X:COM 2

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Wafflewaffle

Re: X:COM 2

Post by Wafflewaffle »

SpaceGuyR wrote:The hit/crit breakdown (as well as descriptions of buffs/debuffs/abilities) is already available by F1 or a '?' button while aiming the shot, but having it visible all the time could let you compare different targets a bit easier.
Holy shit! Never seen that! I only use the "?" Button on my own troops... this changes EVERYTHING!
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
devak

Post by devak »

Wafflewaffle wrote:
devak wrote:standard settings, so i believe normal without ironman
*Gasp*! There is a filthy casual among us...
Unless i have a clear idea of what higher difficulty does, i usually play any RTS on normal difficulty. In my experiences, difficulty of RTS is scaled simply by enemy resources, be that throwing around more pylons or units. I always play FPS games of any kind on the maximum difficulty since it pretty much always scales with bullet damage, and taking 20 bullets to the face before having any damage never felt very immersive to me. I rather re-start a game 5 times because 3 bullets killed me. Though this does lead to some weird situations sometimes (looking at you, far cry).

I found the randomness in Xcom enough that i didn't like the thought of facing greater foes. I hated Mutons for their ridiculous size yet being hard to hit. I discovered Mutons have a modifier, i think it was called "fear", that basically reduced hit chances by 30% or so.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7lDCvYiQVA

Between this and Fallout 4 it's starting to look that the game industry is starting to really embrace modding
Better is the enemy of Good