff but i am inclined as to not post it since i am basically cheating and everyone could make it then ...

@Facefoiled sadly there isn't a halfblock platform ;)
as far as i can judge Flower in this matter i think it would fall under easthetic/small improvement but still some work category.
I could be wrong tho and it would be quite awesome if added.
Dralnalak

Post by Dralnalak »

Urian wrote: Thanks :) That was one of my builds. I can't even find the post myself now so I'll just repost the images:
Thank you for posting those here. I have this idea for a base suspended in the air. As part of it, I really wanted to add a staircase similar to this. Your images will give me a leg up on laying out the gear boxes and axles.
Verloren

Post by Verloren »

Urian wrote: Thanks :) That was one of my builds. I can't even find the post myself now so I'll just repost the images:

The stairs are hidden away in the ceiling when not in use:
Spoiler
Show
The mechanical power is a very simple setup and can easily be adjusted if you want to add more steps and/or change at what Y-levels the stairs should be:
Spoiler
Show
Curious, but how difficult would it be to encode it so that pulleys will lift up a platform to a certain level and then stop? It would allow for the pulley blocks to be lifted higher and clear up some of the clutter.

Haven't done much work with pulleys and platforms (updated to the latest BTW version the day before 1.7.2 MC came out). :(
Urian

Post by Urian »

FaceFoiled wrote:That staircase is sublime, and the design is so simple!! I LOVE IT! :D Oh I can think of quite a few cool ways to use that :D. WIN!
The only thing that I would like to change on it though, is a halfblock. So you don't have to jump up the stairs :)
Thanks :) I agree that having halfslabs or stairs on it would make it easier to walk up the stairs but since platforms can't have any blocks on them at the moment, it's not possible to do so.
Verloren wrote: Curious, but how difficult would it be to encode it so that pulleys will lift up a platform to a certain level and then stop? It would allow for the pulley blocks to be lifted higher and clear up some of the clutter.

Haven't done much work with pulleys and platforms (updated to the latest BTW version the day before 1.7.2 MC came out). :(
You'll need either a detector block at the level you want the platforms to stop at or a timer up at the pulleys to make them stop once they've reached a certain height. I'm not quite certain what you mean by letting the pulley blocks to be lifted higher though or what clutter that would be?
szmbiont

Post by szmbiont »

Verloren wrote:
Curious, but how difficult would it be to encode it so that pulleys will lift up a platform to a certain level and then stop? It would allow for the pulley blocks to be lifted higher and clear up some of the clutter.

dont know about encoding but u can allready build this yourselfe with redstone, timer and detector blocks. if u want i will post a vid of my elevator to show how it works
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Yay! Spoilers work now!

I started putting this post together for the original thread, but now that these new forums are here, (with a dedicated section for designs, no less), this seems like a better place to post it.

I've been really enjoying the automation capabilities provided by this mod. I think that the Block Dispenser and the Detector Block are definitely the most useful blocks in the mod, followed closely by the hopper, and also the whole mechanical system. This and everything else in the mod really does add a whole new dimension to the game. Unfortunatley, I haven't found a dungeon on my legit world yet, so I can't really use the automation provided by Block Dispensers yet on that world, so for now I am just satisfying my creativity on a Test World with TooManyItems. (I would never use TMI on my legit world, though) This way I have been able to create lots of awesome things without having to worry about resources during the design proccess, which has been nice, and I wanted to show them off.

So, yeah. Here's what I've made so far. I'd make videos, but I don't know how (though I could probably look that up), plus the fact that my computer is really slow.

A working automatic single tree farm:
Spoiler
Show
Image Image Image Image Image
I made this one pretty early on, and so even though I tested it initially with bonemeal, it has been working the whole time that I've spent designing and building my other auto farms. A tree has successfully grown and been harvested (max loss of one wood plank per tree) at least seven times now, so I know it works. I will say this though: it takes a VERY long time for a tree to grow in it, since it is so cramped. I've spent hours working on the other projects after this was completed, and even left the game running sometimes when I went to go do something else, and even so, a tree has only grown in it like seven times like I already said. I put some blocks above where the tree grows to make sure that only a small tree grows in the machine, since it is only designed to harvest a tree with four logs.
A working automatic sugarcane farm:
I have a simple version for one sugarcane, and also a version which harvests a row of nine.
Spoiler
Show
Image Image Image Image Image Image
I really like my system for the sugarcane farms in general, but especially for the bigger one, since it only harvests after most, not just one, of the sugarcanes have grown to the height of three. It does require a lot more lapis for the detectors, but just for conceptual purposes, it's really cool even if it isn't that practical. So this is how they work. When the system is triggered by the DB, it sends a signal to a BD that is under the dirt that is under the sugarcane, so that it sucks it in, causing all the sugarcane to fall into a water flow created by the water source block that is behind the dirt, which is also neccessary for the sugarcane to be planted in the first place. The signal is sent through a bunch of repeaters on their max delay time so that there is enough time for the sugarcane to fall into the water flow and be on its way before the dirt is replaced and more sugarcane planted. On the small version, the water flow goes directly to a hopper, but on the bigger version, it flows into a larger diagonal water flow from both corners, which sends the sugarcane to a hopper in the middle.
A working automatic hemp farm (currently only for a row of six hemp)
Spoiler
Show
Image Image Image
- - - - -I also made a simple single version, as you can see. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -This is an older pic before I expanded it to six hemp from five.

This is pretty much the same design as I have seen everywhere else. A DB on one end (although it could use the same system as my bigger sugarcane farm with more DB's), which triggers BD's to suck in the hemp and then spit it back out into a water flow which goes to a millstone and then to a final collection hopper. I didn't explicitly copy anybody's design, but I was probably influenced by the pictures I've seen. The thing is, there is really only one way to make an automatic hemp farm, so the basic principle is always the same. Details and quantity are what set others apart. (like Battosay's) I actually tried to do this with saws at first, but that was completely ineffective as you might have guessed, and only a few hemp crops actually made it into the water flow.
I've also made a kind of cool castle gate with the platforms and pullies. Probably the coolest thing about this is the fact that a hole appears in the ground for the middle "spike" to go into when the gate is closing, and it gets filled in again when it goes up, so there isn't a hole in the middle of the walkway. What's happening here is simply a BD being triggered by a DB that the sees whether the gate is in front of it or not. This looks really cool when it's moving, and I'd love to make a video of it, but I don't think that's going to happen. Like I said, my computer is kind of slow.
(maybe I can just make an animated gif with a bunch of screenshots....)
Spoiler
Show
Image Image Image Image Image
A Redstone Pulser
Spoiler
Show
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
This is actually the first thing I made on this Test World. It's a redstone pulser that uses Block dispensers to make it so you can operate it with an on/off switch and a start button in a different room, and not have to worry about manually breaking the circuit to turn it off, because turning the switch off breaks the circuit for you by sucking up a central piece of redstone dust. After the circuit has been broken, turning the switch back on replaces the redstone it sucked up, completing the circuit again, but you still have to press the start button to send the initial pulse to get it started. Possibly the coolest aspect of this machine is the fact that I made it so that you can't send another start signal while the pulser is pulsing.The way I did this was to hook up a BD connected to a NOR gate that has inputs from two alternating nodes of the pulser to break the redstone path from the start button to the pulser while it was running.

Inside the room, it just flashes some torches, but you can hook this thing up to something big like a repeater spiral visual display like the one in the pictures. It's kind of sad, but my computer is so slow that even though the testing world is flat, and so it renders faster than normal worlds, turning on the pulser or sending even a lone signal through the repeater spiral makes my fps go down to like 5. I've had the chance to test this on a faster computer, though, and it looks really cool. Especially at night.
I also used the same basic pulser design (but without the automation) to make a ScreamMachine with cake. (which sounds quite disturbing, I must say)
Spoiler
Show
Image Image Image
I've also experimented with the trap capabilities of BD's and DB's. Using a DB in the ceiling, you can make the floor disappear using BD's (or even sticky pistons for that matter) when someone trys to walk through a corridor. Or you can put a pressure plate in the corridor that makes some BD's (or pistons) put blocks in the way whenever you step on it.

And I also made a VERY simple elevator in a tower made by cement.
Spoiler
Show
On all my contraptions, I've had a fun time hiding most of the circuitry underground, so if after seeing some of the pictures, you're wondering why redstone power is coming from seemingly nowhere, that is why. I think the most obvious example of my hidden redstone in these pictures is the connection between the button of the ScreamMachine and the machine itself.

So yeah. This is all the cool stuff I've made so far with this awesome mod. I am definitely going to stick to 1.6.6 until BTW is updated, as there's no way I would want to play minecraft seriously without this mod.

Thank you, FlowerChild, for making all this stuff possible! Here's to even more awesomeness in the coming updates! ;)
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Browsing through my screenshot folder, I also found my old aesthetic automated cobblestone factory:
Spoiler
Show
Good times :p