[4.899999][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
dawnraider

Re: [4.58] BTW Official Co-Op Server [Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitel

Post by dawnraider »

sky_demon wrote:Things in server are going really nicely. Most people starting to expand in nether, and having neatly connected portals.
Ross, and Tom have made there nether base, and they're taking care of spawn portal in nether by making nice hub(or at least going to).

Atm I'm in progress of building mayan city. Here's simple but good looking first temple. I'm thinking of putting portal into it,
and just making same temple just out of nether brick in nether, as "connection between two dimentions".
Nothing too fancy(still WIP)
Show
Make sure you don't come any closer to me than the jungle edge (continuing N/S) so you don't run into my expansion (and don't extend underground either) I will try to avoid expanding in your direction at all.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Demo'd the pyramid near me for materials (that I didn't actually use yet). There was a tunnel to bedrock there, but not much else. Looks like an anarchy dig or hardcore spawn. Let me know if you had a special attachment to that pyramid. I can return it in a chest! Except for the wool, I used that already.

I have constructed a bloody mess of btw stuff. Seriously one of the worst laid out builds I've ever done. But it works! Sort of. Input clay and netherrack/soul dust, output soul urns. Except I ran into some issues with the pottery bit, clay balls are getting into the kiln and breaking it. Then I had some weird piston stuff going on. I need to investigate and do some more testing but I'm seriously out of time for MC until Monday night. As the machine has taken quite a bit of fanagling to get to this point, and is extremely chaotic, if you're at my base, please don't try to use or mess with it. Also my base is still wide open, so make sure you don't tow a creeper in with you.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Now that I've connected my road to the main network, I'm focusing on going up the BTW tech tree. I finally found enough diamonds for a diamond pick, and made a nether portal. When I went through it, I got attacked by groth. There was a wall of dirt right near the portal that I was able to use to escape from the groth, so I know that someone had been there before. When I went back through, I ended up underground somewhere, but I didn't see any signs of previous activity there. When I went back through that portal, I ended up at the portal you come out of when going through the portal near spawn. So yeah... got some crazy portal weirdness going on. Keep in mind that my base is quite far out to the west, and I still ended up near spawn after all the portal travel.
I will eventually try to figure out the weirdness with the portal linking, but I would also appreciate any help doing so, as I know a few of you have already been playing around with portal linking.
On the bright side, I now have a pretty quick way to get from my base to spawn, at least until the linking gets straightened out. :P

EDIT: After deactivating some portals (used a creeper to disable groth portal, ghasts took out Mara's D, and Sterling's H), I've now cut out the middle man. Now my portal takes me straight to the portal you come through from cyclones pantheon portal near spawn. I don't pretend to understand how this all works... :P Nether portal science is extremely weird.
Last edited by darahalian on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

while where on the subject of achievements, I've just finished two covered bridges that lead to a pantheon I built around a nether portal not too far from spawn. If yer ever out that way, you should check it out.

Also, tom, ross, if ya'll ever get the spare time, I would greatly appreciate it if you could spiff up the area around the nether portal I was working on over on the nether side of things. :)
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

dawnraider wrote:
sky_demon wrote:Things in server are going really nicely. Most people starting to expand in nether, and having neatly connected portals.
Ross, and Tom have made there nether base, and they're taking care of spawn portal in nether by making nice hub(or at least going to).

Atm I'm in progress of building mayan city. Here's simple but good looking first temple. I'm thinking of putting portal into it,
and just making same temple just out of nether brick in nether, as "connection between two dimentions".
Show
Make sure you don't come any closer to me than the jungle edge (continuing N/S) so you don't run into my expansion (and don't extend underground either) I will try to avoid expanding in your direction at all.
Hmm... Didn't saw anything around at all. Only Sterlings base further away in desert.. May you show me where your base is in server or on your map if you have one which is fully zoomed out so I can be sure where not to go?
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Works for me, welcome to the Bunny Kingdom :)
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

CrimsonStorm wrote:Mara - one of your portals, labeled "Porta D" in the Nether, is close enough to my overworld base that it's interfering a bit with my nether portal linking. Would you mind if I just destroyed your overworld portal there (it doesn't appear to be close to anything) and had that nether portal link to my base instead?
Sorry for the delayed respone, yeah knock it down, I thought I had put 'destroy if found' with all my test portals. I guess I forgot that one.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I encountered an issue with my pottery and I posted it in tech support. Take a look if you have time. I had some time this morning to grab a few screenshots for that post. When I did, I forgot to switch off the power. If you are near my base and have lag issues, throw the switch on the bottom of a gearbox in the main road at ground level.
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

dawnraider wrote:

Show
Oh. Now I know what I'm talking with. Sure man, no problem. Anyway I wasn't going to expand that way. lol

Map that Six has made before, a bit edited version. With few more showen bases.
Spoiler
Show

A - Spawn
B - FC's base (road going all the way from spawn to here)
C - SterlingRed's base (road going all the way up to the desert north of here, soon to connect west to FC's)
D - daveyanakov's base
E - splee999's formerly secret bunker
F - Approximate location of CycloneSP's desert tower
G - First creeper hole corpse I found, possibly sky_demon? (I put your stuff in a chest there for you) Sky: nope not mine.
H - Second creeper hole corpse I found and former starting out location of someone (I forget who?)
I - Looted village #1
J -Looted village #2
K - Ross's, and Tom's base
L - istp4lmrs's base
M - sky_demon's base (mayan temple, and maybe mayan city)
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Oh, yeah. Sorry. Forgot that my username here is different :)
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
wirer

Re: [4.60] BTW Official Co-Op Server [Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitel

Post by wirer »

Whitelist request.
IGN:Wirerx

i apologise if my forums presence is not very good. i do enjoy working with others and helping out others in my area.
Six

Post by Six »

So after updating to HC Hunger today, I set out on Exploration 2 to map the North-Western Wilds. They certainly are less populated than the south, and all the snow makes it pretty hard going. However, 48 steak dinners and a few sides later:
Spoiler
Show
And the key, along with a bunch of pictures from the explorations:
A - Spawn
Show
B - Daves base
Show
C - Detritus Bolt Hole
Show
D - Darahas Base
Show
ImageImage
E - Stronghold marker
Show
F - Nether portal 1
Show
G - Nether portal 2
Show
From here it was mostly wilderness, with a few sparse respawn setups and landscape.
H - Flowers respawn shack
Show
I - Unnamed respawn shack
Show
J - Hungers End Plains
Show
K - Sixs Night Shack
Show
L - The Squidded Sea
Show
M - Bare respawn setup 1
Show
N - Intersecting double ravine
Show
O - Bare respawn setup 2
Show
P - Stacked double deep ravine
Show
Q - Piggies Plains
Show
R - Near surface spawner I marked ages ago and randomly stumbled upon
Show
And finally a few bonus pictures from through the exploration:
Show
Tom and Ross's place which I stumbled on just as I was getting close to starving before setting out. Hope they don't mind I borrowed a bit of food, and left other goods I had on me in return:

Some of the nice roading around spawn:

Creeper which, as my laptop was auto-shutting down due to being too hot, came up and exploded in my face just after the screen faded to black. Was a terrifying 'hisssssssBOOM' that I had no idea if I'd survived till I booted back up:

Source of an undersea glow I saw while boating at night:

And finally, a tree-top wood pillar which had be wondering how they got back down...
Aaaand I've still yet to find my old desert. Maybe I'll try the North-East next?
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Nice man. We should donate to you chest ful of goodies for your exploring. heh

Anyways.. How you know when to make a map for them to nicely connect? Because this, and your last map connects pretty close.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

To whomever disabled my mountain peak portal, please replace the obsidian you took. I do not mind that you turned it off but that obsidian represents a lot of effort.
Better is the enemy of Good
Six

Post by Six »

sky_demon wrote: Anyways.. How you know when to make a map for them to nicely connect? Because this, and your last map connects pretty close.
That one was just a good guess. But one way to do it much more accurately is to make a second map at where you want the corner to be, then travel to the corner of that map before making your second.

Also, I would very much welcome supplies. I'll need to get some more paper and 2 compasses before heading out again, and if I could get some carrots and potatoes I could make myself some delicious stew.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

All right, I've set aside the day to play on the server and give HC Hunger a proper workout. If anyone cares to witness my resulting deaths, feel free to pop on ;)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I wish I could, but it's st patricks day. I finish work in an hour, and am heading straight to the pub. ^_^
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok guys...let me explain to you what I consider griefing, as some people obviously aren't getting it:

Modifying someone else's stuff without there explicit permission is considered griefing. This includes making what you view as "improvements" to their builds.

The next person that modifies one of my builds (or anyone else's for that matter) without asking me first will be banned without a second chance. Point finale.

While I was away for the past few days, someone decided to add a Detector Block setup to the weigh-station wind mill I built, even though I'm not even at that point in the tech tree. When told about it, they then said they had cleaned it up, only for me to find out they had left blocks in the surrounding area, which I then had to remove myself to restore the original look.

I then went into my basement to find out someone had setup a mushroom farm, which I also had to go through the trouble of removing.

Again guys...the banhammer will start swinging. If you want to build...build in your own base.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Six wrote:
I - Unnamed respawn shack
Show
I built this one the other day :)
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Along the lines of fcs post, I don't know that this is happening, I just want to mention it as a forewarning. Don't use my base to jump ahead in the tech tree. You need to cook some food in a cauldron? Sure go ahead. You need to make some soul urns? Do it at your own base.
I know my base is rather open atm, but if I consider something public use, there will be a sign saying so. Atm, that is only a chest containing junk and some basic supplies.
Like I said, I haven't noticed this being a problem yet. But I don't want it to become one.
Six

Post by Six »

So Exploration 3 took me to the North East, into what I dubbed The Voxel Sea. Lots of islands, little signs of life. Not really enough to warrant annotations, so I'll post the completed map, then write up a bit of a log of my journey tomorrow with pictures.

The Voxel Sea:
Spoiler
Show
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Damn, you're like Magellan. Great work.

I see there are some jungle island. They look really stuning actualy. heh

Today when i will be on, just ask me if you need anything. I will also take care of maps and compass if you will still explore the world. I don't have a lot of food from which you could choose, but i think i can take care of that too.

Oh the great Six! lol
MrPlatypus

Post by MrPlatypus »

Well, I would like to apply for the whitelist. I am aware that my account is fairly new and my post count is relatively low, but I feel that I should let my interest in the server be known. I have had a few interactions with FlowerChild on the forums (not so much Battosay), and plan on continuing to be active in the community. If at this time either of you feel that you do not know me well enough or that I am still too new to be accepted on the whitelist, please mercifully decline my request. However, if sometime down the road these feelings change, I would love to be a member of your server.
My IGN is "MrPlatypus_"
Six

Post by Six »

Okay, as I said there wasn't a lot of life out to the North East, so I'm going to try doing this a bit differently and write out this as a more of a picture travel log. I apologize in advance for the length of it and if you have any feedback on the format, please share.

From previous travels I knew this map was going to have a lot of ocean, so I cast off into it I gave one last look back towards spawn.
I am going on a boat trip, I may be some time.
Show
Using a new method I worked out, I first sailed to what would be the center of the new map, made a marker and crafted it.
The Center Of The Voxel Sea Map
Show
Wait a second, that looks interesting...
Show
As soon as I crafted the small map, before enlarging it, I saw my first interesting landmark nearby and headed over to check it out. Turned out to be a tiny island with a ravine torn across it, which looked down onto an abandoned mineshaft.
The ravine just fit perfectly on the little island
Show
Soon after I came upon a village which someone has actually made markers leading to and which has a few villagers safely blocked up in their houses.
Markers and first view I had of said village
Show
At least he has something to read in there
Show
Location on the map if anyone wants a villager pair
Show
Heading on I really began to get a feel for how empty the area up here was, probably a combination of the previous issues with HC Spawn and the lower probability of a spawn here due to all the ocean.
Snowy tree tops at sunset
Show
Small jungle islands
Show
Up in the North East corner there were quite a few small jungle islands, then after a whole lot of nothing I stumble upon..
For the jungle fish gods?
Show
Only the corner touched the land
Show
From here I set about getting the full border of the map, which was a whole lot of boating with not too much of interest. Only signs of life seemed to be exit portals from the nether.
Nether portal about 2km east of spawn
Show
Maras house I passed by in my first map
Show
Wolf in the rain
Show
Desert temple with more tasty tasty loot
Show
Unfortunate Nether exit portal
Show
Desert well with nothing else in sight
Show
I then came upon my second village, this one with lots of wheat. Some of the villagers were boarded in, and I boarded in the rest while scrambling around at night.
Zombie, what are you doing? That is not even a door
Show
After taking a few hits and it seeming like there were suddenly 50 mobs about the place, I blocked myself into a house as well.
So this is what it feels like to be a villager
Show
Location of said village
Show
On from there one interesting thing I saw was an abandoned mineshaft at the bottom of an ocean, such that sand had sunken into the intersecting hallways. I also learned it is very hard to get a good picture of anything at the bottom of an ocean as most of what you see comes from the perspective when moving around. Then after filling out over 3/4 of the map I saw something I hadn't seen in a while.
As you can see, I was excited
Show
Signs that life has been here before me
Show
I realised at this point part of why I had not run into much player sign was probably in part due to boating around the edges of islands. Sure enough, heading up onto a nearby island..
That is a nice little aqueduct
Show
Everything a person needs
Show
With just one landmass left to explore, took to the land and made my way across it.
Piggie sunrise
Show
A lot of zombie groans and a bit of digging equals
Show
There was one desert remaining and I'd still yet to find my old desert, but alas all it yeilded was this temple.
Two guesses as to how that crater got there...
Show
Then finally while uncovering the last bit of the map and heading back to the ocean to boat home, I found this awesome piece of land which would make for a great base spot in BTW.
First sight I had of it
Show
From another angle
Show
The pool the water falls down into
Show
With that it was just a boat trip back to spawn, after which I restocked and set out to start mapping the South East.

Spoiler: I've already finished mapping it.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

That's pretty awesome Six. :)