In-game explanation for slabs preventing mob spawning?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Foxy Boxes

Re: In-game explanation for slabs preventing mob spawning?

Post by Foxy Boxes »

I have the answer guys: Magic. What? It's not like magic doesn't exist in-universe and is thus a completely plausible theory.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
Crazylemon64

Post by Crazylemon64 »

Ooh! Ooh! I propose that Minecraft is a computer simulation, and that mobs are unable to spawn on slabs because they don't qualify as solid blocks, as the method for spawning require them to be placed on a solid block.
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

Foxy Boxes wrote:I have the answer guys: Magic. What? It's not like magic doesn't exist in-universe and is thus a completely plausible theory.
Magic is a totally plausible theory for the real world, too. For any world, really. Which is why it isn't a very interesting theory.

Science, on the other hand, progresses in the direction of increasing implausibility with ever increasing certainty!

On that note, I've seen no peer-reviewed study on the efficacy of Potions and Enchantments in Minecraft reporting anything beyond which is already achievable by the placebo effect.
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

ExpHP wrote:
Foxy Boxes wrote:I have the answer guys: Magic. What? It's not like magic doesn't exist in-universe and is thus a completely plausible theory.
Magic is a totally plausible theory for the real world, too. For any world, really. Which is why it isn't a very interesting theory.

Science, on the other hand, progresses in the direction of increasing implausibility with ever increasing certainty!

On that note, I've seen no peer-reviewed study on the efficacy of Potions and Enchantments in Minecraft reporting anything beyond which is already achievable by the placebo effect.
Why would anyone do such a study without first hypothesizing the relationship between the "magical" nature of pre-existential intelligent constructions and the discrete non-static energy fields released through the annihilation of mobile entities? For that matter, has anyone considered the plausibility of intelligent design in such aforementioned pre-existential structures as exemplified by such strongly interacting materials as those found in various regular structures and their pre-emptive intelligent capacitance as seen with their absorption of those very non-static energy fields and their ability to magnify this input work?
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
DNoved1

Post by DNoved1 »

Lately I've been saddened by the fact that donuts in BTW don't have a way to apply any sort of glazing ;_;

But thanks to gates, I can now dip them in my own eyes \o/
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

Just going to say right now: If at any point this gets into Ayn Rand territory, I'm out. :P
odemarken

Post by odemarken »

ExpHP wrote:Just going to say right now: If at any point this gets into Ayn Rand territory, I'm out. :P
Wait, she wrote something on physics?