Spiders from Spawners drop string

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
Mesh

Spiders from Spawners drop string

Post by Mesh »

I started a new world the other night with 8 other people and we found a spider spawner close to the surface in the first in game week. It's pretty much solved all our string problems and it feels off to me. The lads were joking that I'd make a forum post about it because I'm so anal about anything feeling cheaty, well I guess the joke may be on them because they were right and here it is.

It does feel a bit off, I'm not sure if it's something you might have overlooked or if it was intentionally left in but it kind of took the wind out of my sails while everyone got excited about unlimited string. I'm also aware of how unlikely it is to find a spider spawner close to the surface like that, let alone so early in the game. I mean we will have hemp soon and it'll be moot then. Anyway just giving you a heads up man.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Spiders from Spawners drop string

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks dude, it's a good catch, and I hadn't considered it.

It's easy enough for me to just spawn them with string depleted, so I'll fix that up for next release.
Mesh

Post by Mesh »

Haha, brilliant. They're gonna hate me :)
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

You might want to do the same with skelly spawners. Unless I'm off-base here, they will drop bows, which is again infinite string.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

Gilberreke wrote:You might want to do the same with skelly spawners. Unless I'm off-base here, they will drop bows, which is again infinite string.
Once you can turn bows into string, is that really to much of a problem? You'll already will have plenty of hemp fibers for that.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote:You might want to do the same with skelly spawners. Unless I'm off-base here, they will drop bows, which is again infinite string.
Doh! Good point. That one is a little trickier to resolve, but I'll look at that too.
Niyu wrote: Once you can turn bows into string, is that really to much of a problem? You'll already will have plenty of hemp fibers for that.
Not anymore. There's a first day conversion recipe now.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I think I'm going to ponder this one a bit longer before taking action on it. Suppressing the spider silk isn't too bad, as it's somewhat consistent with spawner mobs not spawning with equipment (armor and weapons on zombies) but I find things start getting weird in terms of internal consistency if I start suppressing skeleton bow drops while still leaving them with their bows for attack purposes.

Meanwhile, skelies have no other attacks if I remove their bows entirely, which would be more consistent with the other no equipment stuff.

Anyways, there's solutions to all this, it's just become a bit bigger than anticipated with the addition of the skeleton variable, so I might not get on it right away.
Mesh

Post by Mesh »

FlowerChild wrote: Anyways, there's solutions to all this, it's just become a bit bigger than anticipated with the addition of the skeleton variable, so I might not get on it right away.
That's great and all (and intriguing), but I'm still breaking our spawner >:)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Mesh wrote: That's great and all (and intriguing), but I'm still breaking our spawner >:)
That's entirely appropriate :)