KSP 1.0 Dev Updates

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Taleric

KSP 1.0 Dev Updates

Post by Taleric »

Huh? "Probe cores got trashed in 0.90, yes, Squad knows - they're rebalancing stuff, remember?"

Some interesting things in here I had not seen yet. Squad is welcome to take their time and think this out :)

Thank goodness not a literal barn... Military complex I can tolerate.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/thr ... re-Edition

Running 1.0 list: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/thr ... ws-for-1-0
Taleric

Re: KSP 1.0 Dev Updates

Post by Taleric »

Yay, BTSM supreme!

"Up until now, the tech tree was hardcoded into the research and development UI prefab. This was changed now, and tech tree is now completely loaded from a cfg file."

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProg ... searching/
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

We are almost there! It looks like they have touched on nearly every aspect of play! Very pleased with all the leaked information I have seen :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Taleric wrote:We are almost there! It looks like they have touched on nearly every aspect of play! Very pleased with all the leaked information I have seen :)
Yeah...we'll see what happens. I have my fingers crossed but it really seems like they are rushing to release way too quickly and with very little in the way of caution.

And I must have missed this one awhile ago:
Taleric wrote: "Up until now, the tech tree was hardcoded into the research and development UI prefab. This was changed now, and tech tree is now completely loaded from a cfg file."
I've been editing the tree for quite awhile now (few months at least) and already have it pretty much where I want it. The .cfg file thing will make it slightly more convenient if I decide to make additional changes, but doesn't bring much new to the table where BTSM is concerned.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Too little too late on the tree I guess :P

For sure cautious optimism, all those dang content photos have me hungry! Lol
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

So excited! Looks like labs will change for the better too!

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProg ... thank_you/
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

That change to the labs is incredibly full of holes in its design. Don't get too excited :)

They even seem to know that it's full of holes and "fix" that by stating it won't do exactly what it will do ;)
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Crap bubble popped lol. I will hold my DRE bubble tight then ;P
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Holy fish that lab design is broken. Unlimited free science forever! Even if you set it up so that experiment packages had to be ferried up and back to the surface constantly it would smash half the tech tree apart by setting things up so that you wouldn't need to so much as send a probe out past Kerbins gravity well.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I tend to go on about it a lot about it on the KSP forums, but "feature complete" is a thing in software and game development for a reason.

Squad decided to ignore the standard definition of what "beta" means in terms of it being traditionally associated with feature complete, and as far as I'm concerned, they still haven't achieved beta status. They're releasing in a week and they're still not only adding new features, but designing them as well. Meanwhile, as of last public release there were still rather massive design holes and bugs in the stuff they added over a year ago (like the science system).

The fact that they're still redesigning systems at this late stage, and in a way that's obviously full of holes, is pretty damn nuts. I wish them the best, but "hope for the best, expect the worst" and all that. If this release goes off without a hitch I'll be extremely surprised.
kazerima

Post by kazerima »

Perhaps they've decided to follow the Minecraft definition? 3 1/2 years after "full release" we're still seeing new "features" being added while they ignore the holes in existing systems :)
FlowerChild wrote:BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.