Anyone still use the config file?

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Anyone still use the config file?

Post by FlowerChild »

Specifically, does anyone still reassign block and item IDs manually?

I'm thinking of leaving the functionality in place, just not list all the default values in the config file, to help minimize the work involved in adding new stuff.
Mesh

Re: Anyone still use the config file?

Post by Mesh »

I sometimes refer to it for block ID's of the new features and blocks you add to the mod (I'm not sure if you're talking about not adding future ones there or not), but I could probably do without them if it's going to save you time
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Mesh wrote:(I'm not sure if you're talking about not adding future ones there or not)
Yeah, that's exactly what I was wondering. It's an extra file I need to manipulate as part of the process, and I'm always looking for small ways to streamline things. I've added something like 50 different blocks since adding extended block IDs, and have no intention of easing back anytime soon, so saving a few seconds (and the corresponding mental bandwidth of having another task) here and there adds up with time.

It's not a big deal here though, so if it helps you guys with texture packs or what have you, I can either leave it as is, or perhaps implement a function that just outputs all the current values to a separate file automagically to act as a reference.
Mesh

Post by Mesh »

Well I can't speak for other Texture Pack artists but it's certainly helpful for me to have a block ID reference if you can add that automatic output, but not having it isn't going to hinder me so feel free to axe it if it saves time
ion

Post by ion »

i forgot that there are blocks ids there, so i just use mcedit for most of the texturing.