Glass Bottles

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
Hiracho

Glass Bottles

Post by Hiracho »

Hello :) I'm not one to talk often but I lurk these forums on a daily basis. As far as I know and could find there hasn't been a topic on Glass Bottles not being smeltable in the crucible. This feels kind of strange with it being able to melt sand to glass, I'd have thought "sub" glassblocks would revert to regular blocks too or something. Not sure if it's intentional balance wise but did find it an interesting idea to post here. Thanks for reading this!

ps. Since I took the trouble to post something, I just have to say thanks for this amazing game Flowerchild :) I've let go of minecraft ever since BTW made an actual game out of it.
magikeh

Re: Glass Bottles

Post by magikeh »

Hrm, Given that I usually only accumulate large amounts of glass bottles from mob traps (I tend to only build them in swamps) I could see this as being a half decent way to 'compact' another drop (much like the blocks of bone/flesh)But this also starts pushing into the territory of the rates for use of potions I go through, and that being a major cause for me not needing as many bottles as the traps usually produce.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Glass Bottles

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, this is a pretty reasonable thing to assume would happen. It's a bit fiddly as I'll have to go through each glass item in the game and create an output for it, and will probably need some higher res "nugget" glass item to handle smaller quantities, but I don't think there are all that many glass based items to go through.

Not entirely sure I'd want to devalue sand by creating an automated glass production method though.

I'll take a note to consider it further.