Hardcore Soul Mating and Recent Change to Prevent Exploits

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Ozziie

Hardcore Soul Mating and Recent Change to Prevent Exploits

Post by Ozziie »

Struggling to confirm whether this is intended or not as I'm not quite sure what the exploit was:

It appears the health and hunger penalty are being applied to the second player when they spawn in the same area after the first as part of Hardcore Soul Mating.

Has anyone had similar experiences?
Gilberreke

Re: Hardcore Soul Mating and Recent Change to Prevent Exploi

Post by Gilberreke »

Just to clarify, the way I understood it was: player 1 dies, shortly after player 2 dies, player 2 will spawn at the same spot as player 1, but with the new penalties.

That's correct, right?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

You sure about this man? I just looked over the code and this shouldn't happen unless the 2nd player also repeatedly dies in the same location.

I'm not really in a situation to easily test this myself right now but if I can get confirmation from someone else, I'll dig into it further.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I set myself up to test it, and it seems to be working fine, with players only suffering penalties if they themselves have died repeatedly within the same MC day (20 minute period). Otherwise, second player follows first to new respawn point without suffering penalties.

If there's an issue here, you're going to have to be more specific about the circumstances that lead to it.