Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ion

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by ion »

an automatic sawmill. it has both a manual input for logs or can be connected to a tree farm skipping the first saw. has modules so you can get the desired output from planks to gears.
Spoiler
Show
Nielmor

Post by Nielmor »

First post in a long time so its not going to be a small one

Recently I have found myself enjoying SMP more than SSP and during a recent relocation I am making a new hemp farm that will be expanded upon as time goes by

Just a quick warning, this image album is like a build log, it shows progress of the building over many stages and as such has lots of images.

http://imgur.com/a/C8vGI
MrPlatypus

Post by MrPlatypus »

That looks amazing Nielmore! Please post more pictures as you contribute to build, I would love to see them.
Nielmor

Post by Nielmor »

MrPlatypus wrote:That looks amazing Nielmore! Please post more pictures as you contribute to build, I would love to see them.
I sure will continue to post picture, sadly I suck at external design so I have asked someone else on the server to help, for now I am working on my mob trap
MrPlatypus

Post by MrPlatypus »

I look forward to it! I always enjoy seeing other people's ways of doing things in minecraft, as I often learn alot which helps me improve my own future builds.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

Now that we have to take care of our villagers instead of mass murdering them, how have you guys been treating your folk? Luxury houses? Concentration camps? Cages?

So far all i could come up was this...
Spoiler
Show
And thats killing me from the inside... it hurts please help.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

Wafflewaffle wrote:Now that we have to take care of our villagers instead of mass murdering them, how have you guys been treating your folk? Luxury houses? Concentration camps? Cages?

So far all i could come up was this...
Spoiler
Show
And thats killing me from the inside... it hurts please help.
They don't need a silly hut like that. Build them a few of these beauties!
Spoiler
Show
They have all of the comforts of home. Cold stone walls, nourishing soul sand, and impenetrable iron bars!
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
DNoved1

Post by DNoved1 »

My endermen farm:
Drop-Tower & Piston-Pusher
Show
Just your average run of the mill piston pushing setup combined with a long fall to quickly kill endermen (especially important so that they don't place endstone blocks).
Drop Collection
Show
Water streams collect the drops into a centralized area. Since some of the drops land on the iron fences I use a set of sticky pistons hooked up to a timer down below to push these items off.
XP Storage Spiral
Show
Normal XP Storage Spiral, doesn't hold too much so I may expand this soon.
Auto-Kiln & Timer
Show
Based on Noir's design with a few modifications so that it uses nine hibachis instead of three and auto-smelts the items. To the left you can see the block dispenser timer I use to push the sticky pistons above.
Storage & Sorting Area
Show
Storage and sorting for ender pearls, brimstone, scrolls, and white stone(in that order from front to back).

Edit: Well, I left it running for about a day and I come back to find this:
Spoiler
Show
Does anyone have an enderman farm that is immune to endstone buildups?
Last edited by DNoved1 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

thats beautiful man
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

I approve.
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

DNoved you can use this ( http://puu.sh/1KSdx ) setup and not get that issue.
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

DNoved1

Post by DNoved1 »

I don't think the issue is with the piston-pushers themselves unfortunately. It seems that in an attempt to save their future endermen they are actually placing blocks midfall.

Though I've noticed that they only seem to initially place them on top of my ring of chopping blocks, so I may slab it over and hopefully prevent the issue. The weird thing about that though is that according to this thread endermen shouldn't be able to place endstone on top of blocks, only on the sides.
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

oh yeah the way you have it set up if you just cover it in vinetraps or signs you should be good to go.

magikeh

Post by magikeh »

DNoved1 wrote:I don't think the issue is with the piston-pushers themselves unfortunately. It seems that in an attempt to save their future endermen they are actually placing blocks midfall.
Yepp i have tried several designs and the only way to avoid this is to have them fall, no chute no nothin till the kill mechanism (Usually fall damage) or you can have a chute and fill the whole thing with signs, make sure to not miss one block, because the buggers will find it and fuck everything over.
DNoved1 wrote: The weird thing about that though is that according to this thread endermen shouldn't be able to place endstone on top of blocks, only on the sides.
I am sorry for any mis information that, that thread may have provided for you. I tried a shaker table approach (12*15 of halfslabs with pistons on each end) and those endermen were able to place the endstone on the top of the tables... seems the only current solution to combat endermen placing blocks everywhere is to just sign the place up! Best of luck tho man!!
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

magikeh wrote:I am sorry for any mis information that, that thread may have provided for you. I tried a shaker table approach (12*15 of halfslabs with pistons on each end) and those endermen were able to place the endstone on the top of the tables... seems the only current solution to combat endermen placing blocks everywhere is to just sign the place up! Best of luck tho man!!
Nah man, not true. You just got it somewhat backwards. Endermen can place on top of any solid surface. What they can't do is attach to the sides of anything other than end stone.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

FlowerChild wrote: Nah man, not true. You just got it somewhat backwards. Endermen can place on top of any solid surface. What they can't do is attach to the sides of anything other than end stone.
Bu... but but.. fuck man! xD Going to need to revisit my old endfarm test place... armed with a lot of signs i think i can make this work.. although one of the major things that makes a mob traps output peak is the number of airblocks around the spawnable space... Moar testing!! ^_^/

PS: Thanks for the tip, in the other thread i do recall you saying something similar but i thought it had to do with related blocks, eg: Stone or other 'hard' blocks.
Magical Shit
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

magikeh wrote:PS: Thanks for the tip, in the other thread i do recall you saying something similar but i thought it had to do with related blocks, eg: Stone or other 'hard' blocks.
I don't think I've given out much info on that feature in the past, other than a few vague tips. I figured the time was right though if people were heading towards putting signs everywhere, as I hate that crap :)

One thing to keep in mind of course, when I say "side" I mean a free-standing side. They can of course place on ANY solid top surface, regardless of what that same block has off to the side.

Basically, the gist of it is that if they're building upwards they can build on anything, but if they're building out horizontally they need to attach to end stone.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

FlowerChild wrote: Basically, the gist of it is that if they're building upwards they can build on anything, but if they're building out horizontally they need to attach to end stone.
Aye, and thats why once they get one block down (usually ontop of the piston i'd guess) they go nuts and place blocks everywhere. SO to fix i guess one could use the tripwire method and place pressure pads on the floor (so there is spawnable space, but they cannot place blocks) or instead of using a chute design, it may be more wise to use a funnel shape with these pushers. And now i think ill stop posting here until i can get an actual, endercheese-turmor free design up and running. :D
Magical Shit
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

magikeh wrote: Aye, and thats why once they get one block down (usually ontop of the piston i'd guess) they go nuts and place blocks everywhere. SO to fix i guess one could use the tripwire method and place pressure pads on the floor (so there is spawnable space, but they cannot place blocks) or instead of using a chute design, it may be more wise to use a funnel shape with these pushers. And now i think ill stop posting here until i can get an actual, endercheese-turmor free design up and running. :D
Yup, one of my design goals with what I did there was to leave pusher-traps as an effective means to farm them.

Designing with mob-trap mechanics in mind ftw ;)
Mud

Post by Mud »

Sorry my first post in this thread is a question instead of pictures, but I'm curious: How do you guys suggest going about building up a new village from scratch? I found and settled down in a desert village in my first HCH world, but I haven't expanded it as I want to move them into a swamp biome that's nearby. I've only just built a windmill in this world and I'm trying to figure out how to design and build the village to be easily expanded as I progress in BTW. The best idea I've come up with on my own is having a windmill at the center of the village where I could expand an industrail area as I unlock more tech, but worry that given that the residential and agricultural areas need to built from the start that I'll eventually have to tear down and rebuild them as the industrial "core" expands.

Anyone else wrestled with this problem?
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Mud wrote:Sorry my first post in this thread is a question instead of pictures, but I'm curious: How do you guys suggest going about building up a new village from scratch? I found and settled down in a desert village in my first HCH world, but I haven't expanded it as I want to move them into a swamp biome that's nearby. I've only just built a windmill in this world and I'm trying to figure out how to design and build the village to be easily expanded as I progress in BTW. The best idea I've come up with on my own is having a windmill at the center of the village where I could expand an industrail area as I unlock more tech, but worry that given that the residential and agricultural areas need to built from the start that I'll eventually have to tear down and rebuild them as the industrial "core" expands.

Anyone else wrestled with this problem?
You don't need to stuff all your industrial builds into a narrow space. Once you have mechanical power going, its pretty easy producing more windmills and waterwheels, if you need mechanical power further than you want to run gearboxes.

As a general rule of thumb, I strongly advice you to not destroy any of the water sources. Instead, use trenches and possibly screw pumps to create a large farmable area (remember that hydration spreads up to 4 farm plots from water, even running). Just make sure to center your base around where you spend your time, so the chunks are loaded whenever you play.

In terms of aesthetics, you can pretty easily make a factory look like a residential building and vice versa. In terms of a wall around your town, just do it. When the time comes to expand, just poke a hole, make a nice little gatehouse, and then build another section of wall around your new area. Don't tear down the old wall, keep it. That goes for more or less everything, dont tear down old builds, keep them around as they really help make the world truly feel "yours".
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Don't have any fancy machinery to show off at the moment, but it's a "build" nonetheless. I'm rather proud of the way this roof came out. It's simple, organic and above all completely spawn-proof. Pain-in-the-backside to build, though :P
Spoiler
Show
Kaitocain

Post by Kaitocain »

Nothing fancy, just my windmill working in the desert. The torches are pre-torch nerf, so that's why there are so many of them everywhere.
Spoiler
Show
Mud

Post by Mud »

Graphite wrote:Don't have any fancy machinery to show off at the moment, but it's a "build" nonetheless. I'm rather proud of the way this roof came out. It's simple, organic and above all completely spawn-proof. Pain-in-the-backside to build, though :P
Spoiler
Show
Your eye or architecture always makes your builds a treat.
devak

Post by devak »

I normally do not consider myself the best aesthetics man. However, this is a little gem of mine that undoubtedly took the most time of all my base.

Album

It's what i call the Ziggurat. It houses my SFS beacon. It's not even finished yet, i need some more death-themed stuff inside. However the general idea is that it's an unholy temple of doom.
pictures
Show

Additionally: my journey of setting up a new base:

My base on the Better than Solo server