Feedback and observations on the end dimension

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
Hiracho

Feedback and observations on the end dimension

Post by Hiracho »

Since we've arrived at the End at our server, I thought I'd put down my thoughts on the stuff going on there. I realise the mod hasn't touched much of the stuff in here, but I'm guessing how the end interacts with some of the more recent changes and direction might be interesting. so:

Enderdragon
I dont think the dragon has been touched by the mod, though it is an important factor in the end, so I'll mention it shortly anyway: rediculously easy. The dragon flies away (stops charging you)every time you shoot it with an arrow, basically rendering the dragon an unimportant factor while you destroy the altars. Which you can just shoot from the ground. The wither fight is and has been so much harder and scarier. I hope the dragon gets a little love!

Wood
The material of heavens. In this dimension, wood has all the positive sides. Endermen don't spawn nor teleport on it, silverfish can't crawl inside it. and there's no reason to build anything that sets fire around here. making it a perfect material to build everything out of. A little too perfect probably. It feels weird that it has no downsides. Using wood makes directing endermen to only spawn inside a trap really easy, especially when you build your base away from the end island

Silverfish
Somehow the biggest letdown of the end. I heard all these amazing stories about the little bug that absolutely destroys and plagues the end an infestation that sounds scary in terms of BTW. Turns out these creatures are tame as can be, and extremely rare.
We've set up an enderbeacon with max level and had no idea what to do because nothing happened. After tens of hours and building and testing suddenly an explosion right in front of me, and a silverfish appeared! I realised that the very rare endermen teleportation sound was actually a silverfish teleporting to the end dimension. The quarantined stone blocks didnt do anything after multiple hours and there was no information on silverfish so I felt the need to use creative and test stuff by spawning hundreds of infested blocks. only then once in a while one of those blocks erupted and I understood what was going on. This would never have been clear in a survival setting due to the rareness and time it took(did some math , turns out one infested block takes on avarage over 10 hours to decay). Made a trap in survival afterwards anyway to my best knowledge of an effective farm. which ended up with 5 consumed stone blocks after an 8 hour afk sleep(also, staying dead for 8 hours to keep an area loaded might not be in spirit of the mod either)

All in all silverfish have been very underwhelming. Seeing as Silverfish and automated clay has been one of the main interests of the end, it also discourages me to continue :(

I hope this feedback is usefull,
Hiracho