Mid Game Slump Revisited

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
jackatthekilns

Mid Game Slump Revisited

Post by jackatthekilns »

Below are some initial thoughts about the post-crucible game after some of the recent changes. More thoughts to come.

The inciting thought for this post was thinking about how to expand my hibachi capabilities and I realized how some of the recent changes have made the game more interesting. In the past, after I reached crucible stage, I had a sense of infinite resources, that is no longer the case. While I do not concern myself with my tools, food and other resources, such as dung, are much more scarce. The two biggest contributors to this state seem to be the animal grazing problem and the extreme slowdown of the kiln. I really want to build more bellows, but i don't think I have the meat resources to feed a dog for long.

All in all, I think the challenges presented in the game have been spread out over a longer stretch which I find more fun.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Mid Game Slump Revisited

Post by FlowerChild »

I'm not sure why I didn't respond to this initially, apologies for that.

What you describe has been the intent behind a lot of the changes I've been making, so glad to hear they're working out. Previously the survival aspects, and thus a lot of the incentive for forward progress, kinda dropped off a cliff at a certain point.

I'm trying more to slowly ease off the throttle now instead, where your life gets easier with progress, but you still feel the push to keep improving your situation.

Anyways, thanks for the observations. Despite my delayed reaction it's very good to hear when my design intent works out like this :)