Increasing render distance

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
erikdk321

Increasing render distance

Post by erikdk321 »

Is there a way to increase the render distance with some simple file editing without running into compatibility issues?

I hope this is the right place to post this :)
dawnraider

Re: Increasing render distance

Post by dawnraider »

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Simple? No. Possible? Unlikely, due to possible conflict.

There was a mod I used for it back in 1.0 or 1.1 or something that did that but never got updated. Several years ago I looked at trying to either update it or replicate the effects of it for personal use to no avail. Enough changed with the 1.3 update presumably to break it entirely, basically requiring a rewrite which I could not figure out. I'm sure it's possible just I was not able to get it working. The big issue is BTW. BTW has significantly changed how chunk loading works, along with rendering optimizations, that I wouldn't be surprised if there were conflicts there as well. I have not checked for file conflicts in the areas that may necessary due to coming up short even doing it for vanilla.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!