Wolves not attacking

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
Retorix

Wolves not attacking

Post by Retorix »

Hey fc. I recently updated to the latest ahhh version of better than wolves. Since I've been playing on a server I have noticed that the wolves don't attack me when aggressive. They will just sit there and let me kill them. It happens like 80% of the time. If this is something I've fucked up somehow, then I apologize for wasting your time. Cheers.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Wolves not attacking

Post by FlowerChild »

Guys: if you're not sure if something is a bug, post it to tech support.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Reopening this. I've had a weird encounter with some wolves that suggests there's something going on with their AI.

Will take a look.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I've encountered something similar on several occasions. Here's the exact circumstances if its of help in bug hunting.

Hungry wolf becomes aggressive and attacks me. I punch back, it's eyes turn red and suddenly it stops attacking. It just stands there and takes a beating. Every instance I've had a problem with wolves behavior becoming un-aggressive has been after the eye color change.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SterlingRed wrote:I've encountered something similar on several occasions.
Yeah, this is along the lines of what I ran into yesterday: I was mid fight with a wolf when it just went chill on me. I think it was already red-eyed for a bit when it happened though.

I suspect I messed something up back when I did wolfsies with hatsies, as I had to tweak their AI for squid symbiosis.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fixed for next release.

@Retorix: Sorry for not taking the initial report more seriously.