New Release! (BTW V3.10)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.10)

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote:That's a cool way of looking at it. It also hints at a possible future system that IS finite.
Indeed it does. Much of what you said in your post above is similar to my own way of thinking of it and reflects some of the future plans I have for the mod.

I think finite power distribution, and finite energy sources are two distinct jumps in terms of gameplay, and if I were to bring them into the mod, I would do so in two completely different stages, with increasing levels of reward for each.
misterwuggles

Post by misterwuggles »

This stuff is still a bit over my head since I only just reached steel in my first real playthrough, but man do I love this mod. Just reading the conversation makes me love this mod. I don't even have to load it up to get the feeling. I'm very excited about the future of the mod, and to be a bit more on-topic, to play around with the various redstone blocks including the new Buddy Block since: "I've received a number of "I never got into redstone, but mechanical power changed that!" messages over time..." applies to me as well. I'd always dabbled around in it, but I just don't like do make things purely for aesthetics so there was never any real reason to get full-on into it. I like for the things that I build and my redstone to have a practical or at least semi-practical purpose. For instance, and feel free to scoff, I had a good bit of trouble trying to put 9 hibachi on a lever the other night until I realized you could put all the wiring for a direct current to the outer 8 all on one level by using repeaters to break up the redstone. I understood the concepts behind getting it to work, but I'd never actually tried to implement it within the game itself.
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

FlowerChild wrote: I never got into redstone, but mechanical power changed that!"
I have to agree with that, but wiring the Hibachi so I could turn it on and off was my first redstone achievement. I had just wrote redstone off as complicated, and worthless until I started using this mod, so I thank you for that.
Minecraft Name:Sky_Som
TheYaMeZ

Post by TheYaMeZ »

FlowerChild wrote:
Gilberreke wrote:That's a cool way of looking at it. It also hints at a possible future system that IS finite.
Indeed it does. Much of what you said in your post above is similar to my own way of thinking of it and reflects some of the future plans I have for the mod.

I think finite power distribution, and finite energy sources are two distinct jumps in terms of gameplay, and if I were to bring them into the mod, I would do so in two completely different stages, with increasing levels of reward for each.
Oh man I can't wait for either! It struck me even more so when I saw that recent video of the that mechanical turbine cross-mod for buildcraft or something, where the guy was generating insane amounts of power from a single water wheel.Obviously thats not BTW fault, but it would be amazing to have a reason to need several power generation sources to do something awesome.

Someone mentioned steam power above and speculated it might require some kind of pressure management... the thought of which almost made me want to go into a short term coma until it was a reality.

Thanks again flowerchild for the many hours of minecraft enjoyment i've gotten from this mod!
Confused on how to build a two-floor elevator? Check my tutorial