[Spoiler request] progression to The End - How?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
garrak_x86

[Spoiler request] progression to The End - How?

Post by garrak_x86 »

Hi there. I'm having trouble finding the way to get to the end.

I got all Villager Types, my Priest is on lvl 4 and wants an infernal enchanter to progress to 5, which in turn already needs access to The End. So how do i progress? What's with that Dormant Forge trade (which i don't have)?

The need for automatization has been declining rapidly because of villager trades my surpluss production is already more than i'll ever need. Manual, but once done it's just enough for a long time...
The only reason i need access to The End is, so i can pacify nether.

P.S. i'm on 4.A9 or something, not interested in recent "stone-age" / waiting for there to be sufficient information on it before starting.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: [Spoiler request] progression to The End - How?

Post by FlowerChild »

The Dormant Forge is found in nether fortresses.
garrak_x86

Post by garrak_x86 »

Meaning i can get access to some more tech before actually getting to The End. Good to know. Something else i'll need to do for my "nether-quest" (assuming the forge can't be obtained by crafting anymore, which i'm pretty sure of given the trade..)
gaga654

Post by gaga654 »

It was spelled out pretty clearly in the change logs a few versions back. The summary is:

Spoiler
Show
  • Dormant soulforges can be found in nether fortresses, or crafted out of gold (but crafting them requires a 4x4 grid already, so you'll have to scavenge your first one).
  • Dormant soulforges can be turned into soulforges either via villager trade, or by crafting with a nether star and soul flux (this latter option requiring end access).
garrak_x86

Post by garrak_x86 »

Thanks, but the soulforge thingy has been dealt with*. Still no clue if i've just been unlucky in my priest trades or missing something different for further progression.

Sorry, my main concern wasn't the forge so i've not studied the changelog for that. I'm more concerned about getting to the last realm. As far i can remember, villager trades were off-limits in changelogs for spoilery-reasons.
Spoiler
Show
* second fortress had someImage
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

The priest is not the only villager required to progress anymore (that's also in the change logs). Progress gating trades should always be available, so luck shouldn't have anything to do with whether you have access to the right trades or not.

You needed the Soulforge to satisfy other progression gating trades, so it wasn't just a matter of getting additional tech.
garrak_x86

Post by garrak_x86 »

So i'll formulate my question more clearly:

which trade requirements are needed to be met to get to The End (type+level)? Hence this has been the hint.

I've got infused skulls (needed them before for the priest afaik), so i'm going to get that nether star next.

I've read the section with "priest is not the only villager required to progress anymore"; that's why i've got all of them before even asking. There's just no way to say which of those is actually my next goal.

I've pushed my blackmith to 3, which was a huge emerald sink but seems pointless for it. Butcher at 4 (Runed skulls). Maxed farmer (easiest). Librarian 3 (wants ghast tears for xp; not gonna do if it's not related to The End). Priest as mentioned at 4 (infused skulls for 3->4 + wither). There's a "Nitwit" Villager in MC-Wiki which i've never seen.

My assumption is i need the priest for Eye of Ender (was in 4.A2), which my priest hasn't shown in trades at lvl 4 and hence i maxed his xp (thus the "unlucky" part), i'm asking what i'm missing, given the trade changes.

//edit: my only idea left is, that i trully need to up my blacksmith to 4 and he'll get a soulforged steel trade, which in turn can be used for the infernal enchanter. Which is a big emerald sink, but that would be fine if knew it was the case.
You needed the Soulforge to satisfy other progression gating trades, so it wasn't just a matter of getting additional tech.
Somehow missed that part... Huh, no idea what you mean there. I don't know of 4x4 recipes needed for The End :/. I know i need the forge for my soulforged steel boots, but what kind of progression it'd be to get to The End, nope.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sorry, I'm not willing to provide those kind of details. If someone else has discovered the path and wants to share, that's fine, I just don't put out those kind of spoilers unless I know the community has already discovered them on their own.

Best hint I'm willing to provide here is: you need to level the villagers you already have.
garrak_x86

Post by garrak_x86 »

Sure, that's ok. Afaik you don't go around censoring the wiki or anything. If nobody is up to sharing, might be i get to be the first one then.

Given the first hint and the second also pointing in that direction (pointing like a club), i'll have to just dump more emeralds into it. Might take a while (if it wouldn't be stretching my patience, i wouldn't have asked). I still hope it's not related to the librarian though, ghast tears are no fun for me :( (no need to answer that)

//edit: if someone has a link to ghast spawn (btw confirmed) conditions that would be neat. I'm pretty sure they spawn only as other mobs on normal blocks and just need more space, but if there is something more, would be nice 2 know.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

garrak_x86 wrote:I still hope it's not related to the librarian though, ghast tears are no fun for me :( (no need to answer that)
As an aside, leveling up should never be blocked by a single non-level trade like that. Either something is bugged, or you're exaggerating the need for ghast tears.
garrak_x86 wrote:Sure, that's ok. Afaik you don't go around censoring the wiki or anything.
Cool! As far as I know you don't go around murdering hookers and stuffing their dismembered corpses into mail boxes, so I guess we're all good!
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

garrak_x86 wrote://edit: if someone has a link to ghast spawn (btw confirmed) conditions that would be neat. I'm pretty sure they spawn only as other mobs on normal blocks and just need more space, but if there is something more, would be nice 2 know.
A new method to farm ghast was added recently to the mod.
Spoiler
Show
It involves nothing to worry about and an animal that could resemble a ghast