Elevator bottom switch.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Muzzyguy

Elevator bottom switch.

Post by Muzzyguy »

I was wondering how i could make a switch at the bottom of a elevator shaft to take the elevator back to the top.

I have been using a t flip-flop to bring it down and then used multiple redstone torches to carry the signal from the bottom to the top to reactivate the circuit but it doesn't seem to work. :(

Can anyone help me?
Or tell em a different method of doing this.
legox97

Re: Elevator bottom switch.

Post by legox97 »

I used a XOR gate (I believe that's what its called) and it worked fine for me, but make sure you hook it up correctly, took me a little bit to fit it to my pulleys and etc. heres a video for it.

Of course you could always look up a specific tutorial for it, i'm pretty sure battosay has one for it.
(oh and that's not me in the video)
Last edited by legox97 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muzzyguy

Post by Muzzyguy »

Will this mean i shall have to put the wires all the way down to the bottom of my elevator shaft?
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

How else would you send a signal up there ?
Muzzyguy

Post by Muzzyguy »

I was hoping for something less redstone consuming but oh well.
Thank you very much for your help.
rbh

Post by rbh »

I have exactly the same design you choose.
A T-FlipFlop at the top to power / unpower the GearBox controlling my pulleys.
this is a view from the bottom of the shaft :
Spoiler
Show
On the bottom of the picture you can see the button used to call the elevator and send it up.
It's at the bottom of a column alternating redstone torches and cobble. (any "solid" block work).
At first I put the column of LightBlocks for debugging purposes, like you I could not control the elevator from the bottom, and kept it cause it has a cool effect with redstone lag.
My mistake was that I was just missing 1 miserable RS dust at the very top of the torches column.

Be sure that the top of the column is NOT Powered because the T-FlipFlops only work with impulses like button provides. To achieve that you must choose between a RS torch or RS dust at the top of the column.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

When FC implements the Lens (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82) this kind of stuff is going to be a lot easier.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

finite8 wrote:When FC implements the Lens (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82) this kind of stuff is going to be a lot easier.

I am waiting for lenses before I build my first elevator.
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
sitfull

Post by sitfull »

legox97 wrote:I used a XOR gate (I believe that's what its called) and it worked fine for me, but make sure you hook it up correctly, took me a little bit to fit it to my pulleys and etc. heres a video for it.

Of course you could always look up a specific tutorial for it, i'm pretty sure battosay has one for it.
(oh and that's not me in the video)
How would you implement into a deep shaft?
Urian

Post by Urian »

sitfull wrote:How would you implement into a deep shaft?
If you've only got a top and bottom for your elevator:
You build the XOR gate near the gearbox that you want to control. Place a lever at both the top and bottom floor and use the redstone wire from those two levers as the inputs for the XOR gate and the output goes to the gearbox.

If you've got multiple floors:
Have one XOR gate for (and near) every floor except the lowest one. The inputs for the gates are one from a lever on the floor you're at and one is the output from the gate below it, like this:
Spoiler
Show
You'll probably best of using vertical XOR gates if you've got more than two floors though.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
TheYaMeZ

Post by TheYaMeZ »

The question was already answered, but I thought i'd throw my tutorial in here again, as it addresses how to go about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x6BE-2CMlk
Confused on how to build a two-floor elevator? Check my tutorial
JWA

Post by JWA »

If your just trying to get it to go back up once it reaches the bottom, I wonder if you couldn't have a hidden pulley block rigged to go up when the main platform goes down, and vice versa, that would trigger a detector block and accomplish the same thing instead of redstone. Meh probably more trouble than its worth but it would mean no redstone inbetween.
Muzzyguy

Post by Muzzyguy »

TheYaMeZ wrote:The question was already answered, but I thought i'd throw my tutorial in here again, as it addresses how to go about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x6BE-2CMlk
I did use this tutorial in building my elevator. I built it exactly the same yet it didnt work.
szmbiont

Post by szmbiont »

if you want it to go up and down nonstop a timer would be better than a second hidden elevator. at least i think so