Bellows doesn't work on fastest turntable setting?

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
mikello324

Bellows doesn't work on fastest turntable setting?

Post by mikello324 »

Basically, I have two bellows set up and they both run off the same turntable to be alternated. Both bellows work fine when the turntable is on the second fastest setting, but on the fastest setting the second bellows stops pumping air and just stays inflated/deflated. I know I set everything up right and the second bellows should be working because everything works fine on the turntable's second fastest setting.

I have BTW, modloader, minecraft forge, and TMI installed.

Pictures in the spoiler.
Spoiler
Show

The pointer is on the second bellows, and the first bellows in on the left.

Here's a better picture of the second bellows.

Here's the turntable giving power to both of the bellows.
Devalish

Re: Bellows doesn't work on fastest turntable setting?

Post by Devalish »

I'm not sure, but i think the "problem" is that when the turntable is on the fastest
setting, the signal passes too quickly to register properly.

(don't think it's a bug, should have mentioned it before)
Last edited by Devalish on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind; they are subjective.
I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

pretty sure this isnt a bug, also how i set up my bellows is a turntable on the second setting with a single torch on top, this works for me, are you saying that it doesnt work on the second setting?
mikello324

Post by mikello324 »

They both work fine on the second fastest setting; only one of them works on the fastest setting. I would think that it wasn't a bug too if both of the bellows weren't working, but one of them is and the other isn't.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

I had the same setup for one bellow in my test world, with a torch on each side of the turntable on the fastest setting, with redstone going to a gearbox that gave power to the bellow, and it worked perfectly.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

A gear box takes half a second on the fastest setting to switch state from powered to unpowered.

A turntable takes half a second on minimum setting to rotate.

You're RIGHT on the border-line of providing power to these devices man. You can't expect it to be reliable. Use the 2nd setting or put a 2nd torch on the column being rotated.

Not a bug. Thread closed.