Phonebloks

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Panda

Phonebloks

Post by Panda »

Never say no to Panda.
jorgebonafe

Re: Phonebloks

Post by jorgebonafe »

Minecraft Phone....
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Er... I mean that sounds like a nice idea, but when size and weight matter a modular system will never be able to complete with one that is designed integrated.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, I don't see this really working other than as an amusing segment on one of those venture capital reality tv shows.

Although, I must admit it looks like it has decent Tetris-like gameplay in trying to figure out how to fit together the various sized components you want. Doubt that will help sell it though ;)
eternal8phoenix

Post by eternal8phoenix »

I've seen this before, and I'll repeat what I said then. It's already enough of a pain when you drop your phone and the back goes flying off one way, and the battery goes another...imagine the fun of having basically 52 pickup you entire phone.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
johnt

Post by johnt »

This would work perfectly well if you don't mind a phone that's a foot wide on each side, and uses 4 or 5 year old technology.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

johnt wrote:uses 4 or 5 year old technology.
Well, from what I've heard, people were able to make phone calls 4 or 5 years ago. Seriously, don't buy into the cellphone technology rush, it's simply consumerism.

With ubiquitous access to computing device everywhere, do you really need the most expensive one in your pocket?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
johnt

Post by johnt »

Make phone calls? On a phone? I mostly use my phone to read blogs while I'm on the shitter.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Interchangable parts for the digital age, I see a lot of potential here if companies can play nice together.
Better is the enemy of Good
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Pretty cool concept, but in reality I doubt that companies will start doing it, since its entire intention is to remove the need to buy new phones, working against the wants of companies, nor do I think enough people will want to go through the hassle (albeit rather minimal) of building this, when they can just buy a phone that works out of the box.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

I thought of something like this about 10 years ago for the PC. If I recall, 5 years ago someone built it. Didn't sell well.

As for phones... why can't I get my super small Dick Tracy wrist watch cell phone? All I want to do is make calls on it and have an address book. Is that so hard to do?
Rob

Post by Rob »

Mr_Hosed wrote:As for phones... why can't I get my super small Dick Tracy wrist watch cell phone? All I want to do is make calls on it and have an address book. Is that so hard to do?
http://www.samsung.com/us/register/sams ... vent-2013/

It's a Bluetooth watch.. So not exactly what you're looking for. But beggars can't be choosers. :-P
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

yes, I saw this earlier, I do want it, but my bet is that it won't be practical until years from now.