Music selections for different games

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Moldiworp2

Music selections for different games

Post by Moldiworp2 »

After playing games my entire life, only recently have I realized just h1ow much an appropriate song (not so much thematically, more in a vibe? sorta way) can improve a game experience, not just for enjoyments sake but I've found in certain contexts with certain songs I can achieve that 'Zen' state much easier. That state of being where you are so completely in the zone that you are achieving the maximum performance possible given your time/effort involved. I now taylor make playlists for pretty much every game that it feels appropriate (plenty of games have perfect soundtracks that encourage that zen state, Olli Olli is a great example).
Here are some songs I've found to be wonderful for Better Than Wolves (not much zen state required for this but they help to not panic and fit the feel)
Giovanni Sollima - Hell pt 1
Neil Young - Dead Man Theme (thank-you rockstar for helping introduce an awesome muso to a generation)
Alice Coltrane Turiya and Ramakrishna
Charles Mingus - Moanin'
Various others that I will add on when I remember my YT deets.

Was curious what music people play in certain games, specifically Better Than Wolves and if we have any Elite:Dangerous guys what their go-to's were.
dawnraider

Re: Music selections for different games

Post by dawnraider »

Destiny PvP I listen to a lot of upbeat techno which really helps me get into playing in a fast-paced, fluid way. Better than wolves is typically Hard rock, metalcore, and related genres (Three Days' Grace, All That Remains, We Came as Romans, I Prevail, etc), which I also listen to with other slower, more methodical games like Factorio (which the music is not remotely slow, but I still find it fits for me). Most other games I play are story-based and so I don't listen to any outside music so I can still hear. And usually those games have good and theme-appropriate music anyways.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Music selections for different games

Post by FlowerChild »

There's another thread discussing this here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9570