"The End" sure lives up to its name.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
SilenV

"The End" sure lives up to its name.

Post by SilenV »

I'll admit I hadn't ventured into The End™ prior to installing BTW, but what I had read about the End world beforehand indicated that I could make use of a pumpkin to avoid getting attacked by the two bajillion Endermen on the island, meaning I'd be able to focus on the crystals and dragon.

However, upon having valiantly ventured into the End world along with my friend, we quickly found ourselves in what could have very well been a reenacting of the Battle of Thermopylae. I can't really give a clear number on how Endermen were simultaneously trying to chew on my guts, but I can tell you that there were enough that I was walled off from all sides. Needless to say, the dragon didn't even get to have a stab at us before we were back in the comfort and safety of the Overworld thinking "Well, that escalated quickly...".

So as I respawn, I'm wondering if such thing is actually meant to happen. Every strategy guide I've found about the End fails to specify any action plans for waging war on the entire Enderman faction at once, so I can't help but think that either:

- Pumpkin heads aren't working correctly in BTW
- FC is a total sadist and doesn't want us to make explosives, so he gave Endermen automatic AoE aggro
- Something is hilariously wrong with our server

So, which one is it?
Azdoine

Re: "The End" sure lives up to its name.

Post by Azdoine »

In order:

Not 'incorrect', just different.
For sure.
Quite Possibly.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

1. No, but something else took its place
2. Sounds like something FC would do, but I don't think he did
3. That might be true, but probably not the cause
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

In BTW: Endermen agro en-masse if you anger one of them, this is really obvious in the End but it happens in the overworld.
SilenV

Post by SilenV »

Mason11987 wrote:In BTW: Endermen agro en-masse if you anger one of them, this is really obvious in the End but it happens in the overworld.
Would the dragon be included in the mass-aggro? I maybe have fired an arrow at it before we used the pearl to jump to the island.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

SilenV wrote:
Mason11987 wrote:In BTW: Endermen agro en-masse if you anger one of them, this is really obvious in the End but it happens in the overworld.
Would the dragon be included in the mass-aggro? I maybe have fired an arrow at it before we used the pearl to jump to the island.
no, but you might have looked at some enderman in the process
SilenV

Post by SilenV »

Very well, I shall try it again and hopefully not incur the wrath of the purple-eyed freaks this time.

By the way, thanks for the tip Dawnraider, I got a pretty good idea of what "something else" you're referring to.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

The enderman pacifying functions of the pumpkin were removed and transferred to *redacted*.

I apologize, I only read the op.
Last edited by Battlecat on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battlecat wrote:The enderman pacifying functions of the pumpkin were removed and transferred to the ender spectacles. They should make your life a bit easier.
Guy (a) is having fun figuring things out on his own with a few well placed hints from the community, to the point where he even says he thinks he has it figured out.

Guy (b) decides to just roll the stripper out on the stage in a wheel-barrow, already spread eagle.

What's wrong with this picture?
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

As far as dealing with lots of aggrod endermen, keep in mind they are 3 blocks tall. ;-)
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

SterlingRed wrote:As far as dealing with lots of aggrod endermen, keep in mind they are 3 blocks tall. ;-)
It's funny, I was doing that for a while until I realized that I had no real game plan to get out of there. Figuring out how to move from my "safe" area to the portal without dying from the dozens of endermen very close to me was a truly unique planning and constructing project.

I didn't make it, but if I had, it would have been awesome! The cool thing is that I died from a mistake that could have been avoided, I never felt like an obscure mechanic got me, it was all knowable it was just difficult.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

The cause for the mass aggro is probably that your arrow missed, and an enderman, aggroing all those around it.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
nmarshall23

Post by nmarshall23 »

My first trip to The End when about just as you have described.
BTW gave me a reason to even go to the end. Otherwise I didn't see a point. BTW does give you tools that will help you, I leave you to figure out those on your own.

Preparation helps. But do not take the kitten sink with you.. You will probably loose it.
Remember that you can not return to the otherworld by the portal you came in.

You may want to read up on the Ender Dragon if you like.
My only hint is that he has nasty habits that will ruin your day and your plans..

Good luck and have fun.
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)
Locke

Post by Locke »

nmarshall23 wrote:But do not take the kitten sink with you.. You will probably loose it.

And you don't want to loose that kitten sink, dem kitties are cute.
FlowerChild wrote: Hehehe...BTW: Making Minecraft a little more vile with each release :)
Spoilered for convenience :)
Spoiler
Show
wirer

Post by wirer »

but kittens make such good ammunition!

... we should totally try that. a kitten in a minecart tnt cannon.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

A quick tip to get rid of annoying enderman swarms involves a bucket and a liquid of some sorts, I'm not sure which one ;] Far from ideal, but life saving in a pinch. Eventually the end will turn into one huge mobtrap, and safe enough, but until then, 3 iron ingots are not a big loss even if you die.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said