New redstone latch feature causing issues

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
LaserCooled

New redstone latch feature causing issues

Post by LaserCooled »

So I recently updated to 1.4.2 and was running out of food. So I went to my meat factory to get something to eat. To my great surprise, I discovered that it is no longer working properly. After going into the timing mechanisms I determined that this is due to the new redstone latch feature. Basically I have a Block Dispenser with 4 opaque blocks and a repeater in it. When the opaque blocks are placed, they are powered from the side by a repeater and power is transmitted through the blocks to a line of redstone on the other side. When the repeater is placed, it powers a block in front of it and in turn the redstone on the other side of that block. See setup below (sorry for the crappy paint pictures, I can't post any better ones right now, but will when I get a chance):
Spoiler
Show
The image shows how this used to work. The light red means that the redstone is powered. Dark red unpowered.
The problem here is that the repeater that used to power only the opaque blocks now prevents the repeater from powering at all. Has anyone else run into issues with the new latch feature? And does anyone see an easy workaround?
Last edited by LaserCooled on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunnerman21

Re: New redstone latch feature

Post by Gunnerman21 »

I had the exact same problem in my base. What I did was replace the solid block with a piece of redstone, and connect the signal of the BD to it indirectly with a block sitting over the despenced redstone.
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
LaserCooled

Post by LaserCooled »

The only problem with that in my case is that I need four pulses to the left line of redstone and one to the top line. So I can't use redstone dust to do that, unless I'm missing something.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

LaserCooled wrote:The only problem with that in my case is that I need four pulses to the left line of redstone and one to the top line. So I can't use redstone dust to do that, unless I'm missing something.
I think I know a fix for you; going by the diagrams, replace the repeater to the right of the blue square with redstone dust, and the redstone dust on the left with a repeater. That *should* propagate the current.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
dawnraider

Re: New redstone latch feature causing issues

Post by dawnraider »

In the opaque block test, swap the repeater and the dust.

Like this:

^
R
<R O D P
BD

R=repeater (arrows show direction)
D=dust
BD=Block dispenser
O=opaque block
P=power

EDIT: Damn ninjas
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
LaserCooled

Post by LaserCooled »

Thanks, that did the trick. I never knew you could use a repeater to pull power out of a block like that.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Glad to hear it helped!
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!