Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
magikeh

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by magikeh »

FaceFoiled wrote:Pm's sent, although I do like the above questionnaire :D so feel free to give that a go as well. Additionally, you could always apply directly via the whitelist request page@ http://www.facefoiled.com/edolas/whitelist-request
/me grumbles about not making the questionnaire mandatory for new members. ;)
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

magikeh wrote:
ehsanmp wrote:-snippy-
Feel free to ask me anything that doesn't involve marmosets.
Ehsan
Many many questions I do have :D

About you:
Pirates or Ninjas? Pirates I mean they are pirates! D:<
Bannanas or Apples? Bananas hehe
Shinies or Pretties? Shinies!

Your environment:
Is your fridge running? yep, its out the door :D
Does your vacuum suck? yeppers!
How many fans do you have? like blow they air fans? 3 :D plus a sudo air conditioner fan thingy
Where is your biggest fan? in mah window!

Skill Questions:
How many types of people understand binary? no idea :D
What kind of bra does Ariel wear? A shell one?
Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections? habit?
What do you dilute your water with? alcohol?
If nothing ever sticks to TEFLON, how do they make TEFLON stick to the pan? magic, pure simple magic!
A chicken attacks you. What do you do first?
a.Throw broth at him like it was holy water? <---- this one, if that doesn't work the kfc container should :D
b.Take an egg hostage?
c.Whip out a KFC container and look menacing.

MC related Questions:
What comes first, pretty or functionality? oooo depends on the building! I like pretty but I'm not very good at pretty yet :D
Mobtrap or Mining? Mining xD I don't know how to make a mobtrap yet
Baked potatoes or Steak? Steak
What kind of biome is prefered building land? Not jungle ):< let the jungle burn
Have you ever gotten a chicken to cross the road? nope the damn things like little children, they get distracted in 2 seconds/.

Ok, when you're done with these questions, make sure to fill out the 40 page application so it can get lost in the mail ;)
Thanks for your cooperation!
-MagikEh

you make me lol, and here are my answers :-p oh and *hug* HI EHSAN!!!! :D
Rawr :D
Vexalor

Post by Vexalor »

I am afraid that I cannot resist answering Magikeh's questions, though they were directed at Ehsan:
Spoiler
Show
magikeh wrote: Many many questions I do have :D

About you:
Pirates or Ninjas? I usually lack preference on such matters, but how about ninjas?
Bannanas or Apples? Despite the fact that I eat my body weight in bananas twice a week, let's go with apples.
Shinies or Pretties? Shinies; pretties are for pussies.

Your environment:
Is your fridge running? No, it's walking.
Does your vacuum suck? No, it sucks. I need to buy a new one.
How many fans do you have? I am not sure, I doubt a great deal of people like me very much.
Where is your biggest fan? Wherever I am; he's me, as with most people.

Skill Questions:
How many types of people understand binary? Depends. Few have that particular language memorized, but, assuming you can use a table like this one, http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... f_card.jpg, any type that can read. Of course there is also binary in terms of counting...
What kind of bra does Ariel wear? It is known by her people as the "untukuwatri," the "home of new life," referencing the original purpose of it's components (shells) as housing nautical animals and it's purpose in supporting the mammalian breast, which serves as the maternal home/place of feeding for young infants.
Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections? It is cheapest to use mass-produced syringes for such purposes, which are generally already sterilized. Further, a bacterial culture has the potential to contaminate and potentially harm the effectivity of the contained chemicals.
What do you dilute your water with? I personally dilute my water with more water, despite the logic feedback loop this creates for me when I am attempting to achieve a certain degree of dilution.
If nothing ever sticks to TEFLON, how do they make TEFLON stick to the pan? Things stick to TEFLON, especially the adhesives used to bind it to the iron or steel. The world lies to thee.
a.Throw broth at him like it was holy water? If it's hot, it shall injure him regardless of the psychological impact.
b.Take an egg hostage?

MC related Questions:
What comes first, pretty or functionality? Functionality; I am a total failure in aesthetics.
Mobtrap or Mining? FlowerChild gives us no choice: mob trap. Also, it is automatic.
Baked potatoes or Steak? Why not combined?
What kind of biome is prefered building land? In vanilla, it was tundra, but no longer due to HC Movement. Now, either extreme hills or plains with a bit of forest for wood
Have you ever gotten a chicken to cross the road? Yes, indeed I have. Unfortunately, he was dead by the time he reached the other side.

Ok, when you're done with these questions, make sure to fill out the 40 page application so it can get lost in the mail ;) I sent sixty-eight and a half pages--front and back--for your information ;)
Thanks for your cooperation!
-MagikEh
Since I have already taken this this far, I may as well actually apply for whitelisting. My IGN is DeathPunch763 (Don't ask...). Feel free to ask as many questions as would please thee and of any nature, even about marmosets or the origin of my IGN (though you may not survive the tale...). I know my post count is not particularly high, but hopefully my words shall compensate for that.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Vexalor (DeathPunch763) and jak Stone (nitepistol), added. myrkana and ehsanmp, what are your IGN's? (Minecraft names, to whitelist).

I am going to do one last swipe over Edolas tonight to see if there are any bugged blocks remaining, and update to the new version afterwards.
Vexalor

Post by Vexalor »

FaceFoiled wrote:Vexalor (DeathPunch763) and jak Stone (nitepistol), added. myrkana and ehsanmp, what are your IGN's? (Minecraft names, to whitelist).
I am going to do one last swipe over Edolas tonight to see if there are any bugged blocks remaining, and update to the new version afterwards.
Thank you for the whitelist, sir! As to the bugged blocks (I read about it on the other thread), I still remember that happening to me on a private server of mine when I seriously screwed up the metadata of a wool block while altering level files in order to create an "ultimate mob spawner challenge."
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

The ones we have, are caused by an old addon (pre BTW), likely MCMMO. Smooth Stone blocks are the culprit, very weird ^_^. FlowerChild as awesome as he is provided a little tool that allows me to track them down to remove/replace but it just takes a bit of time. I think I've got most of it removed though, so just doing a final sweep tonight.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

woot :) my name is the same as my forum name, myrkana ^.^ hehe now I'm gonna be checking to see if you whitelisted me all night xD

oh and for the timezone thing i saw a page back: I'm eastern time :) from Ohio, usa
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

myrkana wrote:woot :) my name is the same as my forum name, myrkana ^.^ hehe now I'm gonna be checking to see if you whitelisted me all night xD

oh and for the timezone thing i saw a page back: I'm eastern time :) from Ohio, usa
Wait no longer for I have added to the whitelist ;) enjoy your stay :D
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
jak Stone

Post by jak Stone »

ty guys for letting me on the server i hope to get on in the next couple of day and hang out with some or all of u
aka Nitepistol on the irc
http://www.youtube.com/user/nitepistol
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Ello everyone! Quick update to my absence! I have gotten another job (less work for moar moneys.. why not?) And also I have joined another server where.. ready?.. you sure you can handle this?.. yepp, ok.. there are two guys trying to teach me all about the FTB modpack! xD So ive been over there doing pretty well i mean we are at the point where coal is more valuable than diamonds, but whatever right? :P So yeah. I may peek on once and a while, but a final nail in this coffin (and damn you whisp) Ive gotten hooked on don't starve. But hey, once those phases pass i will be on 24/7 again, promise ;)

PS: Thanks for completing those questionnaires guys, loved the answers xD
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: DONT
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

magikeh wrote:Ello everyone! Quick update to my absence! I have gotten another job (less work for moar moneys.. why not?) And also I have joined another server where.. ready?.. you sure you can handle this?.. yepp, ok.. there are two guys trying to teach me all about the FTB modpack! xD So ive been over there doing pretty well i mean we are at the point where coal is more valuable than diamonds, but whatever right? :P So yeah. I may peek on once and a while, but a final nail in this coffin (and damn you whisp) Ive gotten hooked on don't starve. But hey, once those phases pass i will be on 24/7 again, promise ;)

PS: Thanks for completing those questionnaires guys, loved the answers xD
I am debating whether or not I should issue a temp ban for this awful sin of playing on not only another but a FORGE server! Any how have fun enjoy yourself (as much as possible with forge) and get your ass back here soon man!
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

magikeh wrote: Many many questions I do have :D
-MagikEh
Nearly missed this, saw it while checking what Myr had been up to recently (HI MYR!) but I will answer them all.

About you:
Pirates or Ninjas?:
Ninjas. Some of the most entertaining times in my life have involved running around and hiding in shrubbery.

Bannanas or Apples?:
Bananas, That question just reminded me that I have a grapefruit I was going to eat today.

Shinies or Pretties?:
I like pretty things.

Your environment:
Is your fridge running?:
No it stays in one place. As far as I can tell, it has no reason to leave me.

Does your vacuum suck?:
I work hard to keep it in good working order.

How many fans do you have?:
1, 40cm diameter, manufactured by Honeywell.

Where is your biggest fan?:
The above stated fan, In my room.

Skill Questions:
How many types of people understand binary?:

What kind of bra does Ariel wear?:
Breasts, in all their glory, float. A mermaid does not need to trap their boobs unless they are on land.

Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections?:
The law states it has to be a clean kill.

What do you dilute your water with?:
Orange squash.

If nothing ever sticks to TEFLON, how do they make TEFLON stick to the pan?:

Using stuff that TEFLON sticks to.

a.Throw broth at him like it was holy water?
b.Take an egg hostage?

As a previous KFC employee, I know that a whole chicken will fit into a regular bucket. I would choose C. Trapping the aggressive bird would not prove a problem if I had a KFC bucket.

MC related Questions:

What comes first, pretty or functionality?:
Functionality. Pretty comes once the functionality is finished.

Mobtrap or Mining?:
Both. Nobody got lapis from killing spiders.

Baked potatoes or Steak?:
Kebabs.

What kind of biome is prefered building land?:
An area in-between snow, swamp and desert biomes. That way I have easy access to ice and snow, A mob trap that includes slime and an area where windmills can actually be useful. Such places are rare and hard to find.

Have you ever gotten a chicken to cross the road?
Yes. Then it went into the nether, and exploded. It was my last chicken.

Sorry for taking so long, and thank you for respecting my request regarding marmosets.
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

FaceFoiled wrote:Vexalor (DeathPunch763) and jak Stone (nitepistol), added. myrkana and ehsanmp, what are your IGN's?
EhsanMP is my IGN. Keeps things easy!
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Added added added, all done sorted and dealt with. Back to work ^_^.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

And whitelisted EhsanMP as well now. Whitelisted EshanMP previously, sorry. :D
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

professor you'll have to show me how to get to where your based :-p sicne you teleported me and I'm adept at the art of dying :D
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

myrkana wrote:professor you'll have to show me how to get to where your based :-p sicne you teleported me and I'm adept at the art of dying :D
Hmmm good idea :p I will get on now
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

Hmmm super strange when I attempt to log in it still tells me I am not whitelisted. And EhsanMP is correct..
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

ehsanmp wrote:Hmmm super strange when I attempt to log in it still tells me I am not whitelisted. And EhsanMP is correct..
Try her again I think I got it fixed (:
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Try again
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

Thank you, now works :D

Join me comrades!
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

Wow, going around spawn, seeing old signs for lockette and iconomy - Economy mods used to work with BTW? That must have been insane!
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

I won't be on for about an hour or two. And economy mods were per BTW. Edolas was around before btw went smp. And we didn't reset the world for the update.
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

Ehsan edolas used bukkit before btw....
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Formal request to have the questionnaire now a mandatory part of the application process.. it is too awesome to leave out now xD Also as for server time... weekends shall be my play time :) (provided I am not in the garage covered in grease cursing at my tranny)
Magical Shit
Show