My Silly Flash Videos

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
jorgebonafe

My Silly Flash Videos

Post by jorgebonafe »

A friend of mine found this in a cd laying around somewhere... Its a couple of stupid flash videos I made like 15 years ago... They were heavily based on a website I was addicted to at the time, called stickdeath.com. Apparently it was moved here. I can't believe this site still exists...

Actually I can't believe these videos I made still exist XD Anyway, here are they, if anyone enjoys watching silly stick people dying in horrible ways.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7930336/pq.swf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/793 ... 0chata.swf

The second one is (kinda) based on a real story...

Edit. By the way, its in portuguese, the only thing he's saying is "I won't put up with this!"
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
BinoAl

Re: My Silly Flash Videos

Post by BinoAl »

Hah. I used to do the same sort of thing, except it was usually mostly stick figure fights with over the top bs like constant hadoukens and explosives. Good times... :)
VegasGoat

Post by VegasGoat »

Nice, that brings back some good memories. I used to make stick figure death movies too, with an old program called Autodesk Animator. I remember one called Green vs. Blue, which ended with a giant blue bulldozer running over a bunch of green guys.
DemonButter

Post by DemonButter »

Pontuacao extra por estar em Portugues.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

I had a lot of fun tinkering around with flash. Though I prefered sprites over sticks for some reason.
aaah good times.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

EtherealWrath wrote:I had a lot of fun tinkering around with flash. Though I prefered sprites over sticks for some reason.
aaah good times.
Sticks are so easy to animate (poorly animated as mine are aside).... I always look at those sprite animations and think "how the fuck did they do that?"
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

I prefer using sprites for animation in anything *but* flash, tbh. Flash just doesn't work that way, lol. Then again, I might just be much more comfortable with them because 99% of my childhood was spent with RPG makers.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

jorgebonafe wrote:Sticks are so easy to animate (poorly animated as mine are aside).... I always look at those sprite animations and think "how the fuck did they do that?"
I've always asked the same thing with the decent looking stickwork.
(my limited attempts with sticks involve shape tweens or painting it frame-by-frame. it looked horrid either way)
BinoAl wrote:I prefer using sprites for animation in anything *but* flash, tbh. Flash just doesn't work that way, lol. Then again, I might just be much more comfortable with them because 99% of my childhood was spent with RPG makers.
The only software I used is flash, and an old .gif programme. Editing sprites in flash is a real pain; but the actual animation isn't too bad.
Spoiler
Show
Convert them to a flash symbol/graphic [instead of a bitmap] and you can manipulate them the same as vectors. Its just motion tweens with sub-animated loops for explosions/walk cycles.
The 'replace with' option is also pretty useful. [swaps a symbol on the stage with any in the library; keeping all the colour/scaling/rotation ect you applied on the stage]

Even looking at something like Super Mario Bros Z- 95% of it is tweening and replacing symbols.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

EtherealWrath wrote:Super Mario Bros Z
Ahhh, good times. I feel sad that one was discontinued...