Neptune's Pride 2: Triton

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
ryoloth

Neptune's Pride 2: Triton

Post by ryoloth »

So I was wondering, do we have any NP2 players on the forums? If so is there any tips you could give a new player?

I was looking for a strategy game that I could play in my down time and I came across NP2, after reading up on gameplay and watching the few tutorial videos on their page I dove into my first game last night, using my normal game strategy for conquering mass amounts of space in a reasonable amount of time; I upgraded my economy and industry, then built 6 carriers setting them on course for the 6 nearest stars, as it stands now I have 13 stars (16 here in the next hour or so) putting me in the lead. I have been faced with the decision of either attacking a neighboring empire(who seems to not be playing though they havent quit) or expanding around. i'm thinking if i go around him i can then mass my troops and attack him from three sides all at once, but would it be worth it considering that would slow my expansion efforts to make the necessary preparations ?
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016