Strata Warriors (survival Co-op) SMP Server [closed]!!!

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
IzBatt

Strata Warriors (survival Co-op) SMP Server [closed]!!!

Post by IzBatt »

Well guys it's been a long time coming that I've wanted to host my own server!

Server "Strata Warriors" will be going live on Friday March 7th at 7PM CST.
Info: hosted by Fragnet out of Dallas, TX.
IP: [applications closed]
Version: BTWphillip
Normal difficulty and random seed.

Rules:
No greifing
No PVP unless both parties are consenting.
No commands will be used to help anyone. I’m going to even try not to OP myself as I’d rather we just all play the game as it was intended.
Blight, groth, and bloodwood trees are allowed but need to be contained.
If you get to the point of wanting to kill the ender dragon please check with me as others may want to go too.
And lastly don’t be an effin retard
I’m pretty laid back but if you ruin someone else’s experience it rubs me the wrong way.

Application:
Your experience with Better than wolves?
Why do you want to join?
How active will you be?
In-game-name?

I will be at work all day but will be checking back periodically for whitelist candidates!

We here at strata warriors know that BTW has some resource issues on SMP mode. So as such we have devised the following plan to help out.
We have food spawners at main spawn and 3 randomly placed in each quadrant from spawn in the world left to discover. The spawner locations were picked using a random script I wrote in python to select the X,Z coord and the type of food it would spawn (cows, sheep, pigs, chickens). If you find one use it, if you break it they won’t’ be fixed. See Spoiler for pictures.
Spoiler
Show
This pad
takes you to
where there will be a random food source
Last edited by IzBatt on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The people who started the war are the reason. And unless you fight to get rid of the reason, nothing will ever change. I fight to get rid of the reason."-Bart
myrkana

Re: Strata Warriors (survival Co-op) SMP Server [BTWPhillip]

Post by myrkana »

Your experience with Better than wolves? I've been playing btw since before the hardcore mode were introduced (most of them anyway, october or so of 2012)

Why do you want to join? I've been watching the forums for a new server, I play on Edolas every so often in small bursts but it's very well developed and I miss the feel of Leviathan :) it was a new server where we had started to build a spawn base to help people with pumpkins and stuff. I'm not very useful for automation but I'd be willing to help make a spawn base and once I get a little set up help put some chests with cooked food for the times when people die randomly and need food/a shelter for their night time spawn xD

How active will you be? I'm on the computer fairly often, my only obligation outside of work is a small Warmachine/hordes tournament I joined at my local gameshop :) other than that I'll be on fairly often

In-game-name? Myrkana
Rawr :D
IzBatt

Post by IzBatt »

Hey Myrkana, Welcome to the server! I'll be turning it on tonight @ 7pm CST.
"The people who started the war are the reason. And unless you fight to get rid of the reason, nothing will ever change. I fight to get rid of the reason."-Bart
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

woot ^.^ see you then :)
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

so what type of biome is spawn? :o assuming you've seen the map at elast once? please not a jungle o.o
IzBatt

Post by IzBatt »

It's a shore next to a forest. :)
No jungle that I saw.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

woot the last fresh start server I was on (dale's before he got banned) started in a huge biomes jungle T.T never.again. you almost had to die to get out, most of us did xD
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

Your experience with Better than wolves? - I was playing since lenses were introduced and following the forums since nether groth was called nether growth.
Why do you want to join? - This is the first BTW multiplayer server that I will join and I want to try it out on a fresh world.
How active will you be? - I am mostly free on the weekends but I am not sure how much I will play.
In-game-name? - Puzzled1999
IzBatt

Post by IzBatt »

Whitelisted! welcome to the server!
kingofgodwars

Post by kingofgodwars »

Your experience with Better than wolves? Not to much, but i'm always up to learning and to be of help

Why do you want to join? It would be fun to play with others of my same interest, The main reason I dont have to much experience is because that most of my friends are not interested in a challenge. I'm always up for one so i can conquer it and enjoy it.

How active will you be? I am hoping to be on at least 1 hour a day, But more then likely i will be able to be on more around 2-3 hours a day
In-game-name? kingofgodwars (1 word no caps)
DesLien

Post by DesLien »

My experience with BTW?
I used to play the mod way back when, recently have tried out the newest version and have made it past crucible.

Why?
It would be neat to join in others in creating a new world rather than playing by myself. I would like to help build up and let other people see what I can create in a server atmosphere. Being pretty new in the forums it would be nice to join in a server with more people.

How active am I?
Fairly active, on average I am on 4 days a week.. :P

In-Game Name:
Clancy465
"Out come all his roughness, all his dulness, all his incapability;
shame upon shame, failure upon failure, pause after pause: but out comes the whole majesty of him also..." -John Ruskin
IzBatt

Post by IzBatt »

You are both whitelisted! Enjoy and hope to see you soon.
DesLien

Post by DesLien »

Thanks IzBatt! :D
I was wondering if the server is up? For me I cant reach the server and I don't know if this is my side or server side.
"Out come all his roughness, all his dulness, all his incapability;
shame upon shame, failure upon failure, pause after pause: but out comes the whole majesty of him also..." -John Ruskin
IzBatt

Post by IzBatt »

The server is up. There was a time earlier where mojang was having authentication issues and no one could log on.
Toastman500

Post by Toastman500 »

Started playing BTW around Minecraft 1.4 beta, took a break around 1.7.3 beta and have been playing it much more often since 1.1 release.

Why do you want to join?
Back in the days of early alpha and beta I played on a lot of multiplayer servers and I really miss those days, and it's getting rather lonely in my single player world.

How active will you be?
As active as I can, probably coming on for a few hours every day, I'd say ~10 hours a week, depending on work and whatnot.

In-game-name?
Toastman500

As a note, I'd like to say I understand my profile looks relatively new, that's because I rarely post on the forums but I frequent them probably twice a day and have been doing so for a good two years or so.
IzBatt

Post by IzBatt »

Hey Toastman, I will add you when I get off work tonight approximately 6pm CST. Welcome!
OlbaiD

Post by OlbaiD »

Hey. I would like to be whitelisted.

My IGN is Ab00t.

I started playing MC since 2011, and BTW some months after, when i got vanilla boredom sickness (chronic disease XD). I played in a lan server with my brother, after that i joined Better Than Solo Server (Ivalice and Leviathan), which has reach is End :(

I wanna join your server, because it sounds more fun than playing single-player, also i had an awesome experience (and friendship) in BTS, and i miss that. Myrkana might agree with me about the BTS experience XD (Hi Myr). Also i might learn more about the early changes since i feel like i barely played with them.

I dont have a lot of free time because of work and wife (LOL) but i'll play occasionally... and more in the weekend.

I agree with the server rules.

Ab00t
IzBatt

Post by IzBatt »

You have been added! welcome.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

Ab00t :D HI!! long time no see ^.^
B00ST0CSK4

Post by B00ST0CSK4 »

Hello!

I played with BTW in crative, and in survival too. In survival Im not so experienced. This is why I want to play co-op. I can see how to play the /pro/ players, Its good experience for me I guess.

Why do you want to join?

Because I want to learn to play more then I can, and I want to play on server where are normal, no-griefer people.

How active will you be?

I can play at weekend 3-4 hours, whitout days when I go out with my friend. On weekdays I can play with minecraft maximum 2 hours.

In-game-name?

B00ST0CSK4

I have a question, too.
Is that Cracked/offline/ or online server?
DannyKlenz

Post by DannyKlenz »

B00ST0CSK4 wrote:I have a question, too.
Is that Cracked/offline/ or online server?

IzBatt

Post by IzBatt »

Bootstock4 Sorry buddy whitelist denied. You seem rather sketch. And it's on online server. I don't support cracked servers or minecrafts.
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

Hi there. I would like to be whitelisted.

I have been playing the mod on and off since September 2012. The most advanced contraption I have built so far was an automated Soul Urn production chain (turntable->Kiln->auto bottler) so i guess i know my stuff :-)

Why do you want to join?

I like working together to achieve common goals. Some of the projects you tackle in MC/BTW can be quite the grind. Knowing that a mobtrap/minecart track may also be of use to fellow players is a huge boost in motivation for me.

How active will you be?

Can't really predict that one.

In-game-name?

mc_dunedin
IzBatt

Post by IzBatt »

Hey sorry about the delay I was out of town the last few days.

mc_dunedin added to the whitelist, welcome!
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

I really don't want to badmouth anyone, but i just quit this server and feel a warning is warranted.

If you want to put up with that kind of behavior, knock yourself out.