Rune Factory

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
myrkana

Rune Factory

Post by myrkana »

I'm looking to get one of the rune factory games for my DS, but looking through them I see there are at least 3 for the DS alone (not the 3Ds, the old Ds :-p ).
Which ones do you guys like the best? Anyone able to tell me the differences between them?
Rawr :D
Psion

Re: Rune Factory

Post by Psion »

I've enjoyed rune factory 4. I think i've had over a hundred hours put into it. Sure it's not perfect perfect, but it's definitely one of the best in the series i've played. Only real complaint i have about it is the small stack sizes and having to dump each small stack of 9 logs and stone into the materials bin manually, lol. I can see why they did that though, as the 3ds really can't handle too many objects on screen at once, so they couldn't exactly let there be dozens of items littering the ground in an area. (if you try, after about a dozen or so stuff starts dissapearing, either with a warning if it's just over the cap, or a instantly if a whole bunch drops at once, such as sickling a ton of crops at once.)

Other than that though, i've enjoyed it. It's also fun when you beat the game, since you can change your characters in game model to pretty much whatever character from the game you want. Doesn't change the dialog picture or vocals during conversations, sadly, but the actual model and battle voices are changed. I'm running around as Bado now. :D It's not limited to characters of your own gender either, which is nice.

I've not played any other of the 3ds rune factories, but i've played frontier and tides of destiny. I'd say this is definitely the best of all 3. Speaking of which, you can also change the music that plays to any of the previous rune factories too once you beat the game, and there's some cameos of previous bosses in the end dungeon.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

can't do 4 :-p I have a normal ds xD not a 3ds
Rawr :D
Magnas

Post by Magnas »

I'd recommend Rune Factory 3. One and two are great, but three fixed a lot of issues that were in both. They're self-contained stories with a few references that don't seem like references, they seem like backstory. I haven't played them in a whiiiile. I don't remember the features right off the bat that changed, but I do remember how much I adored RF3. So definitely go with that one!