Graveyard Keeper on PC

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Taleric

Graveyard Keeper on PC

Post by Taleric »

If you know Stardew Valley you know what Graveyard Keeper is like.

Something about the macabre setting really drew me in and I grabbed it. The differences from Stardew are:

-Farming is present but an equal partner to corpse management, preaching, science, mining and dungeon crawling.

-NPC relations are present but more of an obvious fetch questing story.

-Humor is very subjective but I have had a good laugh at all the dialogue and NPCs.

The play ark will take 18-25 hours to complete. At 10 hours nothing has felt grindy. The story and progression really drive the player to get to the next step.

There is just enough choice to feel free and focus on extended side activities before returning to the main story line.

If you loved Stardew the current price is fair. If Graveyard Keeper looked interesting but you are unfamiliar $10 is an excellent price.
Hiracho

Re: Graveyard Keeper on PC

Post by Hiracho »

Having played through the entire story I'd have to disagree. The game feels very unfinished. As if the developers lost interest in it halfway through and had no test playthroughs at all. The last few techs basically have no function, all the alchemy potions have litteraly no implemented effect(and you actually have to wiki them because there are about 20 succesful combos in over thousands of possible combinations) recipe's are missing (unimplemented) ingredients. the longer I played the more i felt like it was lacking. The Idea was really nice. But there is no Stardew quality entertainment in this game. perhaps the first few hours :) I do not recommend buying this game, until they actually finish it
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Bummer! I had just reached potions and found a few recipes, and the story up till now had been fun. That sucks if it goes bad.

I had not even started on all the embalming work that looked good?

See Stardew lost me at the half way because I could not stand to give anymore eggs to people or remember birthdays. I kind of like trial and error stuff.
Hiracho

Post by Hiracho »

The Embalming actually works quite nice. the anatomy could use some work though(I would suggest they add implanting next to extraction so there's actually a use for some organs)

The story keeps being fun till you reach the actual end. that just feels as if its cut off.So You atleast got some hours of fun ahead!